1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Drug Tests for Welfare Recipients

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BetterThanEver, Mar 25, 2009.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

What are you high or something. People don't care about freedom anymore. People just want change, and missions accomplished, and to control your every thought and to make sure you have only government approved health care and habits like pills and cigarettes and booze.

Freedom? Just sit back and conform. It will only hurt for a little while.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

t_j,

It is a disgrace that you cannot begin to think outside of that ultra narrow slit your mind seems to live in. If you had ever read anything I have written on this subject, you would understand that the people I believe would benefit the most through a system of strong regulation would be the children.

Currently, children are able to get illegal drugs more easily than they can acquire alcohol according to a study at the University of Minnesota. Over half of our young people have used illegal drugs BEFORE THEY LEAVE HIGH SCHOOL! Our drug policy right now has failed our children miserably and has given them ready access to the most dangerous chemicals that exist.

Regulation of recreational pharmaceuticals would give us the benefits of a regulated market and would give us the ability to positively impact rates of use among our young people. The scientific evidence that this is true exists in the way that access to alcohol and tobacco was drastically reduced in the '90s with the "We Card" programs and raising the drinking age to 21. There is additional evidence that exists in Holland, where adult rates of mar1juana use are statistically equal to the United States, but use by minors is less than half what we see here.

If you had an actual argument, your hide wouldn't be so chapped. You would be able to logically lay down your reasons for supporting the current policy, but instead you are left to call anyone who doesn't believe that prohibition is solving our drug problem a "druggie sympathizer." This is no different from the racist in the '60s calling whites who supported civil rights "n***** lovers."

Use a logical argument and stop calling names or STFU!

I will be happy to back up the scientific claims that I made in the paragraph above as soon as you cite your "backed up by science" claim for the first time on this board.

In addition, calling everyone who uses the drug that would be caught by this policy, mar1juana, "drugged up" is disingenuous. I might be forced to agree with you if the policy was designed to catch and force out heroin or cocaine users, but urinalysis is highly unlikely to catch those people as the drugs metabolize and are flushed so quickly.

So, you would take anyone caught by this policy to a forced labor camp, take their children and put them in foster care or an orphanage, and use them as slave (low cost) labor for a profit driven company. Great solution, everyone loves a nice Gulag. :rolleyes:

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

D8mn CrazyDave . . .you don't seem Crazy at all

Didn't someone once say something to the effect
    "He would will sacrifice Freedom for Comfort/Security . . .deserve neither"

Rocket River

4. GladiatoRowdy

Only Benjamin Franklin, but who cares what that f***ing guy thought? :rolleyes:

5. Artesticle

Artesticle Member

Does that also not apply to gun laws?

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

moon, I will ignore the rest of your wild post, most of which wasn't even on topic, and address this part. You should be banned for this. Honestly, you should. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU. You probably have no idea how many hours I have put in with inner city youth. You probably have no idea how I have visited the home of the Great Man, Nelson Mandela, and paid homage to both him and Hector Pieterson in Johannesburg. For you to invoke a racist analogy directed at me is the height of ignorance and insult. Shame on you. You owe me an immediate apology. A self-imposed month away from the BBS would also be appropriate for you. This is truly too much to stomach.

7. rocket3forlife2

You're a great actor!

Now man up and stop acting like a wussy.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You will never get a response from him. Just look in the gun thread, he does quick nonsensical remarks then burns off.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Actually It does.
    I am for Gun Control . . not Gun Abolishment.

IMO the 'Right to Bear Arms' . . has little to do with hunting or even protection from criminals. . .it is about protection from a totalitarian government.

The problem with guns is our ability to kill has outpaced our ability to control our d*mn selves.

Question: Would you oppose mandatory Gun Education and/or maybe even some sort of liability insurance in case you happen to shoot someone by mistake?

Rocket River

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The first thing on a drug addict's mind is the next high not food. A serious abuser won't take the time to cook meals and make the children eat their dinner. They are too wasted for that. They cash out their food stamps at crooked store and buy dope. Food Stamps to drug addicts provides revenues for the dealers.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol I love a good andymoon meltdown. I'm not sure if it's troubles in his personal life spilling over into his posting, or what, but man, the frustration and anger are evident for all to see.

Andy - some unsolicited advice for you. I'd like for you to go sit in your easy chair, smoke a bowl, and chillax, brah

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There's better ways to get people off welfare than this.

13. GladiatoRowdy

YOU are too much to stomach and, as is your usual, you did not comprehend what I wrote. I did not call you a racist. I called you a bigot. You are bigoted against those who use drugs and I have no problem calling you out on it. There will be a day when what we have done to drug users is seen in the same context as the way this country discriminated against and marginalized African-Americans. In fact, the people who have seen the worst of the policy of prohibition are minorities and IMO, the drug war has been racist in its implementation.

I will not apologize for being honest. You have no answer, as usual, for the points I brought up and the evidence I presented.

I will take a month off when you man up, take my challenge, and beat me. IOW, put up or shut up.

14. GladiatoRowdy

Until you can present a reasonable argument, you should take the same advice I just gave your brother. I gave him a beatdown complete with evidence and scientific fact. If that is a "meltdown," I am happy to have one.

15. GladiatoRowdy

Exactly. Drug testing is expensive and will not target the true problem drug users anyway.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who cares if it is expensive? It's an invasion of our right to privacy!

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Privacy?!? Forget about privacy. People don't seem to care about freedom or privacy any longer.

Just sit back and conform. It will only hurt for a little while.

1 person likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is what we think he is . . ..

Rocket River
    . . . time for Jorje to go whining to Attempt to tattle on someone
    . . . . .. . .weee wee weee all the way to home

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

What the **** does that mean??? I think its time you just get over it.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This legislation sounds like a neocon's wetdream though.

Kick the poor and minorities in the balls at the same time and also perpetuate the failing, wasteful drug war.