1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Gordon for Ariza? That is insane.

whiskeyred, bilaal14 and D-rock like this.
  2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't think they should make a trade this year. There isn't anyone out there who is available. They should just move the rotation line up. When Capela returns, they should play both Kenneth Faried and Capela at front with PJ Tucker at small forward. Move Eric Gordon back to the 6th man role. Have Austin Rivers, Green, Gary Clark, and Brandon Knight as depth. That's not a bad line up. But in case they should make a move the only player out there who is available is Bazemore from the Hawks. But the Rockets will give up too much for him though.

bilaal14 and fattz like this.
  3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I hope Morey already has a deal in place to improve our roster. I don't think a major move is needed but a SF good shooter with length or big pf a of would be nice.

#1303 SRR21, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    whiskeyred and D-rock like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's not insane, that's dumb, and that's why it's not happening :D

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

It’s easy for morey to operate.

Only if its unable to unload knight.

6. fattz

fattz Member

I like your thoughts... small differences, IMO

Chriss and 2nd + cash
    For
    Thon Maker

Maker would adds some size and defense on the cheap plus House is still out there, too. Both smaller doable deals with reward. I see Faried as bench type player giving us another level of play when CC needs to sit. They both are good p&r players and would get in each other’s way.

We are in good shape.

I think coach would do a 9 man rotation through out the season and into the playoffs if had all these trusted choices.

Paul, Harden, House, Tucker & Capela
    Gordon, Faried, Rivers, (Maker/Nene)

(Knight value goes way up next trade deadline as an expiring)

thedude077 and elmotsangtt like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Not much cash left. It needs protected first.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Getting Beal would be insane, in a great way of course.

If Washington moves Beal it definitely means that they're throwing up the white flag completely and will try to reshuffle the deck around a John Wall (yikes).

In this scenario Washington pretty much rid themselves of Beal and his $75 million left on his deal. Jimmy Butler will probably not want to re-sign with the Wizards in the summer so they only have Nene's cap hit left to worry about.
    Philly moves on from the Butler experiment and brings in perimeter scoring in Gordon and some homegrown talent/toughness in Morris.

Houston gets Beal in this transaction but will also lose 2+ 1st Rounders to Washington in the transaction.

Not the greatest of possibilities but man...is it ever intriguing

beals.JPG

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Wizards thought Wall and Beal did not get along, Wall and Butler would set DC on fire.

saleem likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Not much is needed just enough to cover the the difference between their contracts so Milwaukee is not losing money on the deal upfront and they take no contract back for next year. The deal presented makes Thon just disappear. Chriss brings a similar skill set as a place holder for the rest of the season. Why else would they do it?

He is not worth a FRP

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

Gordon and Knight + 4 first round picks.... who’s says no ?

12. tharges

tharges Member

Man it’s gonna take more than that, I think he’s targeting Lakers still thought.

Rox would have to through in Capela I would think to start those talks.

Lakers would have to include Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, and picks

D-rock likes this.
  13. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Capela + Gordon + 2 first round picks for Davis?

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

knight can put in G league to train back his form. He can backup if cp3 injury again.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

NOLA says no, swap Knight with Capela and they might say yes.

That's a lot to trade for though, i mean, not saying we shouldn't but, Capela, Gordon and four 1st rounders...that's really a lot.

If we could eventually get Beal or Butler with Gordon and picks, what's better between:

Davis
    PJ
    House
    Harden
    Paul

Faried
    Ennis
    House
    Green
    Rivers

...and:

Capela
    PJ
    Harden
    Butler/Beal
    Paul

Faried
    Ennis
    House
    Green
    Rivers

?

16. 1 other person

Assuming it'll cost less Firts Rounders: i'll take Jimmy

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know we consider Butler a thing of the past at this point, but i'm still not sure he's going to stay in Philly, i guess they probably won't trade him this season, but if this summer he tells them he's not staying, they should at least consider doing an opt in trade, and with a team in the West with a good guard/wing it makes more sense. If we can get him while keeping Capela and multiple 1st rounders, i don't really know...i mean, Davis is very good and potentially a nightmare matchup for any other team here, but i'm not sure it would be better for us to have just him over Butler, Capela and three/four 1st rounder to use going forward. If we trade those picks in anydeal we would'be literally left without ways to improve the roster.

18. 1 other person

If you get AD/Jimmy/Beal i don't think you're gonna need any other improvement... just keep a first rounder in 2023 or so

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, you might be right but Paul is injury prone, Davis is not exactly durable...thise summer we might very well lose both Faried and Rivers, what if we're left with:

Davis
    PJ
    House (?)
    Harden
    Paul

Hartenstein
    Ennis
    Green

...and the tax MLE?

That's an old team with some injury problems, in tax territory and without picks for 3/4 years, i don't really think it's a great situation.

20. 1 other person

It surely ins't a good situation; but i would trust Morey in picking something good among undrafted or vet mins; and of course, if you want to be a real contender, it's all about CP3 health

Vivi likes this.