1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo reportedly ‘more available now than ever before’

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tested911, May 16, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Where have people gotten the idea that Doc Rivers runs plays? They're good in the clutch because CP3 is a great decision maker (and when he's not, they've got nothing), throw the ball to Blake and watch or iso Crawford?

2. CertifiedTroll

I wonder how willing he would be to sign with us, seeing as how he doesn't like McHale.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That was two years ago. The new mature Kyle loves Coach Kevin now (as long as we pay him).

4. Houston_Rockets

Wait, are people still dropping this BS about Rondo not fitting in Houston because he can´t shoot and you need a good shooter alongside Harden???

Are you guys ignorant or blind? Did you guys miss the playoffs?

We need the ball OUT of Hardens hands on the half-court game. He does not take full advantage of the great screens both D12 and Asik set, dribbles out for 20 seconds and shoots contested jumpers, passes to a contested rushed shot by teammates, or forces the issue waiting for a bailout foul call. I know McHale is to blame for not helping him, but do you actually think Rondo will be this passive?

And no, I am not saying Harden is a scrub, what I am saying is that Rondo is actually a great fit, because he is great using screens, he forces the issue inside by penetrating. We don´t need a 3pt ballwatcher at the PG spot, we need a guy that penetrates forces teams to collapse opening 3pt shots, NATURALLY. People don´t even understand how much better Harden (and all of the team of course) would look with a PG like Rondo.

Did you guys actually watch how we lost? All we did was D12 post up, Harden hero ball, shoot contested 3s, and play no defense.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

This. QFT. QFTruer-words-were-never-spoken.

Still, I'd rather have Kyle back.

6. wise_man

wise_man Member

Trade lin, jones and our first round pick for rondo....or throw in Beverly. ...then plz plz sign battier, I think he still has two more years left in him..then trade asik for kyle krover and a first or two second round picks.....

7. Aleron

I'm guessing you weren't watching what Portland was doing, only focusing on us?

The issue wasn't even really the point guard spot, it would help, but the ultimate problem we had was their PF was playing as a free safety on defense. Harden is much better at penetrating than Rondo, but there was nowhere to go, even Lebron struggles when teams can play free safety in the middle like Portland was.

Which comes to the next point, cost, Lowry's cost is the cost of getting rid of Lin, Rondo is the cost of Asik and probably Parsons and maybe more, essentially removing any ability fix the PF problem...

And then they don't even fit, Harden is a high ball usage shooting guard, he's not a point guard, but he does need the ball a lot, but high usage shooting guards don't dominate the ball like point guards, they have the ball about half the time so they're best used with point guards who don't need the ball 90% of the time.

8. Houston_Rockets

First, I didn´t say PG was the reason why we lost. Second I didn´t say I preferred Rondo to Lowry considering how much it would take to do the trade.

I was only talking about this fit BS that people still say, just like you said.....

You and others keep saying how harden needs the ball. I am sorry to tell you this, but guys that can shoot like harden, can also play off the ball.
    Does Durant need the ball like Harden does? You would probably say no, but I disagree, I think both can still be extremely effective, because both can shoot the ball like crazy.

This garbage about Harden needing the ball, comes from the fact that when he was playing in OKC, he was the premier ball handler, but the reason why that happened was because he was the best decision maker on that team. He knew how/when to pass, unlike both Durant/WB.

Now question, who is the best decision maker when it comes to balancing pass/shoot Rondo/Lowry or Harden? Who is the best shooter Rondo/Lowry or Harden?

NBA is all about roles man, the idea that Harden needs the ball to be effective is BS, so any other theory that comes from that statement is automatically bogus IMO.

9. Aleron

Harden's version of off the ball is a lot like Kobe's, he slides around occasionally but he's not particularly adept at it.

To be a good off the ball player, you need to be always in motion and be adept at using players as screens, even unintended ones by recognising angles, shooting is barely half of the equation.

You're essentially saying we should try to convert one of the leagues best on the ball players into a mediocre off the ball player, he's actually better at creating separation off the dribble than on the move, which should be a giant red flag for what you're suggesting, since the goal is to actually create separation for a good shot.

It's not just about roles, it's about fit, it's like Dwight and Asik, you can't have two people together whose roles overlap without taking away from each other, even Miami has that issue, only Lebron is just so damned good he overcomes it.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

they can keep him. They didn't want to help us so F them. Rebuild around hum.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure lowry has missed more games than rondo. I don't worry about fit with harden. What has harden wn besides 6th man of the year? Rondo gets rebounds,pushes tempo,get everyone good shots. Did I mention he trumps harden in situational basketball?

12. JazzLakerHater

Nah... Battier is done. But I would love to hire him as an assistant coach and to be Harden's mentor.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You must not remember how easy rondo gets to the paint and finishes. To say harden is a better penetrator than rondo is just plain dumb.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Howerd
    Loves
    Parson
    Hardon
    Rando/Lowery

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If you don't look too hard, it's not like anyone will notice.
    [​IMG]

Spencer Hawes
    Jason Smith
    Chris Andersen

They've got to salary dump.