1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ramon Sessions should be a priority

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wakkoman05, Jul 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Oh, yeah. And the Rockets' current duo of young, up-and-coming PGs make half of what Sessions will be making next year . . . COMBINED.

2. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Could Brooks and Sessions co-exist though?

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Apparently it won't matter cause now he's either going to the Bucks or Knicks.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ramon Sessions' agent used to work for the Rockets a couple years ago. I think.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry could be better than both.........Especially if he develops that 3-ball in the offseason...

#105 RudyTBag, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

A new option is Sun Yue, a 6-9 point guard who provides some strong advantages for the Rockets. He is a match-up nightmare for other point guards and he speaks the same language as Yao. He would have a year to get comfortable with Adelman's system before Yao's return (crossing fingers that Yao has a return). If nothing else, he would be a superb point forward plus he would be more of a Moneyball bargain than Sessions.

7. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

Bro, I have watched many of his games and he is not that good. He doesn't have good handles as a PG, can't shoot and is not quick enough to guard small and fast PGs. His only advantage is his size, which allows him to block some shots. If we are talking about the abilities of Chinese players in the NBA, YAO >>>>>>>>>>>>>> YI >>>>>>>>> Sun.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I know what I'm about to say is not a Rocket topic, but if we are talking about this guy I mind as well put my two cents here.

I didn't understand why the Blazers didn't go after him instead of Andre Miller. I know the reason they did was because he will bring "veteran leadership". But the guy is 33. He put up big numbers in his contract year. The Blazers have a couple of years before they are contenders, They could of sign Ramon Sessions easily for the mid level and grow with the Blazers. Their game is about the same.

9. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

There a thread in the Dish that says that the Knick are close in trying to land him which I believe the Bucks will match so its probably academic that He is not going to the Rockets.

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I think it's hilarious how the grass is always greener on the other side with folks here. Just imagine if the Rockets had Sessions and Aaron Brooks was on another team. I'm sure we'd see threads like this:

"The Rockets should work a trade for Aaron Brooks. Trust me, this guy would be a perfect fit. He's the quickest guy on the court and he can shoot, unlike Sessions. He's smart, he's a scorer, and he's only getting better. He's due for a breakout season. The Rockets could really run the floor with Brooks. Man, would it be fun to watch the run-and-gun attack with Ariza, Scola, Anderson and Brooks. And he'd be a perfect complement to Lowry, who can dish and bring tough defense. A lethal tandem. The Rockets need this guy. Git 'er done, Morey!"

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I believe you are exactly right.

12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

It's the same thing in that Rashad McCants thread (with Wafer instead of Brooks).

13. daamfsev

daamfsev Member

when will kyle lowry be our start point guard?
    he'll become 'rockets' deron williams :)

14. daamfsev

daamfsev Member

good aritcle!
    hope other team managers have a look :)

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

Sun Yue couldn't get past Fisher or Farmar (who Brooks and Lowry torched).

Brent Barry is a 6'7 PG who at 157 years old has a lot more game than Yue.

16. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Would be great but it is a long shot. :D

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it really isn't.

18. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60917/20090801/sessions_has_mysterious_third_team_interested/

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

20. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member