1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

u trade Dipo for multiple 2nd round picks and bring Bev, why will the Houston do this trade ? if some team can take Bev, then it must take one FRP. can Bev play 50 games in one season? no team will do that! the team will not bring Lou

D-rock likes this.
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I'm assuming there's this weird overlap with GLeague guys in the bubble and bringing them back up?

I'm obviously not 100% certain but I don't think it's as easy as bringing a guy up and down like it has been in the past. May need to isolate to pass protocols or something before heading in the bubble. So unless there's a SUPER DESPERATE need for someone in the GLeague (which is arguable at this point), I don't expect much movement.

I assume this is why Mason Jones wasn't sent down. So they can still have him as a body off the bench.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would take Reggie Bullock expiring $4.2M contract and picks instead. Just me though.

8.9 pts shooting 37% from 3......just finish the season out.

6. fattz

fattz Member

As I read through this... random thought... is Bamba really our small forward instead of our back up 5. With his length, speed and 3 point shooting, why not. Play him to his skills not his size. Counter small ball with tall ball. Pairing him and Tate together would make for a really long night for someone. Back and play side rim help, too. Maybe if putting him down in the paint all game it’s really what he needs. Free him to be him. Bamba is a difference maker if used as a difference maker.

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If it were me, I'd move Knox to Cavs for Nance or to Magic for AG.

Keep the FRP of course.

jch1911 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

In a 5 out, the traditional position descriptions are not critical.

On offense there are rollers, facilitators, drivers, 3ball shooters, cutters, screeners, dunkers, etc.

5 guys who can do ALL of the above is best example of positionless basketball.

fattz likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Stone is listening.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets sell.....sell.....SELL

Nobody we get back helps this year. Not enough to get by Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Bucks

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both AG or Nance can be used to rebuild around Wood.

Selling for sake of selling is no plan at all IMO.

And AG is shooting just under 37% 3P just like Bullock.

And unlike Reggie Bullock, he can play starting 4, secondary ballhandler, lockdown defense/defend 1-5 AND improve team rebounding.

fattz likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If we can compete, let's compete.

Otherwise? It'd be nice to keep that top 4 pick, but I'd think it unlikely to suck that hard.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rose going for a mid 2nd didn't really indicate this, but hopefully true.

D-rock likes this.
  14. sydmill

sydmill Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/ha-Q6Sb50

Houston out: Oladipo, House, and Tucker
    Houston in: Bamba, Precious, Harris and Orlando SRP

Miami out: Precious, Iggy, and Nunn
    Miami in: Oladipo

Orlando out: Bamba and 2021 SRP
    Orlando in: Nunn, House and Denver FRP

Denver out: Harris & 2021 FRP
    Denver in: Iggy & PJ

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

#2735 D-rock, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even if no trade is forthcoming until deadline, sign a big for interim at least.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No, not selling for the sake of selling, you get draft picks. As the person that posted & you re-posted stated, not much in the form of sellers. Buyers, meaning teams aren’t selling their decent players....they just
    want to add ours to theirs.

Meaning Orlando will buy Oladipo rental or House; but they don’t want to give up AG or Mo Bamba for
    our expiring crap.

Tucker is a second round pick at best, but coupled with House prime contract.....maybe we can pry a 1st from
    Boston or Utah or Denver. But Dipo gets us back Fournier from Orlando.....not AG/Mo Bamba.

Why would a supposed contender give up those young potential studs for a rental.....taking two or three steps
    backwards to maybe moving one step forward? Makes no sense.....Dipo or Tucker or House might be chemistry
    problem with Vucevic. At least with AG and Bamba they know what they have. If Bamba doesn’t fit in their
    plans they still want a big catch back in return.

AG/Bamba are meant to catch big fish......not the puny minnows the Rockets are offering. Wouldn’t you want more
    back if you were the Magic. Expiring rental contracts isn’t worth cutting ties with AG and Bamba.

Why does Houston give away expiring contracts for best offer available......because they walk for nothing in free
    agency otherwise. That’s why you take a Reggie Bullock. Expiring contract, age 29, can play SF. Knox has had
    how many coaches since arriving? I use to want him and blamed his coaches, now I see he just doesn’t fit in the
    NBA. At some point it becomes the player and not the coach/system.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Expiring contracts are valuable because of clearing cap space to pursue FA following season.

And Dipo is not just an expiring, he is averaging over 20/5/5. Also 2× All Star.

If Magic are all in to make noise in playoffs then they absolutely would want a player like Dipo.

AG/Bamba are not getting them any player better than Dipo.

AG is currently injured but he will be moved or benched before Isaac returns next season.

And Bamba is not even in Magic regular rotation right now. And he is also an expiring.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We agree that we disagree. When Orlando trades AG or Mo Bamba for chump change, then you can
    say I told you so. Until then I think I have the history of the NBA on my side.

Orlando moves Fournier and Aminu bad contracts and try to better themselves.....not AG.

Bambi used for a big fish like Boston might be desperate enough to give. They have been begging for a big
    for a long time. No Capela, but Bamba price/salary is in their ball park. More than what Houston offers.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

1. I wouldn't call anybody we are shopping "chump change".
    2. So you think Orlando is gonna get Ainge to give them something of value? Lol. Especially for an expiring contract in Bambang.

D-rock likes this.