1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer needs to get benched:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jan 3, 2007.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

2. randomdude

randomdude Member

NOONE should be bashing Rafer tonight...hes had bad shooting nights but tonight he played great. Also, sure he misses and all...but have u seen this guy's quickness? his penetrations creates holes in the opponents defense and overall hes good for the team.

3. haven

haven Member

Oh, lord - so, essentially coaches who "know how to win" don't make personnel mistakes concerning players who have been on the team for a few years?

Think about that comment long and hard. Contemplate it. Look at the past histories of a few successful coaches. If you still think it's true, I'll come back with 10 examples of how you're absolutely wrong.

On the other hand, if you think I can come up with even one such name - because that's all it would take for me to win and you to lose - then give it up and admit your post is nonsense.

4. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

He shot above average for him but not for the average NBA player.

Confucious say, "Even a bricklayer can have one night of out a thousand nights, when he cannot lay a brick."

He still holds the current league record for worst FG%.

5. ShakeYoHipsYao

Obviously even the best coaches don't get every minute detail right. That's not what's up for debate.

Winning coaches do not, however, miss on the big ones, like who to start at PG. With the information available to them (which is much more than is available to most observers), they do what gives them the best chance to win. So no, I don't think JVG makes personnel mistakes of that magnitude.

So I guess you're gunna give me your "10 examples" of how I'm wrong, now, right?

6. Prosun

Prosun Member

Hey Clutch, what is your opinion on whether or not we should acquire Steve Francis?