1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rajon Rondo reportedly ‘more available now than ever before’

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tested911, May 16, 2014.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

it really depends on how much he's going to get. He's younger and we all know an alot better shooter which what we really need. But i'm ok with Rondo too.

2. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I would love Rondo. If he meshes well, he would significantly improve the team. If he doesn't, he bolts after one season and we got a ton of money to spend on Kevin Love.

1 person likes this.
  3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I don't understand going after a PG who is ball dominate and can't shoot well enough to spread the floor. Doesn't improve our 3 point shooting.

If the Knicks sign Fisher as coach, could we see Melo to Houston, Rondo to New York

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Adding Rondo to the Rockets is like adding a tank to a navy. He just don't fit the team!

5. iamtvi

iamtvi Member

This. No way that Ainge dumps Rondo for anything less.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I believe we would find a way to work Rondo in on offense. He is better overall on that end of the court than Bev and Lin.

Rondo creating is better than Iso Ball. If we are going to let the players control the offense than we need someone who is actually good at that. Harden needs someone to make the game easier for him.

I really like Lowry though. Happy with ether one.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We'd be a better team with Rondo and without Harden, and aiming for a significant upgrade at the 4.

Hell, have you seen the team's assist numbers? And having no one who can really get that entry pass into the post.

8. dragician

dragician Member

Deron's availability brings his value down a bit.

Lin + Asik for Rondo.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Pretty interesting how Morey has trained homers into thinking other GMs are rubes and these proposed deals are solid.

re:Lin/Asik package...I don't get why Ainge would want to dump a 1 yr rental player for two 1 year rental players where Asik is the only keeper.

He'd be going Presti /w Harden if he did that rather than waiting for the deadline and finding a proper suitor... So it's up to how high we're valuing Parsons as a 3-4th man.

And the only reason Rondo would significantly boost our team's offense is because our head coaching is ass when it comes to any real strategy and preparation.

Last time I checked, there isn't a salary cap for coaching staff...

Such a waste in bang for your buck value.

#29 Invisible Fan, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Rondo's usage rate is only slightly higher than Lin's. This is a guy who played with Pierce, Garnett and Allen mind you. Oh yeah... Pierce's usage rate has historically been similar to Hardens.

He isn't a great 3 point shooter. Who cares. He knows how to create. But more importantly offense isn't the issue. Defense is.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Would be willing to trade Parsons for Rondo.

We could just trade Lin and Parsons for Rondo, then keep Asik and try to package him with assets like Jones, Motiejunas, Canaan, oversea players and draft picks for another impact player.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Boston didn't want Lin. They wanted Asik/Parsons/Bev I believe...

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Almost certain we'll get him

15. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

what about Lowry for Lin and Parsons?

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Why does everyone want Lowry? Like why? Will this guy ever win a ring?

Rondo is the clear choice 10 times out of 10 and he has a ring.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Needs less of the ball

Would actually fit alongside Harden

Better shooter

Doesn't have knee injury history

Will cost less

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Sidenote:

If we get Rondo for lets just say Lin/Parsons... what will the salary cap look like for other potential moves in FA? (MLE/chasing a superstar like Melo)..

I can see Morey going after Rondo (as has been noted) and adding Melo while keeping T Jones/Daniels/Bev/DMO

PG: Rondo
    SG: Harden
    SF:Melo
    PF: T Jones
    C: Howard

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We need defense and how does everyone believe Lowry would fit next to Harden? Please elaborate...? and I don't want a guy that costs less. I want a guy that has experience (if he costs less then so be it). We don't need 1 and done's.....We need experience.

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Lowry is used to being underutilized by the Rockets, he can stand in the corner to be a spot up shooter, he has good D, and hes already used to the lack of plays from McHale.

Rondo will be coming for a rude awakening when he realizes McHale doesnt know anything about making plays and he ends up standing in the corner as the Rockets rely on post ups and isos.