1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I don’t think the Rockets trade Harden to the West. Especially not the Warriors, if they trade him it’s going to be a to a team like the 76ers for Simmons/Embiid or to the Heat for guys like Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kelly Olynyk, and Kendrick Nunn and picks.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

K Love makes NO sense at all. Aldridge would be all right, but SAS probably won’t trade him to Houston.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well, not meant to be suuuuper realistic but it’s possible. Mostly because gsw has #2 and heat don’t.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Is this really that strong of a draft? Do we want Lamelo Ball or James Wiseman? I’m not so sure.

D-rock likes this.
  5. BobbySura69

BobbySura69 Member

I would trade Eric Gordon for a bag of skittles just to never have to see this face again

[​IMG]

or his miserable turnovers.

#1785 BobbySura69, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Corrosion, Rudyc281 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This would save rockets all sorts of money and get Embiid. Rockets then would sign Ibaka to 3 year deal. and fill out the roster, whatever money they have left. Are the heat willing to pay thou to take in Hartford and Westbrook. They are not bad players to spend your money on plus you are getting 2nd rounders to take them on. Heat has all sorts of expiring money.....

#1787 Le$$, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  8. Asian Sensation

That Heat package sounds great and all but Jimmy Buckets don’t wanna play with no bum ass like Harden. If he wanted to stand around and watch Harden dribble the life out of the ball he would’ve came here last year.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

What I posted is merely an example my guy. And what I meant by suuuuper not serious was...

That this team could flip the script in one offseason. Fit the pieces around that you prefer, they’re not really the point so much as how even though we seem wrecked things could look drastically different very quickly.

The way Tillman is taking a hatchet to this organization, it may need to be done at some point.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m not so sure. I just don’t think he wanted to come to Houston. He prefers Miami.

11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

According to Marc Berman of The New York Post, an NBA executive expressed the belief that Houston will not keep Harden and Westbrook together— resulting in Westbrook being the one the Rockets trade.

“I can’t imagine they are keeping Harden and Russ together,’’ one NBA executive said. “Russ excels best as the best player on a team and Harden needs outside shooters around him – not a ball-dominant guard. I think Russ will be the one traded.’’

D-rock, Rudyc281 and Dankstronaut like this.
  12. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You're a cancer.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Gosh, it seems obvious but also comes across as surreal to read. I feel like an astronaut who just realized the oxygen tethers were severed five minutes ago and time has already been running out.

I can live with the NYK package. What version do you consider best or realistic? Would Randle, Barrett, Knox and #8 be asking too much?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Asian Sensation

Time to update that avatar soon buddeh.

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You needed to update the team you followed after Lin was jettisoned.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Asian Sensation

Been here way before Lin was ever around. Try harder without the race baiting.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m not so sure they would give us Barrett. Maybe Payton, Ellington, Randle, and Smith Jr. plus two firsts? I think Tilman would do it because Smith, Ellington, and Payton’s contracts are about to expire.

Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I think I would do it as long as #8 is coming but so many guards! On a team already guard heavy.

Would Cleveland s&t Drummond to us and the #5 for Westbrook? https://tradenba.com/trades/TA265KiIY Looking at Avdija or Okoro to fill SF

Harden, Exum, Clemons, (Rivers PO)
    Gordon, McLemore, Nwaba
    Avdija/Okoro, House
    Covington, Tucker, Moute
    Drummond, Caboclo

lloyde8 likes this.
  19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah but if we can move Gordon for Turner or Bamba in a separate deal, I think it would be ideal. Harden needs to be surrounded by shooters. One of Morey’s biggest failures here as a GM imho was never bringing in guys like Belinelli, Morrow, Reddick, etc.

20. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

I really like Avdija also