1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radmanovic Injured, Out Eight Weeks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Icehouse, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sorry...the only link I can find it Real GM. I looked on the Lakersboard and they say it's all over their talk radio though.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44780/20070219/radmanovic_injured_out_eight_weeks/

Radmanovic Injured, Out Eight Weeks
    19th February, 2007 - 11:57 pm
    L.A. Times -
    Forward Vladimir Radmanovic is out eight weeks after falling on a patch of ice Saturday in Park City, Utah, and sustaining a separated right shoulder.

Radmanovic told the Lakers he was walking when he slipped. Some pro sports contracts ban players from taking part in activities involving significant risk of injury, such as skiing and snowboarding. It is not known if Radmanovic's contract contained such language.

An MRI exam and CT scan conducted Monday in Los Angeles confirmed the injury as a separated shoulder.

"It's the latest incident in a season-long series of injuries," Lakers spokesman John Black said. "Guys are going to have to step up and fill the void."

Radmanovic, 26, has been a disappointment in the first season of a five-year, $30.2-million contract. He was slowed by a hand injury early in the season and is averaging only 6.9 points and 3.4 rebounds a game.

His tendency to freelance in the triangle offense led Coach Phil Jackson to refer to him as a "space cadet" in December. More recently, Jackson criticized Radmanovic's penchant for shooting unnecessarily because "it just might feel good."

Radmanovic's absence will mean more playing time for Brian Cook, and it could cause the Lakers to take a harder look at 41-year-old Scottie Pippen, who said he would like to come out of a three-year retirement. Kobe Bryant has endorsed Pippen for consideration by the Lakers, although the former Chicago Bulls forward said he would prefer to play for Miami. [READ]

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

this might significantly impact their chances of landing kidd. good

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This will have no impact on the Lakers as a team. Radman was pretty much a bust this season. He is definitely not a PJ type of player. The only impact I see is if the Lakers decide to make a move specifically because of his injury.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

seattle was smart not to resign radman, but i dont know why he regressed so much. too much LA live'n

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As disheartening as it is to hear Radman hurt [/sarcasm], this one snippet took me by surprise

REALLY!? Miami!? He's setting the bar awfully low to make his comeback. Why go to a playoff-bound team with a superstar and a team full of young players when you got a team with one superstar and 30 past-his-prime players? The Heat might have a better chance to get to the Finals than the Lakers, but as far as winning it all right now, they are no where near that level. Miami...makes me laugh. Who's next? Karla?

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

8. kingkow

kingkow Member

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

what an idiot.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is the part that had me confused. Initially I thought 1) they either know something they are not reporting or 2) Radman may need a new agent if slipping while walking goes against his contract.