1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael Stone the HEDGE GOD! Why Stone has done a great job rebuilding the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Feb 9, 2023.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Morey left Stone with nothing and I was worried. Stone is building a good core back up. Anyone that argues against it just doesn't have any patience and took the winning years for granted.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I trust OP, he called both Sengun and Tari way way before the actual draft

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Respect u MNM, but I disagree.

yes on the Covington trade. Unfortunately that’s where it ends for me. Lavert or Allen would have been legit assets we could have converted into picks or other assets. Neither would have affected the tank. That’s just a straight up fail. Getting nothing for Olidipo was a straight up fail.

great glad Tate is locked in. No, extending KPJ when we didn’t have to is not good. It just makes him harder to trade or forces us to pay up or lose him for nothing. Again we didn’t have to extend him. Makes no sense.

The current situation is really bad. Despite looking good last night, our player development is behind schedule.

As you point out, wtf on EG.

you didn’t mention the Wall/Westbrook trade. Terrible trade and then we mismanaged the situation.

starting the rebuild with Wall, Dipo, Wood and KPJ…really? Not good judgement bro.

Silas…wtf. Culture…wtf. Where is our war chest of assets we’ve had almost 3 seasons to collect?

so, no, he has not done a great job. I respectfully disagree.

#23 Aruba77, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

take a peek at the OP's posting record and history on the board . . . I think you won't be so confident then ;)

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

On a serious note though, I do agree that Stone has done a decent job up until "Current Situation" which is... to be honest... a bit charitable.

I like alot of these prospects, and the talent is there naturally. However I think there is a honestly a homer outlook on how good some of these players would be on other competitive teams. I think Roosh used the "My teacher is hot" analogy last night on the Rocketscast which made me laugh, but it's true.

The fact is the players are not developing in a way that will get us to where we need to go. Will they in future with maybe a different coach, culture, more experience, and vets around them??... I sure hope so but right now, if we are honest with ourselves Stone has put together a team that is historically bad by every metric, and its historically bad for a reason. That's cause these players aren't very good even though... yes some of them have the talent to be really good eventually.... one day...

Stone still has ALOT to prove, and he has made many many errors along the way as well.

-2 drafts in a row lying to the media about the Oladipo and EG trades
    -Jarrett Allen
    -The Silas hire & keeping him this Summer
    -Cultural issues not kept in check (see John Wall interview)
    -Not being able to do something better with John Wall (not hold him hostage for so long... play him or waive him)
    -and just overall a disdain for the fanbase by never engaging us and treating us with the dignity of some candid interviews or any type of engagement

Say what you want about Morey but the guy truly cared about engaging fans, and even to this day still will go back and forth with some from our community here. I think Stone's projected a very cocky, and arrogant personality, and I think it really puts himself in a situation to not be very respected or liked with the fanbase, and that I think will have a lasting effect on his legacy long after he's gone even. I even remember Carroll Dawson as a fixture in the Houston community and was often doing events that helped him connect with the city and fanbase way before social media. It's an important part of the job IMO.

#25 dobro1229, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Felicia, is that you?

Nook, daywalker02 and txtodd like this.
  7. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

If you leave apart a lot of inaccuracies from OP, I would like him to coach my bosses. That is some standard to have.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Light the fuse

A rolling Stone gathers no Tony Massenburg.

Nook likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Morey didn't want to trade for Westbrook. It was Ferrittas idea... backed up by STONE. Who ****ing backstabbed Morey. That's how he got promoted, from ass-licking directly to his CEO and backstabbing his team-leader. I hate people like this, and I know Stone probably is a sweet-talker but has no ****ing clue how to run a team. And it shows. All the gems that fall out paint a perfect picture. Do you know who hired the worst head coach in the history of American basketball too? And didn't fire him for three years? And was overruling him time and time again? Stone should be ****ing gone I could care less about his tanking, every idiot can tank and pick top players from draft boards. But you got to be special to build so a dysfunctioning team.

Tilman needs someone in type of Jerry West in this organisation to run the sport sector, just pay Hakeem or ****ing Sam Cassel or whoever who knows what the hell is winning basketball

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

masterclass my ass. he already had more than 5 picks in the first round and we are still rock bottom :) 4 more dont change anything, unless we luck out for Wemby

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So what else was he supposed to get in the Harden trade?

Zen Tabak and Medicine N Music like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People don't get to see other team's rookies and sophs or they see them in another light compared to our rookies and sophs.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Nostradamus Stone knew the Nets would implode. He also found some scrolls that foretold of the second coming of James Harden.

GOATuve and SamFisher like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Deflect away. Fact was Harden only wanted to go to the Nets and Stone did him a solid just like all the other trades he's made with the veteran players that found themselves castaway here. You all can look down on him all you want, but he's played his hand as well as possible considering that being a .500 team with marginal NBA players was not the path they wanted to take. Makes me wonder who you edge lords will point the finger at when it cant be Stone. :rolleyes:

Medicine N Music likes this.
  16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He gets credit for taking the risk. That’s the point of betting on future picks.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen in a thread full of some of the worst posts I have ever seen. TWO DRAFTS! He's had two whole drafts. You guys really thought this team would be completely turned around after two drafts and a roster full of teenagers? Have you never paid attention to a single rebuilding team in the history of the NBA? The only examples of teams going from the bottom of the league to the top in one or two drafts are teams like the Spurs who sat David Robinson and Sean Elliott to get Tim Duncan then brought them back in his rookie year. We had John Wall and Eric Gordon to bring back. WTF.

It really just blows my mind how impatient and short-sighted so many of you are. I think I'm going to start blocking a lot of posters. Even some who I have enjoyed over the years. Because this constant negativity about things being bad when they are going exactly as they are supposed to be going is really starting to wear on me.

Hive5, TriumVirate, Corrosion and 3 others like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You get credit for taking the risk. How it turns out is not in his hands. It was a wise weighing of his options, that's all.

19. Dredd

Dredd Member

Just don't draft any Jabari Smith level players.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Have we traded Eric Gordon yet?

DD