1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You are obvious GSW fan.

2. dmoneybangbang

Still a pipe dream in my opinion, but I think Philly and Magic are the best suitors.

Vuc+ Fultz unfortunately seems more realistic.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

A potential move is to try and get Dinwiddie from the nets . I haven’t been keeping up with his game but it looks like he will be a FA the year after . Nets might want to trade him now to more effectively build around Kyrie and KD.

One potential trade is Danuel house , Ben maclemore (and apparently Luc) To the nets for spencer . Luc I assume has a GM friendly contract .. and with maclemore and house you get guys who have proven they can shoot it a bit . Good value contracts .

don’t know if it’s realistic . Then we can move Gordon for a frontcourt player with more piece of mind .. or keep him and focus all remaining efforts on shots at the 4/5

DM'sVP likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

PHX: Russell Westbrook
    ORL: Eric Gordon, Danuel House
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Kelly Oubre Jr, Ricky Rubio

Harden
    Oubre
    PJ
    RoCo
    AG

Rubio, Nwaba, Green, McLemore first off the bench.

DM'sVP likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If you are looking at sending Eric to Orlando I think the most realistic package that would actually help us is centered around Mo Bamba.

Bamba + AFA

https://tradenba.com/trades/TAic98Iu1

or Bamba + Terrence Ross.

https://tradenba.com/trades/alXbq8XMj

It gives the team more versatility but we definitely don't get the best player in either deal.

Russ
    Harden / Ben MC
    House / Nwaba
    RoCo/ Ross or AFA
    PJ / Bamba/Bruno

We would be pretty set with either trade at the 3/4/5 rotation but would need another guard or two to come in FA. DJ Augustin maybe a nice plug and play sixth man.

catarax05 and D-rock like this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Perhaps you are right that Orlando wants Oladipo back. I just have a hard time believing that’s the case.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Assuming we build around Harden/Westbrook/Covington/Tucker

Id want to use Bmac. Hope is to call him man #9 in rotation. And I want Tucker off the bench and playing less. And we need one 7 footer that can play D and hit a jumper. Retain Jeff Green.

Corrosion and raining threes like this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Gordon for Dinwiddie and Temple

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would start Ross over House. But this could work too.

Russ/McLemore
    Harden/House
    Ross/Nwaba
    RoCo/PJ
    Bamba/Green/Bruno

Would still try and trade House, cannot imagine going into another postseason with him.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Westbrook & FRP
    For
    Gordon, Ross, Bamba

Magic turns parts into an all star, leader, & team identity PLUS a FRP

We get to keep Eric Gordon instead of selling him on the clearance rack. Round out the roster with some size, versatility and Defensively minded players. Ross can shoot a little as the 6th man We get bigger and the new coach will have a chance at success with a new look.

Harden, E Gordon, House, RoCo, A Gordon(small) or Bamba (Traditional)

#1390 fattz, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  11. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Oubre might be available because I don’t think the Suns want to pay him next off-season. They might like a deal with House as he is a more cost-controlled wing. You’d probably have to include PJ though and that’s tough

Deuce, Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Gordon + House for Oubre is probably fair. Phoenix tried to sign Gordon and they were matched by New Orleans when he was a FA. So he has interest in playing in the city to say the least.

We would save money (Tilman special)

sign a big using the MLE or get some cheaper bigs. sign a vet to run back up point.

Russ / DJ Augustin
    Harden / McLeMore
    Oubre / Nwaba
    RoCo / PJ
    Ibaka / Bruno

a little bit thin but the core 7 is very very strong in Russ/ DJ/Harden/Oubre/Roco/PJ/Ibaka

Deuce likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Ross is a better player and more of an offensive threat so featuring him make the most of his potential. House can just be the role player he is.

D-rock likes this.
  14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That roster looks like another second round exit, but at least you get some flexiblity to make a move the following year.

catarax05 likes this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

More and more i see How the rockets could take on Al Hartford huge contract just for the sake of getting a center who could space the floor

https://www.theringer.com/2017/5/10...boston-celtics-rise-of-stretch-5-68cc1067e83f

Sixers need shooters so it makes since. Tucker, Eric Gordon, House for Hartford and Richardson.

