1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rand Paul attacked by a mob?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

She accidentally forgot her AR/M855 ammo, 5,11 boots, and plate carrier so she wasn’t properly prepared for a protest and couldn’t channel Rambo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL!

The plan of pretending to be victims of violence in these situations is hilarious and stupid.

Rather than be a reason to vote for Trump it's a reason to not vote for him.

He's president right now. He could anything now that he'd supposedly do in a second term. But all of this happened under his watch and he hasn't fixed any of it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This LooT and bUrn anarchy is under BIDEN'S RACIST "YOU AINT BLACK" WATCH!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The problem here is the local authorities .... they refuse any federal support because it may appear that Trump did something right.

Rather they tell him to piss off and let their cities get destroyed so people blame him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Biden says Vernon Jones ain’t black..

8. CometsWin

Trumpanzee with the bomb threat. LOL Roxran faints.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. CometsWin

Same Rand Paul. Classy guy.

Frustration and Fury as Rand Paul Holds Up Anti-Lynching Bill in Senate

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

11. CometsWin

Second, understanding what the anti-lynching bill actually addresses is particularly relevant. To be perfectly clear, lynching and murder are already against the law. Hate crime statutes have been on the federal books for more than 50 years and murdering someone because of his or her race has been a federal hate crime for over a decade.

So he wasn't blocking it he was trying to make it better? That is GREAT news! Of course he sounds like the typical Republican broken record about why we don't need hate crime statutes. Lynching is not illegal, murder is illegal.

Congress Moves to Make Lynching a Federal Crime After 120 Years of Failure

Where is that bill now? :rolleyes:

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/11/rand-paul-lynching-hate-crime-bill-limbo

He now argues that the anti-lynching legislation is drafted too broadly and could define minor assaults as lynching.

“The bill as written would allow altercations resulting in a cut, abrasion, bruise, or any other injury no matter how temporary to be subject to a 10-year penalty,” Paul said. “My amendment would simply apply a serious bodily injury standard, which would ensure crimes resulting in substantial risk of death and extreme physical pain be prosecuted as a lynching.”

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. CometsWin

Oh, is that his new argument? Mkay. So he lied about lynching being a federal crime, lied about trying to improve the bill, and then you just rehashed it all for us. Thanks dude.

We're all so fortunate that Rand Paul is the one Senator holding up landmark legislation to protect us all.

#73 CometsWin, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. CometsWin

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

at 23:50 in the video:

IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW AND LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH SENATOR'S OFFICE FOR THREE MONTHS ON THE AMENDMENT TO THIS BILL, I'M WILLING TO HAVE UNANIMOUS PASSAGE OF THE BILL TODAY. I THINK IT IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT THAT WE GET THIS RIGHT THOUGH. A WOMAN IN NEW JERSEY, A BLACK WOMAN IN NEW JERSEY ASSAULTED THREE JEWISH WOMEN AND SLAPPED THEM. IT WAS TERRIBLE. SHE UTTERED RACIAL ABOUT THEM. SHE WAS CHARGED WITH THIRD DEGREE MISDEMEANOR ASSAULT UP TO A YEAR IN PRISON WHICH SOUNDS TO BE SIGNIFICANT BUT SHE WAS THEN CHARGED WITH A HATE S CRIME IN ADDITION, FOUR YEARS IN ADDITION. WE DO HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT. IF SLAPPING SOMEONETH EARLY RACIAL WILL GET YOU TEN YEARS IN PRISON, THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING ABOUT IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM. WE SET UP A SYSTEM DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE PENALTIES AND THINGS WE DIDN'T INTEND, HAPPENED. WE HAVE TO BE SMART. I'M WILLING TO PASS THE BILL TODAY AS AMENDED, WHICH WOULD SIMPLY SAY NOTHING EVEN TO HARM SOMEONE, YOU HAVE TO ATTEMPT TO HARM THEM BUT HAS T TO BE AN ATTEMPT TO HARM THEM. ALL OF THE DISCUSSION ABOUT BRUISING WHILE TRYING TO CLINCH SOMEONE,ER YES, THAT IS ATTEMPTED MURDER AND COVERED BY THIS BILL. NOTHING IN THE BILL WOULD STOP OR PREVENT THE PROSTITUTION OF HEINOUS BEHAVIOR. THAT'S WHAT IT IS INTENDED FOR. I'M TRYING TO DO IS MAKE SURE WE DON'T GET UNINTENDED CONFERENCES. WE FOUGHT THE BATTLE AGAINST MANDATORY MINIMUMS FOR A DECADE NOW BECAUSE WE TIE UP PEOPLE IN SENTENCING THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. THANK YOU FOR SLAPPING SOMEONE WOULD BE AN ABOMINATION. IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE. DO WE WANT A BLACK WOMAN WHO SLEPT THREE JEWISH WOMEN IN NEW JERSEY TO GET TEN YEARS PRISON? IF THERE'S A GROUP, IT IS NOT A CONSPIRACY TO CLINCH. WE HAVE TO USE COMMON SENSE HERE. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TEN YEAR PRISON SENTENCE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN AN ATTEMPT TO DO BODILY HARM. THE STATUTE WAS WHAT BODILY HARM IS BUT IT COULD STILL BE AN ATTEMPT FROM DOESN'T MEAN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE IT BUT IT WOULD PRECLUDE SOMEBODY SHOPS SOMEBODY IN ABA BAR AND THEY FALL DOWN AND HAVE AN ABRASION AND THEY SAY HE DID IT BECAUSE OF A RACIAL ANIMUS TOWARDS ME AND YOU HAVE A TEN YEAR PENALTY. THAT'S NOT RIGHT. ALL OF US HERE ARE ADVOCATES ON THE SAME SIDE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM, WE HAVE ALL ARGUED ON THE SAME SIDE THE LAW SCREWED UP. IT'S INCARCERATED TOO MANY PEOPLE UNFAIRLY AND THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO PREVENT HERE. I UNDERSTAND THE EMOTIONS, DO YOU THINK I TAKE GREAT JOY IN BEING HERE? NO. I'M A SPONSOR OF 22 CRIMINAL JUSTICE BILLS. YOU THINK I'M GETTING GOOD PUBLICITY OUT OF THIS? NO. I WILL BE EXCORIATED BY SIMPLEMINDED PEOPLE WHOILEO THINK I DON'T APPRECIATE THE HISTORY AND MEMORY OF EMMETT HELP. I'VE GOT NO RIGHT TO HAVE AN OPINION ON THESE THINGS, IS, SHOULD BE QUIET WE CAN'T JUST NOT READ THE BILLS. I HAVE WORKED IN AN HONEST WAY WITH SANDRA BOOKER'S OFFICE FOR THREE MONTHS. WE'VE GONE BACK AND FORTH, WE GAVE THEM SOME LANGUAGE AND THEY CAME BACK TO US AND SAID IT WOULDN'T WORK. I SAID WHAT ABOUT THIS? WAS NOT ON ANY RESPONSES BACK IN A MONTH OR MORE. SANTOS LITIGATING IN THE PRESIDENT TRYING TO ACCUSE ME OF SOMEHOW BEING IN FAVOR OF SOMETHING SO HEINOUS THAT IT MAKES MY SKIN, IT MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH TO READ THE ACCOUNTS OF WHAT HAPPENED. WE'LL WANT TO BE FAIR AND HONEST. LYNCHING IS ILLEGAL. PEOPLE SAID THERE'S NO FEDERAL LAW AGAINST LYNCHING ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. THE LAW SAYS IF YOU KILL SOMEBODY AND YOU HAVE RACIAL ANIMUS UNDER THE HATE CRIMES STATUS, IT IS ILLEGAL. YOU CAN'T DO THAT AND IT'S ALSO ILLEGAL IN ALL STATES. THIS DOES NOT MAKE LYNCHING ILLEGAL. FOR ALL THE DISCUSSION ABOUT, IS CREATE A NEW CRIME CALLED CONSPIRACY TO LYNCHBURG IF THERE'S A CROWD, LET'S ARREST OFF. ALL FOUR POLICEMEN SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED. TO MR. FORD. THE THING IS, WHEN WE DO THAT, WE HAVE TO BE CAREFUL THAT WE DON'T THEN PUT A CROWD OF PEOPLE AND WHERE SOMEONE PUSHED INTO SOMEONE OR SLAP SOMEONE. THERE HAS TO BE JUSTICE, PEOPLE ARE CHANTING JUSTICE, JUSTICE HAVE TO HAVE A BRAIN AND VISION AND CAN'T BE STRONG INTO SOMETHING THAT CAN GIVE SOMEONE TEN YEARS PRISON FOR A MINOR CRIME. THIS IS VERY MINOR. EVERYTHING WE LEFT IN HERE, WE HAVE WORKED TO MAKE SURE IT IS INCLUSIVE. THEY CAME BACK AND SAID WHAT ABOUT ATTEMPTED? WE SAID LET'S CHANGE THE LANGUAGE. WE HAVE AN ATTEMPT TO CAUSE SERIOUSLY BODILY HARM. THERE CAN BE NO INJURY BUT SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH HER IT WAS AN ATTEMPT THAT LOOKED LIKE IT WOULD BE SERIOUS. SLAPPING SOMEONE ISN'T BUT UNDER THE CURRENT STATUTE AS IS, PEOPLE SAY NOBODY WOULD DO THAT. MAYBE BUT WE ARE PUTTING IT ON THE BOOKS. MINIMUMS HAVE KEPT PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR DECADES. LIFE FOR NON- VIOLENT CRIMES. I'M ASKING FOR A MINOR CHANGE. I'LL PASS IT RIGHT NOW. I'M COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WAY. I AM FORTH THE BILL, I'M ASKING UNANIMOUS CONSENT TO PASS THE BILL WITH ONE AMENDMENT THAT JUST SAYS LET'S BE CAREFUL NOT TO ARREST PEOPLE FOR SLAPPING ONE OR PUSHING INTO SOMEBODY AND GETTING THEM TEN YEARS PRISON. THIS ISN'T ABOUT SOMEONE TRYING TO KILL ANOTHER PERSON OR SOMEONE ATTEMPTING BODILY HARM. THEY WOULD BE INCLUDED IN THIS LANGUAGE EVEN IF THEY DID NOT HAVE A MARK ON THE PERSON AND THEY WERE TYING THEM UP AND PUT A ROPE OVER THE TREE, THAT IS ATTEMPTED MURDER THEY WOULD BE INCLUDED UNDER THIS BILL EVEN WITHOUT A MARK. WE HAVE TO PRECLUDE, BUT WE ARE TRYING TO IS THE BILL DOESN'T GET USED FOR THE WRONG PURPOSES. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE ABOUT WHO WE WANT TO PUNISH AND WHO WE SHOULD PREVENT. WE CAN'T PASS LAWS W THAT DO EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF US HAVE SAID IS WRONG, ALL OF THE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES THERE'S ONE HERE AND I ASK IN A VERY POLITE WAY, I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR THREE MONTHS FOR ONE SMALL CHANGE AND I LET THE VELCRO TODAY ON THURSDAY, THEY'RE NOT BRAND-NEW CHANGES, WE'VE TRIED AS HE'S HAD OBJECTIONS, WORK WITHIN ON HIS OBJECTIONS. I ASKED UNANIMOUS CONSENT TO PASS THE BILL AS AMENDED.
    more

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is zero attack there.

DD

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Arrest that man, he made a bomb threat.

**** Trump and His racist followers.

DD

Jimmy Chase likes this.
  19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Staged PR event, pre-arranged... Burn the Reichstag

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

There was more groping by the cop on Rand's leg than an actual 'attack'.
    I'd file a sexual harassment lawsuit on the officer if I had that much curly hair and my name was Rand.

RayRay10 likes this.