1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael Stone the HEDGE GOD! Why Stone has done a great job rebuilding the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Landry's Tooth

I'm sorry, you're not going to convince me the idea just came from heaven and landed on the lips of Fertitta.

If it's a bad idea, why did it get presented to him?

Fertitta acknowledged 5% chance it works.

They shouldn't have done it. Fertitta pushed it through after it was presented to him.

There's blame on everyone, don't exempt the person who came up with it.

2. Landry's Tooth

The Wizarda took a worse contract back for Wall.

Lakers never had Wall.

Wizards got trash for Westbrook and rehabbed Kuzma into something. No guarantees that happens in Houston.

Nobody wins trash for trash deals...

3. Nook

Nook Member

I'm not going to argue with you. All of the evidence has been laid out by me numerous times, including words out of the mouth of both Daryl Morey and Tilman Fertitta.

At this point, you can believe the earth is flat or the moon landing was a con.... doesn't matter to me.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Little Pat Ferttita our here trying his best once again

kubli9, fryjol7 and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Stone is doing a great job and we really can't hudge it for another 3-4 years when the rookies are coming in to their prime

7. Landry's Tooth

I'm not aware how any statements I made conflict with public statements by the parties involved.

I'm not sure how you rationalize Morey played no role in the debacle... he negotiated giving up picks when they should have sent us picks.

I'm saying blame everyone involved and for some reason you're against that...

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It is called a Lottery for a Reason, Nets Picks can go Higher or Lower.

You can't say it is in Fact going to be in the Teens. Anything is Possible in the Lottery.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The journey appears good. So far the destination is sorely lacking.

I do find it fascinating to see which players picks turned into when evaluating trades though.

Corrosion and fryjol7 like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

lol Its funny how 1 trade makes an average gm a god all of a sudden lol If BKN were winning ya'll would still be pissed. This man also hired Silas and made KPJ a pg. So Im still luke warm on the entire situation.

napalm06 and Nook like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Flipside to your logic "so the 2024 and 2026 picks will be trash" ??

Cmon man the guys you listed arent moving the needle - just seems like more piling on and choosing to be dissatisfied with Stone. That is your prerogative, but I choose optimism over doom and gloom.

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thankfully Rafael Stone has a Real Vision

Rockets Fans wanted This
    PG Ben Simmons $35 million / John Wall $42 million
    SG Victor Oladipo Turned Down $80 million/ Eric Gordon
    SF Caris Levert
    PF JaeSean Tate
    C Jarrett Allen $100 million

Rockets Organization going Bankrupt in 2023 if these decisions were made by Dumb Rockets Fans.

Corrosion and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some guys like getting blasted in the first round yearly or not even making the playoffs with no hope of getting better picking at 14 every year. Yeah I enjoyed watching Lowry, Scola and Kevin Martin too! :rolleyes:

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey and MDA did not want to make the trade.

Daryl Morey had even spoken to James Harden and made sure there were no issues if the trade was made.

The owner HATED the contract Chris Paul had, he had even complained about it during the season, said it was the worst in the league.

Daryl Morey told Chris Paul he didn't want to trade him.

The trade was made because the owner of the team told the GM and HC that he wanted the trade done.

Short of losing his job, Morey had to do what he was told.

FWIW the owner was very impatient and we are lucky that Morey was able to work in some protections on the picks, as the owner was willing to do it no matter what.

That isn't the GM's fault....... that isn't the HC's fault.... that is T. Brown's fault or anyone else's fault other than ownership.

There is a reason the MDA, Morey, Brown and McNair all left the organization and it was because of the new ownership being nothing short of terrible.

j@amc, harold bingo and YOLO like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

why are you repeating yourself when all of this was known and posted years ago.This is all extremely old news to folks that actually keep up with this organization

Pat Ferttita wannabe isn't worth the time

Nook likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

The guys I listed will keep the NETS picks from being high lottery picks. The picks will likely be in the teens.

I'm not dogging the Rockets for that fact, all they can do is trade for unprotected picks - but I also am not going to celebrate when really, the Rockets are not in a better spot than a few days ago. The key to the Rockets future picks was the NETS getting old or injured. Guys like Cam Johnson, Finney Smith, Bridges etc. will keep them respectable.

snowconeman22 and YOLO like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets would've lost out on Jalen Green and Jabari Smith, they are both the Youngest in their Draft Class, Give them Time to Physically and Mentally Develop, Both are Around 20 years old.
    Alperen Sengun is Younger than Jalen Green.

Turnovers and Defensive Mistakes are going to happen in Team Play.

KPJ lack of IQ and not caring defensively is Alarming.

18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think this is a more accurate picture. Overall, in terms of assets the rockets are in a good-very good position within two years for a rebuilding team. But there are obvious negatives: culture, lack of vets, team construction problem with pg spot, development of the assets is questionable which brings us to Silas. And how are we going to evaluate Stone if Silas is still here next year?

The evaluation of KPJ is way off. Despite the team friendly contract, I think he has little to no trade value, and more importantly the damage of the pg experiment is huge.

I'd like to take this chance to thank @Medicine N Music, I don't know if i did before. His Sengun post was how I found clutchfans and why I am posting here. Great post, and great posts overall.

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Sure, anything is possible. The NETS next year could be the last team in the lottery and end up with a 3-5% miracle and get the #1 pick.

However, it is all about what is most likely.

At this point the floor for the NETS picks are higher. There is very little chance that the picks will be in the 25-29 range like they could have been if KD and Kyrie were still there. However, because the NETS got good young players in those deals, it is also very unlikely the NETS are a bottom 5-7 type team.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its still taking a stab in the dark Nook. Looks like the Nets are already shopping some of those guys they got from the Durant trade. No guarantee any of them are even on the team in a few years. Nets will likely try to find another disgruntled star to give them hope. I just dont think those mediocre players will make any noise - maybe not worst in the league, but if Houston finds themselves competitive then those swaps could be very valuable in filling out the roster. BKN just dismantled the 5th ranked team for the hell of it and I dont see them being better than the 6-10 teams in that conference any time soon.

Nook likes this.