1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radiohead at The Woodlands - May 17th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Feb 14, 2008.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That's such bulls**t!!!!! Those parasites should be executed!

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Scalpers didn't buy them all. I got pit tickets, as well as several other fans that pulled an all-nighter waiting for them to be released. But leaking the 8am time was just stupid, because that did give scalpers at least the general idea of when they were going on sale, and it turned out to be pretty damn accurate. Some of us actually called WASTE several times in that morning before the pre-sale asking for a hint of when they were really going to be released because we didn't believe the 8am rumor, but they wouldn't tell.

A friend of mine was first at Macy's this morning to buy tickets, and got his tickets right at noon and the best he could score was lawn. Ouch. This show is gonna sell out within a day or two.

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Amex couldnt hook it up...

Looks like the lawn for me

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

This show is completely sold out now. Not even a single lawn ticket is available on ticketmaster. Wow!

5. TreeRollins

Hey Harrisment,

How did you initially find out about this? Did you just check out waste or greenplastic all the time? I want to get on this for their second part of the north american tour. I will fly to the west or east coast if I could get seats like the ones you have.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm a member and post over at atease, so that's how I heard about the pre-sale initially.

www.ateaseweb.com

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Yea, I know scalpers didn't buy them all, but I meant figuratively they probably got a good portion of them. When a ticket selling agency like W.A.S.T.E places no limit to how many ticket one can order , it usually leads to people hoarding tickets for later personal sale.

Today, I was up at 12 noon, and it took 5-7 minutes for Ticketmaster to just process that tickets were available. The best I could do was 4 Lawn Tickets.

I couldn't even place an order for 1 Reserved ticket, as I was trying to do on my other computer.

Alot of demand for this one. Hope it doesn't rain.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well they did limit it to 4 tickets per transaction, so I'm not sure how much more they could limit them. And it's not like a scalper could buy 4 for each venue at once...it would only allow you to do a single venue and 4 tickets max each time before having to start completely over. For nearly every venue there wouldn't have been enough time to go through 2 transacations...they WASTE tickets went too fast to allow that.

I agree with you though, the scalpers did get their hands on a good chunk of them. I am curious why they didn't make all WASTE tickets will-call only like the last tour. I think the only way to really thwart the scalpers is to go the Glastonbury route and require pre-registration, along with passport photo which will appear on the actual ticket and must match up when you try to use it.

9. Mr. Brightside

SXSW this year has made it awfully tough on scalpers to buy wristbands. You have to have a Austin billing address, and then when you show up your name has to be on the pre-registered form. SXSW will then place the wristband on your wrist at that time.

If you buy a second wristband for a friend, you must provide their name beforehand and they must also be present at the time when the wristband is placed on their wrist.

I think you also have to show proof of residence, like a UT ID, or utility bill as well to confirm you are an Austin resident.

Alot of people are complaining about this process.

10. percicles

Is Hot Chip the opening set?

11. Mr. Brightside

That would be amazing. I'm a bigger fan of Hot Chip than Radiohead actually.

12. percicles

I love the new album. Nothing on par with the dance classic Over and Over but it's got some excellent tracks. The Soulwas remix of Ready For the Floor come closest.

13. TreeRollins

Fyi....They just released obstructed view reserved seats. Some are still available if you buy a single ticket.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The still haven't announced the opener, but Hot Chip would be awesome. Another rumored opener that I would love to see is Modeselektor. I'll be seeing both at Coachella in April.

15. Mr. Brightside

wow, a pair of pit tickets are now selling for $1500 on the after sale markets on Craigslist and Ebay. :eek:

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

who are you on atease? I have been posting there since 2001...

EDIT: found ya, that was tough :p

#36 Blake, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  17. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Looks like lawn seats for me, but Im gonna sit back and enjoy.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Lawn tickets are still available. You just have to buy them one at a time. If you hit 2 tix, it comes up as sold out

19. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

one of my favoritest bands from UK.

But i havenot got a chance to be at their concert. ...

Sigh

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Just ebayed my tickets. Got 'em for 80 a piece.

Who all is going for sure?