1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random doorbell ringing at 1 in the morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, Apr 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't care if i sound like a b****, but having someone knock on my door at 1 in the morning would probably cause a lot of sleepless nights, at least initially. nothing deters robbers like dogs though. they don't even have to be big ones. thieves want to rob places with the least resistance. a barking dog brings attention. think about it. when was the last time you heard of a someone with a dog getting robbed?

3. Convictedstupid

What part of kingwood? If you don't mind saying (my family still lives there).

4. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Great guys my mom did not answer the door she just went up to the door and they said wrong house and left. No opening or anything. We have a security system.
    I live in the Greens.
    Like one poster said it would be scary to think about what would happen if you shot one of their buddies.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Carl Landry says, "Hi". He also told me next time he is shot he'll be sure to ring the doorbell before 9PM.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yes I am sure they are all very much looking forward to going after the guy that blasted their craziest friend.

They don't want any part, anyone who burgles or robs a home in Texas should expect to get shot.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Maybe these people were just ****** knocking but were just too tired to run away since it was 1AM.

#67 Mr. Brightside, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  8. aghast

aghast Member

^^
    Congrats. You just made my Google search history 5% racist.

9. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

speaking of salesman, reminds me of the time some dude came to our house at 9:00 PM and said he was from AT&T. Pretty late for an AT&T guy to come out so I thought it was kinda shady. Got a flashlight and my pistola and "snuck" up on him through the back door.

Startled him and asked him what he wanted. He said he was from AT&T and he wanted to come in, look at my statements and help lower my monthly bills. I was like "at 9 at night?" and he told me some **** about being an independent agent blah blah blah and he just kinda walked away.

does at&t even do that kinda stuff?

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Of course they don't. Why would AT&T spend money to send someone to your house to reduce the amount of money they receive from you?

11. Asian Sensation

Dude ...you should have let him in! I let a guy that works from AT&T into my house at 9pm to review my statements and he totally helped me lower my monthly bills and I made a new BFF out of that incident.

12. Asian Sensation

Because it's not sketch at all.

13. SPF35

SPF35 Member

see thats the thing, we don't need shotguns man. Take away funs from everyone except law enforcement. Everyone else should only have tasers and pepper spray.

14. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

That's what I figured. Should've shot him.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Mugged 5-6 times? NY is a hell hole.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yup.. You do not attempt to rob someone's home without knowing it is very possible you will be killed. Honestly, it should be that way, breaking into someone's home is serious stuff.

17. chestr

chestr Member

Looks like I should invest in a gun sooner rather than later

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Invest in martial arts. Also make your house like a fort that the burglars have to go through, "The Raid" style.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

go back to Canada

1 person likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, I like how some people in this thread call not opening the door for some random stranger at 1 in the morning "living in fear"...

We had a guy pull the "I'm at the wrong house" shtick a month or 2 ago in Kingwood. We have a pretty good security system though and it's on all the time.

I guess maybe we should have it disconnected and just sleep with our doors and windows open. I wouldn't want to be accused of "living in fear". :)