1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think a 3rd or 4th team needs to be involved because Rockets need more +6'8 guys who can defend, shoot 3 and defer to Harden/CP3.

Neither Wall or Beal fit this need.

Would need to involve a teams like ORL, MEM, ATL or NYK.

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i'm really warming up to Bullock.

saleem likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does Butler still have an injured wrist?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Apologies if I offended you man. Not my intention.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

This trade exactly, or moving Butler for Houston's picks and EGo?

Curious to know their reasons too, PHI is winning with JB.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. I love the quick release on his 3 point shot, and he is accurate too.

BMoney likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Neither mine. All info is welcome. Great respect for CHI from me too.

DanO 337 likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, @Vivi, but Knight is guaranteed $15.6M in 2019-2020. That's why he's going to be tough to unload this year.

As for people thinking that adding John Wall to our roster somehow helps us, I want some of your weed. That would tie up $111M in salary on just Harden/CP3/Wall next year, and it would escalate for another 2 years after that. Our roster would be Harden the Invincible, CP3 the Awesome and Oft-injured, Wall the Moody Locker Room Guy With Injury Issues of His Own, and a dozen minimum-level players. Unless Tilman wanted to go WAY over the LT with no guarantees that having 3 star guards competing for minutes would get us anywhere.

TL;DR: Wall is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD idea.

#1288 topfive, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i don't see a reason for us to trade for Wall, don't get me wrong, but strange things happened in the nba so, you never know i guess...as for Beal i'd be ok with him, an upgraded Gordon which could move Harden at the 3.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's why i said we would realistically have to trade one/two 1st rounders to Washington regardless, even if they give up on the season there's no way they eat Knight's contract for free. As for Wall yep, i agree with you guys, just like i said to D-Rock, i'm not a fan and don't see a single reason why we should trade for him, let's say i just wouldn't bet everything i have that it's not going to happen cause sometimes incredible things happen, let's put it this way.

saleem and topfive like this.
  11. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

Temple, jamichael green to Houston

For Brandon Knight ennis and frp to Memphis

clutchdabear, Huncho Bean and D-rock like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The principals of Conley to Philly, Butler to Houston, and whatever bag of trash goes to Memphis along with Fultz likely to match salary. The key aspect for Houston's side was the picks. Memphis is rebuilding and will need the picks to unload Parsons. They will not unload their own lottery pick.

The media are quite sure that even though the team is winning now that they have had problems with Embiid and Simmons that weren't there before, Butler doesn't fit and won't stay. He just clashes with the young stars. Does this mean that Philly's FO will pull the trigger before the deadline? I say doubtful but I think they will listen. There is still the General Soreness thing going like Kawhi and now he has a wrist injury that has acted up again.

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Codman ears also heard about the Beal to Houston thing...and was just giving a look at a potential trade, Washington is now 5.7M over the tax line, if they send out Beal for Gordon, Chriss and Nene they almost get out of the tax, Ariza for Knight makes it even closer, at that point they would've just to send out a guy at the minimum like Green and they would be out.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Wizards don't want to deal Beal for Gordon package, it has to be through the 3rd team.
    Lakers are very greedy. They don't even offer one of Ingram, Ball and Kuzma for Beal.

15. Sanity2disChaos

Damn Butler.smh.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

And then next year they can come back with an even worse roster than currently to surround a recovering Wall with.

Trades have to make sense for both sides.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Next year they come back with the exact same roster they have now but with Gordon instead of Beal, a bunch of 1st rounders and a top 5 pick, all of this with also avoiding the luxury tax this season. Not sure why that wouldn't make sense for them.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Morey has to take care of Knight first.

Without Knight, Tilman could have enough cash to sign Rivers, House and KF.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

I like CHI information.
    Gordon for Ariza makes sense. It seems that Wizards owner has more cash to do business,
    but Wall is just too big a contract for Morey to consider. (trade for Wall)
    Wall + Paul + Knight = reach $100 million a year?

#1299 BigBum, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m all for creative ideas and thinking outside the box, but I draw the line at trading for John Wall. Insanity.

luckyman76, Corrosion, D-rock and 2 others like this.