1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rampage Jackson Retires: Dana White labels him ‘a baby’

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ron from the G, Sep 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ron from the G

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20090924/rampage-jackson-retires-dana-white-labels-him-a-baby/

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Let him get his money however he wants. If he wants to retire let him, Dana is just mad because he may lose some money from the Jackson fight in UFC107.

3. DaDream

DaDream Member

this is true but he should have waited until after the Evans fight

4. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Not sure how much he is getting paid for his acting gig vs. the UFC fight, but if I were him, and I made more off of acting I would retire in a heartbeat.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Member

I dont believe it. Dude is a hot head, and a big mouth, ala Ron Artest. Im sure he is under contract to fight Evans at least, so he aint going anywhere. Just another hype machine.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He will be back but let's hope it is soon and not 2-3 years from now when his skills have diminished so much that he makes a fool of himself. Actually, I doubt he is really retiring. He is a headcase but comedic gold on the TUF series going on right now.

This won't affect the UFC much. They are now manufacturing "contenders" and bringing back "former champions" faster than you can learn who the hell these guys are. Is it just me or are they doing PPV every other weekend now?

As a sidenote, is there anyone on this season's TUF that has actually practiced MMA for more than a few months? I know they have the obese guy who used to be a champion somewhere but most of these guys look very amateur and a few look like they have never fought in their lives. UFC heavyweight division is a freaking joke and looks like it will continue to be based on the people they have chosen for this show. Unless it was all a sham to just to get Kimbo on for ratings. We'll see next week.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Getting in the ring is serious. I am sure in the Nevada state commission has to have clause for fighter to back out. If you fight half hearted you might get killed.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I had heard of "man boob" before (Darrill Schoonover). Not the best nickname to get.

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Member

I think Rampage is on a whole different level than your average Joe though. This guy has been in some wars with the worlds best fighters. He is just pulling a Artest, taking some in house problems and airing it to the public. After this season of Ultimate Fighter, im sure when they sit him down and talk payoffs for a hyped Evans/Rampage fight, he will change his mind when he see's how many zero's this fight could earn him, win or lose.

The UFC and Dana White, have really tightened down the clamp on their contracted fighters to do outside projects. I think Rampage in a A-Team remake would actually draw attention to the UFC in the long run, but if they arent getting a cut of the money, then they close that door.

I see Rampage getting the Randy Couture treatment. Fighting the Evans fight, and then backing off to do some other work in Hollywood, only to return at a later date, for a mega fight.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Who will dry hump female reporters and get in high speed car chases?

11. DaDream

DaDream Member

I think he feels his skills are already turning for the worst. He was in pride for a while.
    Dana White on the Jim Rome show last week said he left more money fight Evans to get less acting. But that is Dana White.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Anyone else getting sick of Dana White's superior ****ing ego? Rampage is not the first, nor will he be the last to leave and blame it on this egomaniac.

13. King1

King1 Member

He isn't under contract to fight Evans. If he was, Zuffa would be suing him right now. That said, you can bet they start putting even more restrictions in UFC contracts now.

14. King1

King1 Member

Pride took a lot out of these guys. A lot of fans didn't start watching MMA until the UFC so they aren't aware. Knees, soccer kicks to the head, no steroid testing whatsoever, ect... Wandy, Shogun and Cro Cop were already on the down side of their careers when the signed with the UFC. Rampage was the one exception, but he didn't look good against Jardine. He has said many times that he fights for money, so it's entirely possible that he just isn't into it anymore. Jackson has always hated training

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Is that the guy Rampage called "t*tties" LOL

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, has to be the worst introduction to a national audience.

backstage that night, "Excuse me, Rampage, sir. In high school they just called me "Killer." Could we stick to that? I don't think "t*tties" is going to play too well. From an intimidation standpoint."

"YOU'VE GOT TITTES!"

17. DaDream

DaDream Member

I am pretty sure you can retire while in a contract. Don't Pro athletes do that all the time. The contract is just so one can't fight in a different league.

I don't really blame Dana for getting mad. If I were him I would be too.

18. Asian Sensation

If I was fighting in the same weight class as Machida I'd retire too. I love Rampage and I wish he'd tear Evans into pieces but I'm not confident he can even beat Evans.

Everyone is fighting for 2nd place in the LHW division. Machida is cream of the crop.

19. King1

King1 Member

I should have been more specific. I think Zuffa will start putting a movie clause in contracts now. They almost lost Huerta to movies as well.

As a fan, I'm really dissapointed in this situation. That being said, if Rampage doesn't want to fight anymore, who am I to judge the guy? Id rather he retire then shell out money for tickets to a live event, or order a PPV that he's fighting on, when his heart just isn't there anymore.

20. King1

King1 Member

I think he'd destroy Evans. Rampage managed to beat Henderson, so I highly doubt Evans wrestling would giveh im problems. He's stronger and faster then Rashad as well, I just don't see Evans giving him trouble. Machida would beat Page easily. I think that Jon Jones is the only guy I see with the skill set to beat Lyoto, and he's a ways away from being ready for a title shot. It's MMA so anything can happen, but Machida is head and shoulders above everyone at 205.