1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone and CF needs to heed this and take it to heart.

fattz likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

As I was reading up on the Hawks, Im getting the distinct feeling that John Collins is not getting traded.

He is their small ball 5 and starting 4. He works extraordinarily well with both Clint and Gallo.

And Trae loves playing with him.

saleem likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

And I prefer DefRtg over Raptor.

18pbr likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree, but the reason why a 1st was attached to Capela for Ro- Co was ongoing planter fasciitis.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

76ers covet Dipo, for good reason.

https://thesixersense.com/2021/01/22/philadelphia-76ers-4-reasons-trade-victor-oladipo/amp/1/

Feb 2 Trade:
    https://tradenba.com/trades/fUqJIejnp

PHI: Oladipo, House, McLemore, Exum
    HOU: Simmons, Thybulle, Korkmaz

EGo
    Thybulle
    Tucker
    Simmons
    Wood

*Lockdown D starting 5 with enough spacing and corner shooting.
    *Wall, Tate, Brown, Nwaba, Boogie/KJ would be vicious 2nd unit, offensively & defensively.
    *EGo and Tucker still valuable commodities at trade deadline.

fattz likes this.
  6. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I thought the first went to Denver to dump nene and the mayor.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another team that needs more scoring.

https://tradenba.com/trades/VhEmf908i

ORL: Victor Oladipo
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba

*Trade BMac to Magic for SRP

6'4 Wall/6'4 Porter
    6'3 EGo/6'5 Brown
    6'5 Tucker/6'5 Nwaba/6'6 House
    6'8 AG/6'4 Tate/6'6 KJ
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Cousins/7'0 Bamba

jch1911 and fattz like this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I wonder what it would take to get Bjelica. 32 yo, 6'11", very strong 3-point shooter who has fallen out of favor on the Kings and is going games without seeing the floor now as he doesn't fit well with Fox on the court. He's on an expiring contract but would fill a void we have on this team and give us a 4/5 who can stretch the floor and I can't imagine would require much to get at this point.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

here you go. Rockets get Kings first round pick and Haliburton plus expiring for Dipo. Doubt Kings would do it.

https://tradenba.com/trades/PZGUPQrZz

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Haliburton is the least likely King to get traded imp. Could be their best player in a year or 2.
    Great idea though!

fattz and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bjelica is stretch 4 but a luxury for Rockets IMO.

He does nothing to upgrade the defense especially to back stop or improve Wood efficiency on D.

jch1911, MrButtocks and saleem like this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

As a team in asset accumulation/player development mode, you don’t make moves that help you in the short term but don’t serve a long term purpose.

That’s why I’m against Aaron Gordon, Zach Lavine and other similar moves. If Orlando want to do a straight up swap of Gordon for Gordon, fine, but I’m not attaching draft assets.

There are 3 types of trades we should consider right now:

1) Asset acquisition - this can either be via taking back a bad contract or trading a win now piece.

2) Reclamation - take a player underperforming their contract or draft position and try to rebuild them. Porter Jr. is an example.

3) Asset consolidation - trading 2-3 future pieces for a better future piece. The original Harden deal.

Deuce, Corrosion, larsv8 and 2 others like this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

4) The Wall contract - $44M and $47M over the next two seasons. We’re all rooting for him, but it’s going to take a tremendous turnaround (and positive media blitz) to repair his trade value to the point where we can do what OKC did last year with Paul.

But that contract is a problem. Top 5 money for a player that’s far removed from the top 5 player conversation. Stone did the best he could with the Westbrook catastrophe, but I would strongly consider a Wall/Blake based swap to get out of the final year of Wall’s deal.

Wall is the better player and still has burst (unlike Blake). That might be our best option for moving Wall in a positive trade value scenario.

fattz likes this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Wall is a contract I would sit on. We aren’t competing for a championship either this year or next year. If you are concerned about that 3rd year player option (2022-2023 season), there’s at least 2 ways that it can still serve you...a huge expiring to trade for an unhappy star or there’s always the chance he turns it down (unlikely). Also, I think having a floor general of his caliber is helpful for developing your young talent.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Aren't you the same one who wanted to trade 4 FRP for Jerami Grant?

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There’s something to be said about leadership, and I’m aware there’s a salary floor. You need contracts on the books (good or bad). I’m still rooting for him, too. Ideally, he stays healthy and fully returns to form.

Just saying, as a team facing a true rebuild, I’d be very surprised if the intention is to hang onto Wall for the duration of his contract (note: intention vs. accepting reality of him being essentially unmovable).

Above all else, I agree with the general principle of not surrendering future draft assets unnecessarily. I wouldn’t sign off on a move where we dump picks just to move Wall alone.

Corrosion and finsraider like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

with Harden, sure. Without Harden, only if you see him as a top 10 player. Otherwise no. It would have to make sense on other dimensions to make a deal.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I got a good one
    OUT
    rockets Tillman Fertitta

IN
    FA Elon Musk

Corrosion and Shark44 like this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah. I think we are on the same page. If next year a team pops up and offers a bunch of expirings for Wall, I’d probably do it.

The main point is just that no trade should be focused on getting win now players on win now contracts. That doesn’t mean you tank. I don’t think we should tank. But I think you can make deals that improve the long term potential of this team that can also keep you competitive.

BallaDoc likes this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Love Elon and the Rockets are the perfect match for SpaceX. This would be a dream come true and if we could make it a 3-way and have him buy the Texans as well that would be awesome!