1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Two for Mirotic is my guess, probably three for Covington (assuming they're willing to move which i'm not sure it's the case) cause he's not free agent in few months. The problem is that just to dump Knight you lose at least one 1st, but possibly two so...

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know, but Covington and Mirotic are each worth a top 15-20 1st rounder, nothing more than that.

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Id imagine atleast a 1 and 2. Maybe?

Knight is a negative asset.

4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Capella - Cousins
    Paul - Curry
    Harden - Thompson
    Tucker - Green
    ? - Durant
    I feel like we have no answer for Durant defensively.
    Forget the stars
    More depth
    More length
    More shooting
    A defensive stopper

In order to beat GSW starting 5. HOU will have to out depth them. Pressure GSW bench.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

"

Sounds like dude looking for nba team, glad he found his loose tooth!

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Strange cause he's still with Denver, he was cheering on the bench last night.

saleem and izeroi like this.
  7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s go for both of them. The # of picks it will take is the question. To lessen the picks we would have to sweeten the pot. I know this may sound crazy but why not try this as a 3 team deal:

Minny in: Julius Randle, James Ennis 1st rd pick, second round pick
    Minny out: Covington, Saric

Pelicans in: Saric, Knight, Chriss, 2 firsts
    Pelicans out: Randle, Mirotic

Rockets out: Knight, Chriss, Ennis 3 firsts future 2nd
    Rockets in: Covington, Mirotic

If Minny values Randle then I would think a 1st and 2nd would suffice. Randle with Wiggins and Towns can be tough front court to build around for the future.

Pelicans get 2 1sts and Saric as an asset. I think they wait until the summer to trade AD. It seems like that makes more sense for them.

I know 3 firsts is a lot, but at least this would give us a chance.

Rockets are now 9-10 deep and now have the team that could seriously challenge GS. Even with no Butler or AD this team would be scary. Mirotic’s defense can hold up vs second units. We could lessen everyone’s minutes and have a fresh squad ready for May and June. Who says no lol?

CP/Rivers
    Beard/EG/GG
    Covington/EG/House?
    PJ/Mirotic
    Clint/Manimal

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

@BaselineFade there's no way in hell we get back Covington AND Mirotic with 3 1st rounders while we also dump Knight...me are lucky if we get Mirotic for a 1st and 2nd, Hartenstein...Knight is Ryan Anderson.

saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey is not going to give up all his assets (picks) for either Covington and/or Mirotic.

That trade does not move needle enough for the value. Morey always hunts superstar players.

He gets the mid tier/role players at a bargain.

Vivi, saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Just having fun.

Vivi likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed.

D-rock likes this.
  12. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Morey has given away 1st rd pick for teams to take players so he could send out assets to improve this roster this year because our window is closing.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

In all seriousness Morey mentioned on first things first that he expected to be very active toward the trade deadline. He said the wing was his main priority and said they are happy with Faried as a backup 5. Most importantly he mentioned that he would be willing to give up future assets because he does not want to waste the primes of our key players.

That tells me he is going hard after a wing. It seems that no one knows who his primary targets are, or just how many picks he is willing to part with. I think many of us are hopeful that he can pick up a 3 and a 4 but I don’t know how likely that is.

The endless speculation is getting frustrating, with new teams and players being made available every other day it seems like. I’d just like to know who the most realistic possibilities are at this point.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i remember that, my guess is that he has still an eye on Butler, i don't really know if the Sixers have any interest in moving him now or not though, probably not but you never know...but other interesting players are available in that spot, Oubre, Prince are the first names that come to my mind, probably others...regardless, aside for Butler, i think if we can get a good player or one with potential by just moving one 1st rounder, that would be the best outcome for us at this point, let Knight become an expiring so we can easily move in 4 months (maybe for one or two solid bench players) without wasting picks to dump him now.

Overall i don't doubt Morey is really agressive and willing to move all those picks, but if we talk about multiple picks, my guess is that we have to get back an all star caliber player, there's no way we move picks for 5/6 years for a role player. But that's just me.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Correct, the 4 picks was only for Butler. I imagine he will kick the tires on that one again but has multiple other plans. Regardless, he has to do something. We need to stop hemorrhaging from Ryno.

Vivi likes this.
  16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

HOU IN: Butler and Randle
    PHI IN: Davis and Gordon
    NOP IN: Fultz, Knight, Chriss, two FRP from Houston, a valuable pick from Philadelphia and two 2nd round picks from Houston

Thoughts?

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Giving up Assets like that is called mortgaging your future.

Harden needs to play on a full time basis if he tryna be like Lebron!

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Denver plays new Orleans tommorow in new orleans.

Vivi likes this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Delusional :)

fattz, DM'sVP and BaselineFade like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

This would be like the biggest trade ever lol, but i think it's an interesting idea, especially if the SIxers don't expect Butler to resign, cause without moving him of Simmons they don't have enough assets to trade for Davis so, they would need a third team to keep Simmons. That's how i would (like to) see it:

HOU IN: Butler, Mirotic/Randle, Moore

PHI IN: Davis, Gordon, Nene, Ennis

NO IN: Miami 2021 1st (it's unprotected), Phila 2021 1st rounder, Fultz, Muscala, Patton, Rockets 2019 1st rounder, Rockets 2021 1st rounder, Rockets 2023 1st rounder, Rockets 2025 1st rounder, Knight, Chriss

NOLA basically gets six 1st rounders (one unprotected) and Fultz, not sure how much they would like this, but six 1st rounders are a lot of picks, with at least 3 of them being unprotected or around 2023/25 when we should be a super old team so, at least intriguing.

As for the Rockets, they trade four picks to get rid of Knight, swap Gordon with Butler and get one between Mirotic/Randle plus Moore (which would basically take Gordon's spot on the bench).

Capela/Faried
    Mirotic/PJ (i put Mirotic here cause i like him more than Randle as a fit for us)
    Butler/Green
    Harden/Moore
    Paul/Rivers

I mean, sure, we would trade a lot of picks, but that would be one hell of a 10 men rotation...the only thing that i don't really like is that Mirotic and Randle are both free agents this summer so, it's a risk to trade for them, Moore is at least under contract for one more season, just like Gordon. And tbh, there's a chance Mirotic and Randle both get paid around 15/20M next summer, i'm not sure the Rockets would be able to pay them as much so, maybe we could keep one/two picks and leave Mirotic/Randle where they are.

luckyman76 and DM'sVP like this.