This changes up the lineup where houston has a pretty solid lineup and Rebounding center again who can space the floor. Richardson is younger version of eric gordon.

16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The point is that the Suns are trying to save cap space in the future, that’s why they aren’t going to pay Oubre. Adding Eric Gordon doesn’t help them

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think they will want to be flexible. I think Oubre expiring makes that more difficult. Eric will average numbers in Phoenix that will hurt all of us especially with the voodoo they do in their health department. 20 + points. Everyone seems to do better when they leave lately. Eric Gordon can be used as a trade chip down the line to pair up a star next to Booker if Ayton isn't the right choice. Also, Oubre is likely getting maxed and will cost a lot more than Eric.

edit: it appears as if they want to get FVV.

Eric to a third team is more likely in that case. I'm going to figure something out give me a minute.
    there are actually a few teams with space to just absorb Eric.

It's also legal that we could get Christian Wood and Oubre in one trade with Eric to Detroit with a pick and House to Phoenix if Wood wanted $14 million and the Pistons didn't want to give him that and the Suns wanted to clear space for FVV.

#1397 treyk3, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Keep seeing these articles about possibly moving Westbrook for Blake Griffin. Not sure I would do that trade. Other one I just saw was to trade WB to Indiana

Pacers Receive: Westbrook, Covington

Rockets Receive: Doug McDermott, Myles Turner, Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb, and a 2021 Lottery protected 1st round pick.

I don’t think that’s a realistic trade but if they can get that offer on the table...I’m taking it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need to stop getting older IMO.

EGo is younger and at least as good as Horford, if not better. Not sure how much improvement this trade would be.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think Houston cannot contend with what we have. There is a need to reload, but we have no assets to improve. A 3 way random trade to accumulate some assets and stay "in the frame"

HOU receives
    Blake Griffin + pick/s
    Al Horford + Josh Richardson + pick/s (possibly, could live without)

PHI receives
    PJ Tucker
    Eric Gordon

DET receives
    Russ Westbrook

Ok. So it is a random trade.

Why?
    Detroit:
    This seems obvious. They ditch Griffins horrible deal and get a PG who can make their young talent shine. They will make the playoffs and can offer Wood the starting PF spot.
    No brainer here to give up a few first rounders to get a bona-fide star.
    Losing Griffin is negligible for them.

Philly:
    The playoffs issue and shooting.
    Philly need some guys who can step up their game in the playoffs. Gordon shooting woes this year aside, he has consistently improved in the playoffs, year after year.
    PJ is a true warrior. Will hit the corner 3 and defend his backside off.
    A couple of great vets to go alongside their core of Embiid and Simmons and Harris who will not require the ball, will defend, and add tremendous value.
    Losing Richardson would be hard, however they get a scorer back in Gordon who might be better fit next to Simmons because Gordon can guard the opposition PG.
    Giving up picks to ditch Horford, while bringing in tough vets, would be no problem. They want to play Pelle more anyway.

Hou:
    The need to rebuild and find some size, accumulate assets and be able to trade for a star if the opportunity provides it.
    Rockets trade their 40mill backup PG to just about the only scenario they could hope to gain picks in return.
    Losing Tucker hurts, but they need to reload, which may take a year, and Tucker may be a bit long in the tooth to start as a 6'5 C in 2021/22.

Improves the team athletically and retains the 3 point shooting mandate. Griffin may be washed and overpaid, but with Harden and Richardson providing the scoring punch, his ability as a playmaker at the 4 spot could be better value than one first thinks.
    A starting lineup which will be competitive, with assets to improve, and contracts to match a potential deal.

Harden// Rivers
    Richardson // McLemore
    Covington // House
    Griffin // Green
    Horford// Hartenstein

Why it would never happen:
    Among reasons, chiefly is that it involves taking on more salary. Tilly says lol.