1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would not move BOTH Dipo and EGo.

Need 1 of them. Prefer EGo honestly.

crenshaw, DCHAMP and 18pbr like this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It just depends on what we would be getting back.

Hypothetically, EG for Harris + _____ means we’re still getting back a playable body. Which I can live with.

That just leaves the Dipo question, who will be easier to move. I’d imagine the mentality going into the trade deadline is not one of desperation. If you can get two playable bodies (+ whatever) in return for Dipo/EG, I am more than okay with that.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets should consider signing Jonah Bolden.

His skillset works for this team.

Switchable on defense, 7-4 wingspan to protect rim, playmaker, can show and go and good 3ball shooter.

Weaver is also familiar with his game.

Another option is Dewayne Dedmon. But this guy has not been signed for some reason.

Dragan Bender is also worth a shot. He can play 5 out but he is not much of a post defender.

jch1911, 18pbr, SRR21 and 1 other person like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Rumors that Mavs might go after Russ which might mean Beal is avail? Maybe Beal wants to reunite with Wall and could put that pressure privately.

5. baller4life315

Due to the Wood injury I’m not responsible for any buzzed 1 AM trade proposals I make. That having been said, does a desperate fringe contender like Denver, that just got punked by the Lakers, do this type of trade:

Gordon/Dipo/House/two FRP (‘21 Detroit + ‘21 Portland)

For

Harris/Barton/Porter Jr.

And, more importantly, do we...?

Porter Jr is obviously the prize. The idea would be to feature him and hope his ascension continues. The talent is certainly there. While Barton and Harris are both playable bodies on contracts that expire after next season. Am I onto something or is time to go to bed? :)

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice try, even if Stone was willing to give any part of his FRP hoard, there is zero chance that Denver is giving up MPJ.

Denver struggled to add him in any Harden trade remember?

And giving up both Dipo and EGo, not to mention House, would kill our defensive rotation.

Neither Harris or Barton can switch like EGo, Dipo, House.

baller4life315 likes this.
  7. baller4life315

I remember. Just trying to pounce on a team that’s desperate to show they’re in the top tier of the West, when they’re so clearly a step below the level of the LA teams (and at least on paper, the Jazz too). This type of trade makes them better in the short-term. Arguably much better.

As for us, I don’t disagree with your defensive concerns (especially with losing EG), but Barton and Harris have always been decent two-way players. Your prototypical 3-and-D players. But I’m thinking beyond this season. Especially, if Wood has to miss extended time. If that’s the case, sadly, the bottom is going to fall out.

And maybe you’re right about Denver deeming him untouchable. That could very well be the case given his potential, but 20 MPG certainly raises some concerns.

D-rock likes this.
  8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

McLemore & Kurcus
    For
    Bamba
    Money works

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great minds think alike!!! :D

10. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I do not know how legit this stat is but John Collins is ranked #1 defensive rating for all power forwards. For the record Clint Capela is number one for centers. So this stat might be misleading but if John Collins is better at defense this year then this might be worth a look.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/6

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is Collins best season too.

What do the Hawks actually need? They seem like a young well rounded team and deep at every spot.

18pbr likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont deal Dipo to 76ers if I'm Stone.

Tilly wouldn't let him anyway.

But if it happens, I want Ben Simmons. Play him like a point center. Imagine him running PnR with Wood or driving and kicking to Wall who has become a dead eye catch and shoot 3baller.

And our defense would be off the chain.

13. ClutchCity9495

All I know with Wood getting injured and us needing a big, we don't have room on the roster and tough just flat out cut someone, so a 2 for 1 makes the most sense to get a big in here that fits Silas system. Also we need to stop screwing around, and if do a 2 for 1 can open up signing M. Jones regular contract. Don't screw around like we did with House. Also don't let him drive his value up, get it now why can still get him decent bargain. With Wall and Oladipo needing time off during back to backs, Jones has a role for us.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow, just watched replay of 76ers vs. Blazers and Philly was destroyed.

Philly was without Simmons but Portland did not have Dame or CJ.

I can see why they'd be interested in a 2 way player like Dipo who also averages 20+.

Philly struggles vs. elite perimeter shooting teams. Nets would annihilate them, even with Simmons.

Philly needs at least 2 more perimeter defenders that are not liabilities from 3 (like Thybulle this season) or are able to create their own offense (Dipo). Heck even Seth was struggling from 3.

What would they REALISTICALLY give up for both PJ and Dipo?

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boucher is thinner than a rail and already 28, but he's finally figured out how to maximize himself in NBA.

This is what I envisioned for Bruno who is actually still only 25, like Wood.

Another guy who is similarly built and similar length is Ray Spalding who we just re-signed back to Vipers.

#2575 D-rock, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would only consider moving House in package for an upgrade in starting 5.

His role coming off the bench is the best use for him.

Excellent value to production if not a starter. As long as he stops thinking he's a playmaker, those TO's are adding up.

jch1911 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I only do this deal if Rockets re-route RJ Barrett + BMac + Kurucs to ORL for AG + Bamba.

And Rockets keep the Mavs FRP.

ROCK3TM4N, luckyman76 and 18pbr like this.
  19. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

ROCK3TM4N and D-rock like this.
  20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

D-rock likes this.