1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer Admits He's A Goner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jul 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let me do it again for you: Rotation Player > Non rotation player

James playing 20mpg = nothing. James playing 9 mpg = nothing = same as Wilks. Hunter playing 12 mpg = substantial.

20< 12 > 8 = 0

Good math.

Do you have any support for your contention that Hunter's 13 minutes "mattered?" Anything?

Huh, that's great, way to move the goal posts. Too bad the original point that you were trying to refute was not that he could be a leader but that he was a role player on a championship team.

So we're back to square one - James can't be a role player on either an NBA champion or the Rockets, except for the times when he was.

Same old tired James Hater argument. Boring.

2. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

anyway you slice it...james is a helluva an addition. could be argued hes more productive now than francis

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The "dominating the ball on a crappy team" argument only works if the player in question has a low shooting percentage. That obviously was not the case.

4. SknyTxn

SknyTxn New Member

What do y'all think of this? I was reading that the Warriors were in need of some back up for Baron Davis. I say trade Rafer Alston to the warriors in exchange for Matt Barnes. Barnes is definitely an energy guy and would fit perfectly in an up tempo style like Adelman's.

5. FFz

FFz Member

Barnes played for Adelman and didn't perform well at all.

6. SknyTxn

SknyTxn New Member

That is true...but think of it like this. Stevie Franchise hasn't played all that well since he left Houston and most think he is going to be a great add. Barnes has had a few years to mature since his Adelman days and might fit in great now. I guess after watching Barnes and the way he played in the playoffs for G.S. ....makes me wish he was in a Rockets Uni.

Ok if not Barnes, what about Andris Biedrins to back up Yao?

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Why would you trade for Biedrins to back up Yao, if you just added Butler via trade and probably resign Deke? :rolleyes:

I wouldn 't mind trading for Biedrins to back up Scola ... I think Andris could be effective at the PF spot, next to Yao! (Height: 6-11; Weight: 245 lbs.)

Season G GS MPG FG% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    06-07 82 63 29.0 0.599 0.521 9.3 1.1 0.8 1.7 1.45 3.70 9.5

8. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Well I must admit some of you fans are better than me....because I would trade Rafer for a large cotton candy, and a ride on the dungeon coaster...

I'll keep luther of course..

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Biedrins is a rebounding stud on the same level as David Lee. You will never get Golden State to give him up.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

James did not have a significant role on that Pistons' championship team. He was the 3rd string PG in the playoffs and traded the next season. If he was a valuable role player that helped them win that championship, they would have kept him for another run. I think they acquired James late into the season to allow Hunter to rest for the playoffs. He was a filler, a temp, that was shipped out after the season.

The Pistons have always been high on Hunter as a reserve. That is why he has been on the team for the first and last four years of his career. He is a quick defender with high IQ that plays within any system thrown at him.

Why did they keep Hunter and ditch James after 41 games? At that time, money was not a factor.