1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Forum "Insider": Houston is on Aldridge's list...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jul 4, 2013.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be a mistake IMO. I like LMA, but I would rather like to see Millsap on a short contract, eg 4 yrs, 32 M along with Asik and Parsons.
    Millsap can be moved if needed in a future trade.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Remember what we had to give up to get Harden in order to gauge a comparable deal for LMA. I don't think the deal can be done without both Asik and Parsons.

Lin + Asik + Parsons + TJones + Future 1st for LMA and Batum

That's TONS of cap tied up in 4 players....Harden, Dwight, LMA, and Batum

or maybe, just maybe...

Asik + Beverley + TJones + 2014 1st + 2016 1st + 2018 1st + 2 2nds

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Can the Rockets and Blazers "cancel" the Robinson trade and instead package Asik + Robinson + dmo ? draft picks for LMA and a second? Is that possible?

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Regardless who you think is better, they are so close that its pointless to argue (even though Asik outplayed Noah twice last season).

If the Blazers are willing to trade LMA to Chi in a deal surrounding Noah then I see no reason why they would not do one surrounding Asik. Plus, Noah counts about 3 million more a season against the cap than Asik.

I have no idea if Lin even remotely interests Portland since they have Lillard but I would trade Asik & Lin for LMA in a heart beat providing we know Howard is coming to the Rockets.

Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Anderson
    Parsons/Cisco (if he resigns)
    LMA/TJones/DMo
    D12/Smith/DMo

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

So? Its not like Aldridge is going to demand a trade. If we do trade for him, they're going to ask for Parsons. I seriously doubt they do any trade unless it involves Parsons.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Parsons is not on the table. The Blazers also have this guy named Batum that's pretty good and plays the same position as Parsons.

7. Chamillionaire

They're asking for Noah and Butler. So you gotta assume, they'd want Asik and Parsons.

We're not trading Parsons, but they'd probably want either DMo or TJones + picks.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Aldridge would be ideal to pair with Harden and Dwight. JSmith is not a bad consolation prize. You also have to consider Dwight and Smith are best friends (along with Courtney Lee, I believe) and that would help with chemistry.

9. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

Why wait for Howard? Couldn't we work this deal so it frees up a few dollars and make Howard MORE attainable?

Asik, Jones or Dmont, White, Cannon, their picks back and a future #1 seems pretty close for Aldridge.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

DMo and TJones ain't gonna get it done. Blazers are trading a "Franchise" player here, and without a trade demand from aldridge, they have the leverage. It's a pipe dream.

11. Chamillionaire

That's a lot to give up. They won't want White either.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

That's the thing, he is better than Josh Smith, but not quite a "franchise" player. Call me crazy, but their real franchise guy is now Lillard. He has a chance to be a stud. The best part about him is he gets better as the game gets closer and closer -- the part when you need your franchise player the most.

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It's not too far-fetched to think of Asik, TJones and a 1st rd pick for Aldridge. Actually, Harden was had for Jeremy Lamb, KMart's contract and a 1st round pick that would be about equal to a late first round this coming draft.

Morey has a habit of getting more out of the two trading partners and Asik is a top 10 center already and is getting better.

14. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

You are not crazy.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Asik, DMo, White and picks for Aldridge would be even better IMO than getting Dwight..that just me tho.

16. dragician

dragician Member

Aldridge or Smith, that's win-win even if we don't get Howard as long as we keep Lin and Asik.

17. Chamillionaire

Sorry. I meant Asik + TJones or DMo + picks.

18. basketballholic

You can't do trades including White unless we acquire Howard through sign-and-trade and stay over the cap. What has to be gone to sign Dwight outright. And if we don't get Dwight there is no way in blue blazes we are trading Asik for LaMarcus and creating a huge hole in our rebounding and rim protection. The only acquisition of LaMarcus using Asik that makes any sense at all is if we have acquired Dwight.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Move Lin for cap-space. Asik/DMo or Jones/picks for LA.

Dwight/LA/Parsons/Harden = championship.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Whew. I can't wait to tell my friends Charles, Marcee and Parcher.

(Beautiful Mind reference).