1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Uh-oh. Cue @Plowman and @DaDakota fighting for the chance to adopt D-Mo again. If D-Mo still owns a home here, he and his other half will come driving home at night and see two middle-aged white guys lying on the front lawn.
    "Mo, are they dead?"
    "Honey, come on. They're in sleeping bags. Hey! Hey! Get up or I call the cops!"

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

• Aaron Gordon deal? “One team that makes sense for Gordon is Minnesota, which called Orlando about Gordon this season, according to league sources. It’s unclear what precisely was offered, but Minnesota is shopping Robert Covington.”
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/15/21068072/rumormonger-nba-2020-trade-deadline

Maybe we can get in on this and get Gordon to Minny and Covington here somehow. Problem with this is I don't see Orlando going wild for Capela with Vuc and Bamba there.

https://tradenba.com/trades/2kuFvou3i

Three first round picks for Gordon and for taking on Dieng's contract. The magic kind of have a glut of underperforming guys and it may help to get rid of Gordon's contract. Maybe House would go to them instead of Minnesota.

He'd be a good fit but is this for sure?

https://tradenba.com/trades/BCqMyI5Wl

This would be incredibly fun. Rui is one of my favorite players in the NBA outside of Houston and Tilman could make money off of Japan, a country that would be a blast to see becoming an influence on the franchise.

#1082 treyk3, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. omgTHEpotential

Yes, all foreign CBA players have been allowed to leave, so it's not just DMo who became available. Here are the others:

Jeremy Lin / Ekpe Udoh
    Kyle Fogg / Jason Thompson
    Pooh Jeter / Dante Cunningham
    MarShon Brooks / Sonny Weems
    Keifer Sykes / Andrew Nicholson
    Jonathan Gibson / Miroslav Raduljica
    Dominique Jones / Eli Holman
    Lance Stephenson / Brandon Bass
    Joe Young / Guerschon Yabusele
    Darius Adams / Dakari Johnson
    Lester Hudson / James Mays
    Ray McCallum Jr / Donatas Motiejunas
    Jamaal Franklin / Eric Moreland
    Dwight Buycks / Jarell Martin
    Courtney Fortson / Tyler Hansbrough
    Chasson Randle / Marko Todorovic
    Kay Felder / Eric Mika
    Marcus Denmon / Sylven Landesberg
    Dez Wells /Miles Plumlee

D-rock, Vivi and treyk3 like this.
  4. TheSource

TheSource Member

“The Hawks are among several teams expressing interest in Rockets center Clint Capela, according to sources. Houston has received several calls on Capela, but is said to be unlikely to move him barring an overwhelming offer.” - Shams Charania

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Also said folks are asking about Collins. Not sure why Atlanta would move him but if they want to put Collins on the table in a package that gets Capela back.... I’m listening.

joshuaao and Vivi like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hunter, Len and Brooklyn FRP is the package Morey should get.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hunter should be perfect for us, Len sucks though...but yeah, Atlanta also have a 1st rounder from Brooklyn which is an ok pick acutally.

I just don't see them moving Hunter after they drafted him at the 4 with the first pick they had in the draft, that means they really like him.

Yeah, that makes literally no sense to me, the guy is really good on both ends, still in rookie scale, why would they trade him? I just don't see it.

joshuaao and treyk3 like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hey f it. Let's get both. Trae Young is a weasel and wants the team to improve now. They are going to give him power.

https://tradenba.com/trades/84QYRIGvk

Vivi likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...der-for-justin-patton-to-clear-a-roster-spot/

With Clint still gimpy and Tyson not providing much help, Rockets should sign Patton when he is released by Mavs.

Former 16th overall pick in 2017. Legit 6'10 with 7'3 wingspan, athletic roller, shot blocker & rim runner who shot 53% from 3 in G League.

Excellent court vision and passer.

fattz and treyk3 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Find a way to bring in both AG and Covington. Capela multi team trade for AG plus Tucker and 2 FRP outgoing to Minny for Covington.

Need both, greedy that way.

11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sx9qbu6

This works but.. eh.. a bit underwhelming. Alex Len and Covington for Clint? Not sure the Magic do it, but if they want to rebuild and get something for Vuce too ‍♂️ Fultz, Hunter, Isaac and Bamba is an interesting future...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Afterall, dreaming costs nothing right? :D

https://tradenba.com/trades/ZF1ZwJJvu

:eek::D

Maybe try to save a couple of second rounders in order to get a center, but honestly, i think i'd do a similar trade in a heartbeat, that would give us two young players with good to great potential under control for at least 7/8 years so, i wouldn't really care about those future picks in this scenario, it's not even guaranteed you would get a better player then Collins with a n.1 pick

treyk3 likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Four team deals are complex but I think that's some what realistic. Saves tilman Money and doesn't make us significantly worse . Maybe send Bamba here as well to make our return a little better.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Len ****ing sucks bro, don't get excited about him cause he had some decent games with Atlanta, they're a bad team, nobody plays defense against them etc...it happens to a lot of guys to be able to put up better numbers then usual when they play on tanking teams, there's a reason for that. Len is still a no defense foul machine player after like what? 5/6 years he has been in the league...he's not a guy you want to play in a contender.

Grizzlyshark and D-rock like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think y’all overrate Covington’s potential impact. Definitely nice to have but at what cost?

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Cross post but how about this.

https://tradenba.com/trades/YNgv_UGc2

We get 2 long wings.

Small ball lineup

Russ/Harden/Covington/Hunter/Tucker

Separate trade for a traditional big man using a TPE and a second rounder.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, i was absolutely mad at Daryl when he cut Rob to keep Garcia cause i liked Covington from the first time i saw him in his first summer league, he literally looked like a younger (longer but less explosive tbf) Ariza out there so, i know how good the player is, but to think he would be our savior, even only specifically for our defense, is just being delusional, imo at least.

This team needs to become a team again, that plays 5 on 5 consistently out there, like it happened a coulpe of years ago. You could literally have the best defensive 3 ever out there, but if Harden walks around and Westbrook turns into Brewer in one half of the plays, you'll never have a good team defense.

D-rock likes this.
  18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Sacramento kings have 3 Small Forwards on their roster. Kent Bazemore, Harrison Barnes, and Bogdan Bogdanović.
    They're all available for a trade. If we can get one of them they will improve the Rockets. The Rockets should trade Clint Capela, Danuel House, and maybe a first round pick for one of them. That probably will make it work. The only players the Rockets should not trade is Harden, Westbrook, PJ Tucker, and Gordon.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does Buddy Hield's contract work?

I'm seeing 5 million this year, than a fat extension that starts next year. Can he be had for 5 million right now?

@BimaThug

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why would you trade Capela and picks/players for Bazemore or Barnes? That makes no sense, it's like moving Harden and assets in order to get back Horford or Aldridge.

Bogdanovic is good, but he's expiring, looking to start and get paid, if you are willing to bet we're going to start him next to Harden and Westbrook, and pay him around 20M or more this summer, then sure, might be a good move, maybe.

D-rock likes this.