1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo out indefinitely after back injury in game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Apr 22, 2015.

1. SemisolidSnake

"Back" injury is simple code for "we wonder if Boston will take him back."

2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

yes sir. At first i wanted revenge on portland but I think Im enjoying this more. I dont know who i hate worse between Parsons or Cuban. I do remember when Cuban sent in those videos crying about Yao setting picks. I wonder if the price went up due to cost of living because they are doing Howard the same way. Whats so good about this is we are overcoming this horrible officiating.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Rondo was kicked off the team. Wow I am so glad I was wrong about us needing to go after him. Morey please stay far away this cancer.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I said the same thing. I thought Rondo would make us unbeatable. I also thought we should fire Mchale. Thank God im not the GM. I was right about TJones though. He didnt look too good last night so he will come back hard next game as long as he protects them two huge bazookas on his mug.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

knicks will sign him to the max this summer.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How do you guys think D Fish would mesh with him? He obviously needs a hands-off kind of coach.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fish would be perfect since he doesn't really coach. Suits on point though.

1 person likes this.
  8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I wonder if Rondo started mouthing off to D Fish, if Fisher would throw a solid elbow to Rondo's chest.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, it can go either way but if Harris can play, they are better equipped to play Houston. Barea and Harris will cause problems for Houston because neither of our PG's will be able to keep up.

I still expect Houston to win but I think it's very important to crush this team in game 3. It's not going to be easy.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Will this hurt his stock? Would not mind having him in rox uniform playing back up minutes ala JSmoove.

11. Code Red

Code Red Member

What would be hilarious is if he joins the Rockets to play against the Mavericks. Lol

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

meh. Harris and J.J. Barea are competent, but nothing more. Aminu could cause trouble for James, but he's a zero (or close to it) on offense. Their team offense is all going to be Dirk/Monta now, which could be a good offense, except (1) if you make Monta pass the ball he won't, and (2) Dirk can be badly exploited on D by ball-handling 4s like Josh and TJ.

I like our chances.

13. reliableman

reliableman Member

"You cannot give rep to the same post twice."

My favorite guy to boo...LOUDLY!

14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I guess Rondo doesnt care about the "TX rivalry".

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When you don't wanna tarnish your reputation in a series you don't think you can handle, you shut yourself down to end the embarrassment...

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

parsons is a no-show and rondo bails - dallas in the sh!tter, haha!

17. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Rondo is still a good PG. He really is just playing disinterested in Dallas. he would attack the basket probably in the first and second quarter depending on his mood and then when his stat is already acceptable(not so good but not so bad either) he'll rest. As an spectator you can actually sense it. Like he pushes his own off button. And Carlisle have no choice but to bench him. Its crazy.

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah at the Fun Fair Positive Soccer League

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There's a few years of evidence now to say he's not that good.

Rondo looked really good on a team with 3 hall of famers that played off the ball very well and thrived off someone that could get into the paint without wanting to actually score much himself. They played fierce defense which suited him well and he could create open shots for them.

However, he can't fit next to a guy who needs the ball to create for himself and a lot of us said it from day 1. If Rondo doesn't have the ball in his hands, he's a complete zero on offense, a liability actually because his man can sag off him completely. You add that to his declining defense and his attitude problems and you have a bad basketball player.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member