1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ramon Sessions should be a priority

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wakkoman05, Jul 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wakkoman05

wakkoman05 Member

Ramon Sessions has proven that he coiuld become a dominant point guard in the league. I think that given a few more years of development, he will be as good as Tony Parker. He is 6' 3'', he can finish at the rim with the best of them, and has excellent court vision. He averaged almost 10 assists per game in the last month of the season. If we can sign him for the MLE, that would be a great deal. He is the point guard of the future. Sign him DM!

2. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

Anderson is getting half of the MLE and Chase/JT are getting most of the rest..

Sessions has talent but he's a headcase.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ramon Sessions is an RFA. If we gave him an offer the Bucks would match. Move along....

4. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Having him would be nice. But unless we plan on trading brooks or lowry i just dont see it happening.

5. redao

redao Member

a dominant PG can be had for MLE? wont happen.

6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I hope you didn't just pull this out of nowhere, because the Rockets are looking into this [from the ESPN Insider thread posted earlier today]

If you did just pull this out of nowhere, I'm impressed.

IBTL :D

7. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Bucks are said to be in financial hurt. I wouldn't count out the possibility of a team stealing sessions away.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I read that too somewhere just can't remember where. I agree Andersen and the draft picks are going eat up all but 2 million on the cap I believe.

Interestin note though I was reading a chat on Hoopsworld with MIKE MOREAU and here is a questions regarding Sessions and his answer.

http://www.***************/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=379

Maurice in Milwaukee, WI:
    Can you expend on what Steve Kyler report about Ramon Sessions & the L.A. Clippers? Thank You what would the clippers give up and a sign & trade

Mike Moreau:
    All speculation at this point. Word along the baseline was a Western Conference team was going to make a play for him. The Clippers seem like a logical candidate to be that team.

Just speculation and remember the thread on the 25 best FA, Rockets where a team interested...saying that it would have to be a S&T of some sort.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The are in financial hurt, but part of the reason they renounced CV was because they wanted to resign Sessions. Further, after the Rockets use part of their MLE ~2.5M to sign David Andersen, they will only have around 3M left of the MLE. And if we signed Sessions to an offersheet of 3M, the Bucks would match, no question. The ONLY chance someone has to give the Bucks pause, is to do a FULL MLE deal on full years. But even then they probably match.

10. jshabang

jshabang Member

this works for me.......I would ship either one out for this sessions kid and his court vision......and the remainder would be his backup

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Adding a pg when not needed. Way to go G.M.

Also there was a reason why the Bucks let Charlie V. walk. They have the right to match any offer out there.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

only way this will happen is with a sign and trade but the trade can't happen till December so it WON'T happen.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why wouldn't this one happen?

I thought that if another time made an offer sheet and the original team matched, then the player couldn't be traded till December.

Am I right? :confused:

We can SnT for Sessions.

14. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

im all for signing him for MLE but having 3 quality starting PG's on our team is a major log jam. if we can sign him, we should give up lowry

15. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Sessions will beast it up this year as a starting point guard. This guy WILL be an elite PG for years in this league.

16. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

While I would be overjoyed to get Ramon Sessions, I don't think we can afford him. Anything we could give him would be immediately matched by Milwaukee. I think that's what the Bucks are waiting for, too.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Priority as in priority mail... any package any size one flat rate, 24.95. I would agree to that.

18. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

If we could have Sessions, that would be amazing and really solidify our pg spot. Too bad were more in need of other things.

Sessions/Brooks (solidified)

Tmac?/Taylor (needs major work)

Ariza/Battier/Budinger (solidified)

Scola/Landry/Hayes (solidified)

(No Yao)/Andersen/Dorsey (needs major work)

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Sessions would be great, but the bucks would never let him go. Not cheaply, at least.

20. jshabang

jshabang Member

exactly.....rockets there hands on this guy......move lowry have AB back him up as a spark of the bench on the second unit.....boy watch out.......

anybody who is wondering why everyone is so high on this kid needs only watch a few games of his.......the kid has it all as far as a pure point is concerned and he is only gonna get better at this point.

him running the break with these horses we are accumilating would be a pure adrenaline shot to the rocks....trust me.........

this kid would lock up our point guard position for the next 8 seasons minumum.....

if we can work something out with them with a S&T starting with lowry.....would have to think long and hard about it.....rather we need a point guard or not......hes to good to pass up or at least take a sniff at........future all start with the right minutes and system....hands down....book it

i have seen this kid on several occcasions as i have business in milwaukee.....trust me when i say we want this kid