1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radiohead begin US tour, play new songs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3422, Feb 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm convinced Thom Yorke could release an album of his fart sounds after various meals and people would think it was the greatest musical effort ever. I'm doubly convinced at least 50% of Radiohead fans actually like identifying themselves as such rather than actually liking their music.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Obviously I am aware of the fact that there is no need to justify my fandom to you. Why post?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know, ****ty move on my part. As a poster who always has my tastes in music, women or sports teams called out, I should've known better. It's just been on my mind lately. My bad.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I am a casual fan of Radiohead, if there even is such a thing. I consider "Kid A" and "OK Computer" two of the greatest albums of all time, but did not care for "In Rainbows" or "The King of Limbs". After a certain point, it gets too weird and I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just not smart enough. I wish they would go back to playing guitar just a little bit. I am going to the concert this weekend and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I am kind of scared that it'll just be Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood circle-jerking each other on a synthesizer.

6. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I bought the King of Limbs and downloaded it on the first day it was available - I thought it was god awful. My wife, who is a much bigger Radiohead fan than I am, told me to delete it as we'd never listen to it. We're going to see Radiohead in concert, but only for their older stuff. I just didn't get King of Limbs and frankly didn't feel like listening to it over and over to get into it.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

See I fell in love with Radiohead even more when Thom made "Eraser". In Rainbows is 2nd only to Ok Computer because I just love that sound. Yeah the older stuff is great but the Syth and electro are just so dark that it's like hearing "Pretty Hate Machine" for the first time and saying to myself, "This is my **** right here". To each his own I guess.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I didn't think In Rainbows and King 'o Limbs were weird at all.

Pretty accessible, I thought.

9. Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty Member

Agreed on the recent Radiohead stuff, but I am very interested to see what comes from Atoms for Peace, his side project with Flea, Beck, and others. I really loved Yorke's solo album from around 6 years ago. Wish he'd try another solo album unless Atoms for Peace is a meaningful continuation of The Eraser.

10. Pete the Cheat

In Rainbows was about as accessible an album as they have made. I felt so strongly about it that I passed it around at work the week I bought it to people with varying tastes in music and was suprised to find unanimous appreciation. It was interesting to get peoples takes on their favorite tracks based on their personal tastes in music.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

'Identikit' sounds reallyyy gooooood.

13. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

It gets better with more listens.

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Serious question: would Radiohead be more or less popular if Thom Yorke didn't have his lazy eye to creep everyone out?

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks for posting

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Would you say the song "Creep" is Radiohead's most well-known song and gets the most radio play out of any of their songs?

I only know a few Radiohead songs. I've always been on the fence about this band. I think it is because there are some songs (that I couldn't name) that I really dig but there are also some songs I would not listen to in a million years that I seem to hate. This internal conflict I have has kept me from considering myself as a Radiohead fan. It seems I am not alone from some of the comments in this thread. There seems to be a love/hate thing going on depending on the album.

But, I'm also aware that my exposure to Radiohead music has been more secondary in nature and I have not lept into any particular album to give them a fair shot. Which album would you suggest to check out for someone with limited Radiohead exposure?

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ok computer

here we go again...

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In Rainbows

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

OK Computer is pretty much the best album of the 90's. In Rainbows is just fantastic as well, my favorite album in a long while. The new album is just garbage, kind of like Kid A. I like when they play with their instruments, not with the computer, mash up crap. I get experimenting, but I cannot for the life of me sit through the whole album of The King of Limbs. Just crap.