1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Racist Chinese Laundry Detergent Commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 27, 2016.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Looks like she wants the D!

As in detergent. She wants laundry detergent.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I thought you were saying D as in Defense. And that white players are generally the ones willing to play defense.

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Have you been checked for yellow fever?

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

How many asians do you actually know, beyond formalities?

Chinese and Indians are extremely racist towards minorities , Chinese in particular . It's systematic and prevalent throughout generations , especially amongst the affluent making a living in the west and brown nosing whites as they jockey for social position. There's also snobbery towards professions that don't give off the image of prosperity and status even if they make good money, such as bartending.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but a few years ago I was being vigorously ****ed by a taiwanese stewardess and an Asian VJ (video jockey). They both never sat next to black men and said it was because they didn't want to give them the wrong ideas. Rape jokes and low social intelligence were consistently implied from their parents as well. Every other minority was seen as a B-flick stereotype and based on relationships and associations , you knew they truly believed it.

It's one of the more blatant cases of non-Muslim related hypocrisy I can think of. Shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, Asians.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chavez would have opposed Trump's bigoted statements. Chavez didn't have people go to the border with weapons like the minutemen. Yes, he was against illegal immigration. That doesn't make him a racist.

I don't have to romanticize his perseverance and accomplishments.

Malcolm X moved away from his racism. He learned, he changed, he progressed. In addition to that he also focused a huge spotlight on the far more serious problem of racism against the black community, and the double standard facing blacks. Part of the reason he was able to do that was he didn't just accept things and move on.

You were welcome to advocate acceptance of injustice, and the idea that people should just move on, and not worry about it. My only point is that people (such as Malcolm X and Caesar Chavez) who have accomplished far greater things during their run on this earth than you or I likely will wouldn't really fall into most folks' idea of what a loser is.

2 people like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....in favor of his own. Awesome. Anyway spin, ignore, attack.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Commercial shouldn't surprise anyone

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yall should all apologize for being at a starbucks

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That ad had everything, racism, humor, mildly attractive asian girl. 5 stars!

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F0Ea3A0w-hA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The original ad that the Chinese company copied.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4d0uYfyzFhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How racist, we must march on Washington!!!!!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope they are not airing it

I am there now but I never heard of a Qiaobi brand

Who washes a human and advertise that?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I knew that would make you crap in your tidy widy's!

Why don't you try thinking with your brain instead of your arse and think about something - what's the difference between these two ads? I mean other than you got a white guy turning black in one, and a black guy turning yellow in another. Think bobby boy, for god sakes, use your brain! You can do it!

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'm sure that was your intention, but you'll find there won't be any actual outrage because only some people are feeble minded enough to get worked up over a funny commercial.

16. amaru

amaru Member

It bothered me on a personal level because it reminded me of how my mother was basically cast aside by her Chinese mother because of her father's African heritage. Not all of my Chinese family members share this same sentiment, but it still exists with quite of few of the those in the older generation. They won't even associate with us.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I mean you are the only one in this thread so far who has gotten worked up, Bobby. Are you calling yourself feeble minded?

I am curious - do you see the difference in the two commercials?

Did you know that in China, the discussion around this commercial by Chinese was that it was overwhelmingly racist? So I am curious why you find it funny when even the intended audience doesn't.

Bobby, it's ok. You can bring out your white robes. Come out of the closet, Bobby.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm glad that white people had the decency to make the non racist version of the Chinese ad. It shows how far whites have grown in making reparations to the blacks.

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

This is the part of the world that invented "Double-White"

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't gotten worked up at all, I've actually only made fun of r****ds like you that got upset about a funny commercial.

There really isn't much difference between the two commercials other than the Asian one isn't trying to explicitly say that one skin tone is better than another and the Italian one is. The real difference is how they are received. Some people are just looking to be a victim and looking for excuses to whine and b****. I think the different way the 2 commercials were received highlights that.

Again though, I really don't know why I'm bothering with you, it's not like it'll lead anywhere you lack the mental capacity for intelligent conversation.