1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Agreed no matter what bra bra said, doing all of this to get rid of Paul George wont net you a good return imo. But Im wondering who you could trade PG for that would get you another star in return?

treyk3 likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There are very few stars worth that package in the NBA for the Rockets. Paul George would be at the bottom of the list for that package.

Kawhi, AD, Jokic, Giannis, Jimmy Butler, LeBron, Zion, Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Luka, Durant, Curry, Thompson, Embiid.

That's probably it. I can't see anyone on that list being available.

saleem and HP3 like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How about a star name? (*cough* Westbrook *cough*)

* - Not a Covid cough.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Kawhi should be the target if Russ is going to LA. Russ and PG want to play together. I'd give Russ and whoever else they wanted to have Kawhi and James on one team.

fattz, D-rock, Rudyc281 and 1 other person like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Hi, Daryl, how can I help you?"
    "I thought maybe you could reunite Russ with Paul George, send us Kawhi, what do you---"
    (big click)
    "---say?"

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Russ
    James
    PG
    ?
    Ibaka???

And don’t worry about filling out the rest of the roster with minimum guys.

Look at the lakers.

D-rock likes this.
  7. rockets13champs

So hear me out.

I’m all in on signing Stephen Silas and keeping Elston Turner as the Defensive coordinator.

that way we have solid offense/defense.

then what we do text is we have to look for a Dallas style team but with obviously better players.

so first we look for a package for EG.

possibly we can look to get younger:

EG to Minny for the BKN pick, jarret Culver, Layman. We add to our depth and get Precious Achiwua or Patrick Williams

after this we trade House and a 2nd round pick for Mo Bamba

We could turn this into a 3 team trade and even get back a TPE for 4.7 million.

so at this time after the draft and a possible 3 team trade we end up with more depth and get younger.

bamba/ Patrick Williams
    PJ Tucker/ Jeff Green/ Layman
    Covington/ Culver/ Nwaba
    Harden/ Gerald Green
    Russ/ Jeff Teague?? / Isiah Thomas at NG training camp deal if he adds scoring to bench that would be amazing.

now with my rookie pick:

Patrick Williams is my favorite of the two. Looks physical as hell. Still allows us to play small. And 5 out but can rim run as well

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Culver, in terms of value, is probably worth EG by himself...or close to it.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Trade a bunch of role players and a couple picks to the Clips for a star?

It’s worked in the past but I don’t think it will work this time.

I think it would be more realistic for the Clippers to send out a lot of their role players for a third star. IMO they need a floor general PG. I don’t think that CP3 is going back to LA but they need that kind of third star.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  10. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG is best playing 4, same position as Siakam. Ibaka is a 4 and so is up and coming Chris Boucher. Raptors really need a volume scorer.

Knicks want an established All Star. That's not AG, who is best as 2nd or better yet, 3rd option.

Besides, the 4 spot is loaded on the Knicks - young players (like AG) AND vets.

Randle, Knox, Gibson, Portis, Harkless, Ignas.

Like Raptors, Knicks need a #1 scorer.

That's not AG.

And who on Raptors and Knicks would Orlando want in return?

Magic want a prolific 3-D scorer. They need more spacers and 3 point shooting.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I could see the Magic wanting the best picks available for AG instead of a vet PG/SG on a short contract. I think that what makes the most business sense for Orlando would be to trade AG and Vuc for picks, build around Fultz/Isaac/Bamba and try their best to stay in the playoffs while they build around those players. It’s a very similar situation as the Rockets pre-Harden.

Knicks will take best player available Via trade and I doubt that they care about picks or team fit at this point. They just need attractive talent in whatever way they can get it.

Ibaka and Gasol are free agents and the Raptors could look ok to start a quick rebuild. AG, Siakam and Boucher could be a very good 4/5 rotation.

Minny could trade the #1 overall for him if the Suns don’t bite. They can build around DLo//Beasley/AG/KAT.

13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Anybody else thinks Caris Levert would fit perfectly here? He can do a little bit of everything.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Absolutely.

Maybe they'd bite for PJ and a FRP, if the Rockets don't want to pay for PJ. I'm sure KD would love his friend to join the squad.

https://tradenba.com/trades/r-F7XYH-1

Russ / Frazier
    Harden / Nwaba
    LeVert / House
    RoCo / Carroll or Green
    Allen/Bruno

That looks pretty solid. Tilman saves money. The Rockets get younger. The Nets get players that are more complimentary to their three main guys.

Kyrie / Dinwiddie
    Eric / Harris
    KD
    PJ / Prince
    DJ

Looks like a good place to start and is a better team for both sides. The Nets don't have a need for youth, they have a three year window and Allen getting max or close to max money soon isn't going to fit into their plans. The Rockets lose two great defenders but get two guys with something the team hasn't had in years, rotation players under contract with youth on their side.

#1734 treyk3, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    fattz and Dankstronaut like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Trying something here...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5g3w8dr

I’m not sure if every team isn’t better, although I’m not sure how much help we all want to give each other. CP reuniting with Doc and PJ. Maybe Rivers will opt out and go East for the party. Okc gets a future piece in Simmons and a veteran shooter with him in the backcourt (EG). Simmons/Adams PnR is truly going to be some thunder coming down the lane. I don’t see much need to involve picks either, which is good.

Russ, Clemons, (Rivers PO or 2-way contract)
    Harden, McLemore, (GGreen PO as far as I’m concerned)
    House, Dort, Nwaba
    Covington, Scott, Caboclo
    Horford, (JGreen), (Hartenstein)

Finch for head coach?

Idk, just a spitball. Seeing if it will stick.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have been following Magic and it's very doubtful that Magic are pursuing even more young players/picks. They want guys that can play and produce at All Star/near All Star levels.

They need to move the needle NOW not 3-5 years from now.

Look at some of the trade proposals in link below.

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2020/...e-targets-aaron-gordon-trade-scenarios/amp/6/

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-viewing-david-nwaba-as-key-rotational-piece/

Adding him last year as a flier was evidence that the team thought highly of him. In any future rotations post trade, keep Nwaba slotted in as the backup 2/3. It opens up a lot of freedom in trading Eric and/or House for other pieces. Don't forget that RoCo is a 3/4 and PJ is more of a 4 than a 5. If the team hires Kenny Atkinson a lot of guys like Nwaba and Bruno and maybe even Anthony Bennett are going to get a fair shot to earn a rotation spot on this team.

Rudyc281, fattz, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

One reason why Robert Covington should not be part of any trade packages.

Rudyc281 and Little Bit like this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We gotta stop acting like we’re so smart, and insisting on what value a certain player brings

There is no fix right now. It’s not the end of the world cuz we have one of the best players in the game and another star in Westbrook, cool as f u ck.

But there was no right piece on this roster. This dude had these good games or that dude is doing this with numbers.

We avoided losing in the first round in the final seconds against a squad relying on rookies and sophomores. And we got trashed by the Lakers, meaning we were nowhere close to a chip. So even if a role player did what he was suppose to do or exceeded expectation, it’s obviously not good enough. No one is that important to our team unless you want our team to be middle of the pack. Harden is the exception because he’s earned it and relevancy. Westbrook is also the exception cuz well, he ain’t going anywhere.

Tristan_fiore, Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  20. rockets13champs

What u mean don’t look at the lakers rondo Dwight javale all have one elite talent even if there washed they just need to bring that 1 talent whether it’s rebounding for Dwight, play maker for rondo and the lakers win. Everyone has to play their roles to win a chip. Miami and Lakers making salty as hell for losing to gsw all those years