1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/4fcwc3Nzp

Rivers is a great player who needs more play time.

The 6ers have a big hole at PG and he could be a serious rotation boost for them.

Thybulle has DPOY potential, is under team control for a long time and has the length and three point shot to be a staple for the years to come.

I'm not sure the 6ers do it but Rivers is a really good player who just is a bit redundant here.

The 6ers seem pretty flush with long athletic players and pretty slim on play making guards.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  2. sogood.

sogood. Member

Sixers definitely won’t make that trade. Dude is prime Andre Roberson with a 3 point shot.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Thybulle, but unfortunately so do the 6ers. Why do you believe 6ers would trade a player they love and just drafted for a backup point?

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/1...defense-stats-highlights-numbers-philadelphia

Do you have any inside info from Philly? Is Thybulle knee injury more serious than originally thought. Trey Burke is backup PG and starting SG now, contract was just guaranteed so not seeing that need for Rivers unless Burke is regarded as better starter than Thybulle?

Thybulle is same size (6'5) as Raja Bell but his play reminds me more of a smaller Covington, same active hands and off ball instincts - gets lots of steals and blocked shots.

treyk3 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nah, I don't have any inside information on any teams.

It's unlikely, I agree, but crazier things have happened. The 6ers have a real shot to come out of the east this year and I honestly think Rivers helps them more than Thybulle as constructed and I think the Rockets have a real shot to come out of the west and I honestly think Thybulle helps us now more than Rivers. Thybulle is definitely the better asset and that's why I suggest adding a first rounder and a second rounder. Thybulle isn't playing big minutes even when he's healthy and he cannot be asked to run the point.

They need to move Simmons to the 4 and utilize him to his strengths. Even with trading Thybulle their 5 best players should be playing the 3/4/5. And if you look even closer their four best players belong at the 4/5. Their roster is an overloaded talented mess. Rivers would actually fit in perfectly with their current makeup but Horford or Harris need to be traded too in the long run.

Rivers
    Richardson
    Harris
    Simmons / Horford
    Embiid

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  5. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

raining threes and clutchdabear like this.
  7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very interesting, Bertrans & Morris. But Bryant is a stiff, no perimeter D at all. Long as heck and can rim run except lateral agility sucks. Defense becomes worse IMO.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

How about Holmes?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t8o3437

Defense wouldn't be elite but our offense would go to another level.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still not loving it. Rockets give up Capela and FRP, for Bertrans and Holmes. Not enough of needle mover IMO.

BaselineFade and Corrosion like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I know Capela is pretty much the only asset the team has .... and they do have a huge need at the 3 - 4 spot but I just cant believe people would give Capela away for some of these packages .... he's very under appreciated here.

dmoneybangbang and withmustard like this.
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I've been playing with the trade machine for a while trying to figure out how to get Bertans.

WSH gets Rose and Harty
    HOU get Bertans and Keef
    DET gets PJ Tucker and Clemons

Rose helps replace Wall in WSH, and PJ helps replace Griffin in DET. I'd hate to give up Clemons and Harty, but neither DET or WSH has any incentive to give up super productive players without some youth coming in. We might have to throw in a second but, this fixes a lot of our problems at the forward spot. I'd rather try to replace Tucker's production than Capela's.

Either this or just throw House, Clemons, Harty and Nene to Washington and keep PJ. I love the thought of having the 1st and 2nd 3 point makers in the league. Almost 30 points a game just on 3's from those 2 players and don't forget Bertans shoots deep creating the floor spacing that allowed Ryno and Gordon to be a big part of the 67 wins.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

You nailed it. People think any 7-footer will just catch lobs and do the same things Capela does. The chemistry Capela has with James alone is irreplaceable with a mid season substitute. Also factor in that Capela pretty much outplays everyone in the west except Draymond Green and I would not want to mess with that. The real concern is Tucker and the SF position. Tucker keeps pulling an Horry in the playoffs and I just can't seem him doing it a 3rd year in a row. It's funny how Hardens game is not designed for the playoffs, but PJ Tucker's game is.

17. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I really hope Detriot or Washington is in our scope of trade deadlines. Why not swing for the fences and try and get Rose and Morris. We could trade Nene, Sefo, House, and Rivers for both. Throw in whatever pick we have left. Then sign couple of vet minimums and roll see what happens.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rose and Keef are not going to improve switch defense. And very unlikely to acquire Rose with that trade package considering his resurgence.

19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

They aren't in the playoff picture and if they stay at this pace I would try and get a trade package going with them. And the switch defense only was a problem with GS. If we have the firepower we could beat anyone.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We can get back Ariza using Sefolosha plus some draft picks with Kings. I think he can more help us on defence and 3 points, he is better than Daniel house. Seems that Daniel house is unable to get over 15 points in every match,get him is more easier than Memphis Iguodua

#640 elmotsang, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    MrSabotage likes this.