1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Forum "Insider": Houston is on Aldridge's list...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jul 4, 2013.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Noah is better than Asik, so if Portland is truly interested in trading Aldridge we might have to sweeten the deal. We need some of our young guys to break out next year and really increase their trade value.

2. sergio

sergio Member

There's no shame in dreaming guys. Lol

3. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yeah but what would you expect him to say when he runs into a Rockets fan in Houston?

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly, if POR is willing to trade LMA, then we need to trade Lin to a third team and make it happen.

Portland won't want him because they have Lillard. They do want Asik. They would want another of our PF's. They would want a pick from us. We could reduce what we're asking for in the Robinson trade.

We urgently need to deal Lin for 2-3 cheaper players, at least one of which would be of interest to Portland.

There is a serious chance of getting Howard and LMA if we could get, in exchange for Lin, a backup PG and moderately talented young guy.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Noah > Aldridge .... I can see why Chicago doesn't do it. Aldridge is a jump shooting power forward, that is an all star but not superstar. Noah plays a tougher position and is just too important defensively.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What would Sam Hinke have to offer?

7. landryfans

landryfans Member

Since when an over-paid backup PG worth 2-3 cheaper asset?

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I used to watch Aldridge be injured at UT. I remember thinking what a perfect Rocket he'd make. That jumper is so sweet with it's high release point. He just needs some Icy Hot and he's good to go.

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

After we get Howard we might do Asik, Jones and a pick for Aldridge - Aldridge as e third star? I'd call that the best big three in the league...

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Best thread I've seen this off season.

11. basketballholic

Remember a couple things:

1. If we sign Dwight outright, there is no Royce White or Greg Smith or James Anderson too add to in a trade. If we traded for LaMarcus it would have to be Asik AND DMo (or possibly TJones).

2. A trade for LaMarcus is not going to happen this off season. Portland is going to sign a center and start the season with that club and see how it goes. They are much more likely to trade LaMarcus at the trade deadline or possibly after this coming season if they trade him at all.

With that in mind we need to look elsewhere, either Josh Smith or Paul Millsap.

12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

How about trade for smith, try him out for a year. If it doesn't work out trade him to Portland + one of our young players + whatever picks it takes (our next two tradable firsts/2nd's).

Should know if smith can work out by next summer or even by the trade dealine perhaps.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would too, Harden next to the two best low post players in the league would be unstoppable.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'd rather have Aldridge than Josh Smith anyday. Better fit with Dwight. Better fit without Dwight.

I generally hate hearing Asik used like a disposable trade filler around here, but I would damn sure trade him and more for Aldridge.

1 person likes this.
  15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Noah is a monster. Love his game.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Portland has been looking for a C since Sam Bowie. They've always had bum luck getting one that is dependable. Asik would be perfect for them. He's a rebounding machine with great size, young which would make a great anchor in the middle. LMA is not happy and teams aren't willing to give up good Cs readily.

Asik + DMo + Jones + 1st = LMA

17. basketballholic

I'd rather have Millsap than either one. He'll have a much more reasonable contract. He's a better floor spreader around Dwight than LaMarcus, won't take touches away from Dwight. He's very good defensively on the perimeter AND in the post and he's a far superior shooter to Josh Smith. Oh....and he can run pick and roll OR pick and pop very effectively.

18. Chamillionaire

Noah is also an underrated passer.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Frankly have no time for someone who calls Lin a backup PG. He is a starting PG, even if there are plenty of areas where he can improve. If there is a team that values Tyreke Evans at $11m per year, then there are at least a few teams who value Lin at $8.3m especially after his performance in the second half of the season, and considering his marketing potential.

Not sure what Hinkie can offer. He knows Lin's value on the court really well, and he just traded away his starting PG for a C. I think it's a good fit. Given our desperation to get this done, I think we would be willing to take very mediocre players in exchange. I would probably be happy with Kwame Brown, Lavoy Allen and Arnett Moultrie. That would allow us to keep Kwame 2nd or 3rd C on the team.

We could then deal Asik (8.3m) + Lavoy Allen (3m) + Terrence Jones (1.5m) + protected future first + the 2 2nd round picks they sent us for T-Rob for LMA.

That would give us something like

Howard/Smith/Kwame
    LMA/DMo/Moultrie
    Parsons/Anderson
    Harden/Anderson
    Beverley/Probably need 2 FA signings willing to sign for minimum

I know the depth would not be ideal, but damn. We're talking about Dwight Howard, Lamarcus Aldridge and James Harden. Throw in two hard working promising young players in Parsons and Beverley. Smith and D-Mo could surprise. Anderson can provide some decent minutes.

But I'm sure there are other teams out there who would be willing to trade 2-3 otherwise insignificant pieces for Lin.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Morey needs to do a Beverley-like discovery of a shooting guard. That'll get us in the mix. I don't think Blazers would even want Parsons. Batum is their guy. Lilliard is there, so no Lin or Bev needed.