1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radiohead Remixes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by oomp, Nov 29, 2005.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

http://www.mp3nova.org/2005/11/17/radiohead-me_and_this_army_radiohead_remixes-2005-h8me/

Enjoy. Don't Tell RMT!

:D

Radiohead-Me_And_This_Army_Radiohead_Remixes-2005-h8me

November 17, 2005 at 7:12 am

Panzah Zandahz has released a full album with Radiohead remixes. The album, “Me & This Army’” is the follow-up of the Radiohead breaks & beats 12″. Panzah pays tribute to his favorite band & some of his favorite emcees with this 40 min collage of original remixes, mash ups, & covers.

When PZ’s “Radiohead breaks & beats” 12″ came out, there were a lot of requests for a CD version. But the wax wasn’t really a listening experience, it was a dj tool, it wasn’t entertaining enough to be thrown on a cd “as is”. So here is the product of your demand for entertainment!

The album starts off with the scorpio-fused breakbeat work-out “Everything in Its Wrong Place” & progresses in to a warped version of Cut Chemist’s Litmus Test remix of Gab’s “Chemical alisthenics.” A remix of a remix I guess. Continuing on the Chemist theme MF Doom’s “Change the Beat” gets thrown in to a blender & comes out as a Jurassic 5 tinged re-working of Radiohead’s semi-obscure “Wicked Child.” The real heat is the “My Iron Lung” remix of Daytona 500. HEAT! PZ’s favorite emcee of all time, Edan, finds himself sharing the same meter as Radiohead in a noisy & lo-fi “Rapperfection” mash up of the “National Anthem” off of Kid A. The CD gets down-right weird when PZ covers “Creep” (the most covered RH song, PERIOD) featuring a robotic like-ness of Fred (its kind of a stretch) from “Fitter Happier.” Chord Organs, theremins, they are all there. A 45 minute sunday morning session in the studio led to a goofy & fun exclusive from Sev Statik (of PCM, Tunnel Rats, & Deep Space 5) going off over a re-working of his favorite RH break from Kid A. Sev even manages to share the same track with Kool Keith as “Optimistic” dissolves in to “Paperbag” & Keith lets loose with his usual banter about pecunious bugs & thugs that perpetrate. Two “Hail to Thief” Native Tongue remixes are next on the list & De La’s “Itsoweezee” becomes a completely different animal. An instrumental of PZ’s re-worked “No Suprises” ends off the originals set & the album finishes with three instrumentals that are best utilized by rhyming over in the shower.

PZ describes the album as “nothing to be taken too seriously, it was just a lot of fun to make & I hope that you have fun listening to it.” CD length is 42 minutes and there’s also a 7″ vinyl available with remixes of My Iron Lung and Wicked Child. Order the discs (and listen to some previews of the album on tokenrecluse.com.

Track List
    01. Everything In Its Wrong Place
    02. Idioteque Calisthenics (ft. gift of gab & cut chemist)
    03. Change The Beat - MF Doom (pz wicket child remix)
    04. Daytona 500 - Ghostface (panzah zandahz iron lung remix)
    05. Rapperfection - Edan (ft. mr. lif. national anthem mash-up)
    06. At Ease
    07. Creep (ft. fred from fitter happier)
    08. Me & This Army (ft. sev statik & a ****ty mic)
    09. D.D.T. - Kool Keith (panzah zandazh paperbag remix)
    10. Itsoweezee - De La Soul (pz i will remix)
    11. How Ya Want It - Jungle Brothers (pz punchup remix)
    12. No Surprises (none at all really)
    13. Sooo Tired
    14. You & What Army
    15. Planet Telex Loop
    16. Paranoid Android

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

If you like radiohead and haven't heard it... find the remix of Everything in it's Right Place by Paul Oakenfold.