1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radical muslim cleric calls on islamists to behead Geert Wilders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Sep 3, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

New Wilders Death Threat

LONDON Right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders is in trouble again. A well-known radical Australian cleric is calling for his death by “beheading” following comments Wilders made to Australian television in which he described Islam as “r****ded” and “violent.”
    The audio message from Feiz Mohammed, was first posted by the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. While one security source claims the tape could have been recorded earlier, a London-based terror expert tells Fox News he believes it is “the real thing.”
    “You’ve got take this seriously,” Robin Simcox, from the Centre for Social Cohesion noted, “the jihadists stay across this web site.”
    Wilder’s anti-Islamic views have earned him notoriety…and protection. Dutch authorities tell Fox News they are already providing him with “…the highest level of security that’s possible” and so won’t be adding any more.
    Still, in a message to a Dutch news agency, Wilders says he is “shocked” by the threat and wants to know why he wasn’t informed earlier.
    Wilders' aides tell Fox he still plans to make a trip to New York next week to speak at a protest against the controversial Islamic center planned for a location near Ground Zero.
    Wilder’s Freedom party did well in recent Dutch parliamentary elections and could play a still-to-be-finalized role in a future government. He also faces a trial next month for inciting hatred against Muslims.

Read more: http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/09/03/new-wilders-death-threat/#ixzz0yUL0OFcO

--------------------------

How is this guy

a) a cleric
    b) not in jail yet?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One guy hates Islam, the other guy loves it, and escalation of rhetoric ensues.

DD

3. mc mark

mc mark Member

must have got the idea from Gov Brewer

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

A death threat and incitement to kill someone is pretty much the maximum "escalation of rhetoric"...and not just rhetoric. Others have been killed after and because of similar death threats. I don't understand that the guy is not in jail yet.

5. AMS

AMS Member

Wait, What exactly did Feiz say? There are no quotes in that link.

6. Depressio

Depressio Member

Wow, I agree with and liked what DD said? WHAT IS GOIN' ON IN HUR

When angry idiots shout at each other, eventually someone's going to offer to kill the other.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oq-T7x1bDOI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oq-T7x1bDOI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah that is really bad, whatever happened to "turn the other cheek"?

I wonder if he broke the law though, because all he said was that the penalty for mocking or laughing at Islam is death, and if they were in a Muslim controlled country, he would have been beheaded.

I hope Islam is actually not that intolerant....

DD

9. moose

moose Member

That is disgusting. Pure example of extreme Wahabbism in Europe.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe the hate preacher is based in Australia.

11. moose

moose Member

Oh he must be there now, I remember seeing him in the undercover mosque story in UK.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

That's disgusting....there's no defense for it.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

Mike Tyson could up that. I don't believe that anybody's threatened to eat Geert Wilders' children yet.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hREt7nfwexw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hREt7nfwexw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&start=22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Of course I heard about this, it is terrible that that guy said those things. Like stated before people like that Are idiots.

I have stated before I do not agree with almost anything Wilders says, I'm also disgusted by the way he tries to divide the country instead of bringing it together. But Saying he should be beheaded is even worse.

That being said. I'm so happy that Wilders will not be part of our government (in any way). A person who claims to be a defender of freedom of speech, but want a person to be fired because she called him a Fascist should not be part of any government.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why? I respect your negative opinion about him, but he is not a fascist...and being called a fascist is an insult that in many jurisdictions (not sure about Dutch law) would be sanctioned by criminal law. Freedom of speech is not unlimited.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Being called a fascist is of course an insult. And I'm not saying he is one. But Wilders is the person who insults Muslims all the time and calls the Prime minister of Turkey a r****d. He is the person who always says that freedom of speech is unlimited. But apparently not when it is about him.

He himself is under investigation because of all the hateful things he has said (which he finds appalling because freedom of speech is unlimited).

Like I said before he is a hypocrite. He want to be able to say whatever he wants about other, and insult everybody (freedom of speech is unlimited, otherwise it is not freedom of speech), but he gets upset when people say bad things about him. IMHO you cannot have it that way, it is either all ok, or you have to be careful with what you say, and not try to insult people all the time.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Didn't he say Islam is r****ded and that Erdogan is a total freak?

I wouldn't choose the wording of the first statement, but I would agree that Erdogan is a total freak. I'd say that there is a difference between calling someone a "total freak" or a fascist.