1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo to the Lake show

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by James&PaulAttornysAtBall, Jul 2, 2018.

1. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

They may be using these older vets to play bully ball against the run-and-gun offense the GSW play. That’s why I think they are swinging to trade for Kawhi. They may not be able to outrun GSW but they may be able to bully them with slow ball.

da_juice likes this.
  2. thething

thething Contributing Member

Well, they weren't going to win the championship this year, anyway.

If it were me, I would have used the extra cap space in order to get picks if I couldn't get a star. Take on a big expiring contract or two for some draft compensation in order to decrease someone's luxury tax bill. This is just the wastage of an asset (cap space). I don't see a scenario where these guys help the Lakers win a championship in the next few years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How do they get Kawhi now though? They just let Randle go. So who's left out of their young core? Lonzo? Pop won't want any part of him and his family. Ingram? A solid young player, but not enough for Kawhi. Kuzma? See Ingram. And if the Lakers give up Ingram AND Kuzma, they're suddenly an old team with minimal depth.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Lebron can't make it too easy for himself, the haters will have a field day.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Magic mentioned this was a two year process. This year I think they may be swinging to get Kawhi and they may not care about having a young team anymore. LeBron has always been willing to get his GM to let go of young talent.

I can see SAS getting Kuzma/Ingram in a three way trade/S&T and Lonzo being punted to whatever team will take him to make the money work for Kawhi to go to the Lakers. Then next summer when all of these short term contracts end they will probably keep Rondo/Kawhi and dump the rest of them to get their third/fourth star (if they get Boogie somehow they will keep him).

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh to be a fly on the wall of THAT locker room.
    Rondo, Stephenson, maybe Boogie, and Lonzos dad?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Lakers about to show the world how bad their shooting is in a few months

plutoblue11 and RyanB like this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

One crazy person is needed to win a championship... but two... that's franchise suicide.

plutoblue11 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They are trying to raise the average age of the team. Balancing a bunch of 22-year-olds with a bunch of 32-year-olds, and you get a 27-year-old team, right at the prime!

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

A two-year process? LeBron will be 34 this season. And we ain't talking a young 34 either. I know he's coming off a great year(offensively anyway), but he's now in the same conference as the Warriors and the Rockets. And the Jazz ain't exactly chumps either. I'm stunned that he committed to 4 years with the Lakers when this is what they have to offer.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, this will be entertaining to watch. The Lakers are gathering all the crazies. Add Boogie for good measure and let LaVar Ball be the ringmaster. The circus has come to town.

Easy, plutoblue11 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Let’s not pretend that Magic didn’t know LeBron wasn’t going to sign a long term deal when he gave that (paraphrasing) “I will quit if I can’t get two stars by next off season” speech last week. LeBron and him are well aware that with LeBron signing a long term deal they will be in a position to get another star. I hope they fail but I think LeBron/Magic are angling for at least two more good/great years for LeBron then having a team to go after GSW in 2019-20.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Rondo stopped playing defense many years ago

Swiss Roll, plutoblue11 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

This team would be amazing in the 80s

plutoblue11 and da_juice like this.
  16. macan

macan Member

this is a shxt show i would watch, they should hire lavar as an assistant coach to seal the deal

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Hard Knocks needs to do a show on this team. Maybe Lebrons production team can make it happen.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

This would be amazing in the 3-on-3 league.

hakeem94 and plutoblue11 like this.
  19. da_juice

da_juice Member

All my friends are saying this is a good move but I don't see it. Where are the shooters?

plutoblue11 likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One would think there's a better way to spend $9M in cap flexibility than on Rondo. Shouldn't all kind of high level free agents flock to LA to play with LeBron?