1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random doorbell ringing at 1 in the morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, Apr 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stop overreacting. It was a Saturday night, those guys was probably just trying to hit up a party and get some poontang and get crunk.

2. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

lol she didn't answer she just walked to the door we have a semi frosted window on the door from almost the knee up.

3. mclawson

mclawson Member

Time for rock salt claymores. And lemon juice sprinklers. And punji stakes. And an attack llama. And some of those flying log things like the Ewoks used that smashed in the walkers. That should cover you.

2 people like this.
  4. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

This man speaks the truth. We're not at home during work hours but we have a big mean dog. He's constantly watches our door and will bark at anyone that crosses the street. Yes it's annoying at times but I'm happy to know he has our back.

5. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

i don't think he's overreacting at all. i think it was likely that these guys were casing your house if not trying to break in at that moment. like i said, if you have wads of cash, jewelry, checks, expensive **** etc. around the house you might want to lock it up somewhere...at least for now. i wouldn't take it too lightly.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

What's the
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sound like they scoping out the joint like home alone. And why was your mom answering the door late at night? Do you guys not have a peep hole to see who is it? Next time when that happen again and if its not somebody you recognize, be rude about it. Tell them to get the f*** off my property or bark viciously at the door yourself if you can't get a hold of a dog. Also buy fake out door cameras for your front and back yard where it is visible to discourage them along with fake alarm stickers for the windows and sign by the door.

#26 got em COACH, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You guys are crazy. Don't answer the door unless you know exactly who it is. My mother told me she turned away her brother (my uncle) and her nephew because they didn't call beforehand and brought a "strange man" with them.

Act like a homeowner, think like a criminal (Somebody should copyright that before Steve Harvey gets to it!)

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Friend of mine just bought a house in Katy. It's in a decent area. One night, at about 10pm, a guy rings his doorbell. He opens it and a young black kid (~18 y/o) says he is selling vacuums. He just needs to come inside and do a demonstration real quick and then his boss will let him go home for the night.

My friend notices that A) the kid has no vacuum with him and wasn't dressed as if he was a salesman, and B) there are two SUVs parked outside his house with 3-4 people in each one.

The kid is persistent. When my friend tries to shut the door, the kid sticks his foot in the way. That was the tipping point.

This friend is kind of a big guy, so he just decides to forcefully tell the kid to ***** off, with a not-so-subtle flash of the pistol he had tucked in the back of his pants.

Maybe it was all legit, but even if it was I would endorse such hostility toward ANYONE who came to my home that late at night and tried to force themselves in.

9. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have they found these robbers? I couldn't find anything confirming this. My parents live very close to this place and they shop there at times.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea they caught them off 45 and Park Place in an all black SUV around August or September. I got a letter in the mail from the FBI with their names and did some Facebook investigating lol

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Happy Easter. Racist thread, on the house!

Question: How does a salesman dress?

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Never answer the door at that hour... always load your gun... got that?

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yes, I too have noticed a lot of not-so-subtle racism in this thread. I disapprove.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not in a wife beater with saggy jeans.

Not sure how this thread is racist. Maybe it's better if I mention that friend of mine was Mexican? Probably not, since the inclination to find offense in everything done everywhere is very strong with present day Americans and their oh so delicate sensibilities.

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I was walking down my quiet, residential street in Chicago earlier this week when a middle-aged white guy in a minivan stops me and says, "I don't mean to both you, and I know this will sound weird, but do you want a home theater?"

It was bizarre.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Are you a minority? If so, he must think you're poor. That white guy was a racist!

17. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I figured he was trying to unload stolen goods.

18. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

This is why I'm buying a shotgun.

Someone rings my door at 1 AM, I'll grab my shotgun and rack a round right inside the door. Still want to mess with this house assholes?

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

THe racist part want directed implicitly at you; it was at anyone who felt the need to point out race in their war stories.

I was in door-to-door sales for a long time and I saw a lot. Door-to-door saleskids are usually pretty low on the socioeconomic totem pole. So you get poor manners, rough presentation and poor dressing ettiquite for occasion. They're recruited by these managers who are cut for the same cloth. So their product and pitch may be legit, while their presentation looks sketchy. Also, I would not trust a lot of these guys in my house but their product could be woth your time and money. And 10pm on a summer night isn't out of the question for these sales guys. I wouldn't usually work past 8:30 but I knew lots of managers who would slave drive their crew till 9-10 on summer nights.

Also, Haymitch, and I'm not trying to single you out, but I would be more leery of a 'friend' who Felt the need to walk around strapped than some random raggedy kid coming to the door. In my experience, anyone who carries a gun is trouble.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think office depot sells real-looking alarm signs.