1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Radio] 93.7 The Arrow ending 20-year run with format flip

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J.R., Dec 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What is this FM radio you speak of? Made the switch to Sirius in 2008 and haven't listened to more than a few minutes of FM since.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Finally. 97.9 needed some competition.

1 person likes this.
  3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Moved to satelite, and haven't regretted it. Can't go back to regular FM now..

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

it can be tough to get a good signal, but I used one in Htown for years with no problems.. Bluetooth speakers might be another solution.

5. carlosc

carlosc Member

Absolutely correct. The Arrow was the worst classic rock station in North America. They could replace it with static and it would be an improvement.

Not only did they have a terrible playlist but on the odd occasion where they would play something from a good band they would pick one of their terrible songs to play. I have no idea who can drive around and listen to that nonsense. No one, now, I guess. Ha ha!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Houston had an EDM station.

7. dragician

dragician Member

Ironically, Red Lobsters' are closing stores...

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

That's fne in my car, but unless you guys know a way to get XM to let me use two different sat radios on one account, I'm stuck with FM in my work truck. As bad as 93.7 was as far as playlists go, to a rock listener there arent any other options other than 106.9.

So, this sucks. Gonna have to get another MP3 player to leave hooked up to work truck.

9. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

In a large city like Houston, every major genre of music needs multiple of competing stations. Rap/Hip-Hop was the only one in Houston that didn't have it. Now we do.

But it always makes me wonder what happens to those DJs and personalities now.

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

It's 2014. Classic Rock is like the Oldies now :grin:

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

unfortunately, the FCC and clear channel are killing competition

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dated a girl whose dad was a DJ in Beaumont back in the day. He was often bounced around from station to station or fired without any notice. He didn't do well with that. Ended up becoming an alcoholic and worse. Unless you're a real big name, it seems like radio DJ would be a bad gig.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I remember when 93Q switched from Top 40 to Rock to Country in the span of a month.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

With the radio I have, you can just take out the radio and the antenna and auxillary stay connected to the vehicle. You could get two mounts, antennas, power and auxillary cables and you could just move the radio back and forth as you need it. Of course, that wouldn't help if you had XM built in in your car.

15. Buck Turgidson

KUTX out of Austin, KFAN in Johnson City/Fredericksburg, KBAY? in Marble Falls, Ksomething in San Saba; I get my local news & happenings and some good tunes as well.

But then again I'm just a simple unfrozen hippie redneck caveman, your technology frightens and confuses me.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Really enjoying this new station. Very few commercials and more diverse hip hop than the 6 songs they play on 97.9

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah....thats exactly what we need.....I feel like everyone is jumping on the EDM bandwagon. Please no!

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"REAL Hip Hop."
    Yes. Beyoncé and Rihanna. YES, REAL HIP HOP. Hurray. :rolleyes:

Why can't they have an OLD SCHOOL Hip Hop / Rap radio station that has Eric B. & Rakim, Public Enemy, KRS-1, Too Short, NWA, etc.?

We don't need to encourage Kanye West.
    That's ONE word? :p

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seems a common want in these parts.

Rocket River
    wish they could make it happen

20. Indaface

Indaface Member

I would also like to add a classic hip/hop but also with old school houston rap station.