1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Librals constantly talk about how the system is against black kids and wonder why they have no hope

JumpMan likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Some humans don't try. Saying that the current wealth and crime disparity between races is accounted for by laziness is a racist sentiment but I understand the op isn't completely attributing it to that but he's attributing SOME of it to that.

When you do relative comparisons you have to look at relative traits. I believe there is no inherent difference in the races where black people would inherently be more lazy. So that means both races have a similar proportion of lazy people so that means that factor cancels out unless of course people believe black people are disproportionately more lazy.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually i said i need it defined in particulars before i responded

4. Senator

Senator Member

Cops kill 9 unarmed black men each year.

They kill 13 unarmed white men each year.

Problem ain't the cops.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Teenage Black kids don't read the Atlantic. They merely are reacting to the conditions around them.

ElPigto likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

As if the only bad interactions that can happen between law enforcement and civilians is death by cop.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is true and doubly hard for black people who don't fail upwards.

Nobody said the current disparity is because of laziness I have no idea why you went there, nobody is talking about inherent differences, stop being so touchy.

I just know that in the 80's several generations of people realized it was easier to have kids and get a check than to work a low wage job that also was compounded by crack.

Not saying this is just a black problem but it has seemed to affect the black population greater probably because blacks had lesser safety nets.

I have and are currently living this, what is your base of knowledge.

I will say pgabs is right on one thing playing the blame game gets us nowhere.

Invisible Fan, JumpMan and RayRay10 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ignoring Senator and Pgabs this is a great topic.

Would like @RayRay10 to weigh on what me and FC are talking about.

I know this is 3rd rail for a lot of light skin posters.:D

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

I don't see it as playing the blame game. I see it as understanding the root issues to solve actual problems. If you believe welfare is a cause then you will try to lessen the safety nets. You are playing into the hands of people who want to eliminate safety nets.

There is no statisitical data to suggest that welfare incentivizes making more babies. That's a racist trope. I know how anecdotes work. People see one to a few real life examples of this "lazy welfare" phenomenon and believe it's a systemic issue when the data doesn't back or up.

I've seen this even with people of my own ethnoco who are successful and base their narratives off of a few anecdotes.

The thing is when the median black person is lazy, it disproportionately hurts them more than when the median white person is lazy as you suggest.

10. Senator

Senator Member

Nobody cares what you've been brainwashed to believe. We have seen patterns emerge over millions of people for centuries. None of it would be bad if it didn't results in so many problems, but because it does, it should be addressed. The cops aren't called out to protect black people from white people, they are called to protect black people from black people.

11. fchowd0311

The cops don't protect. They enforce laws and arrive at violent crime scenes after the fact the vast majority of the time.

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Putting me on the spot huh...;)

I'll go back through the thread and re-read to try to formulate a solid opinion. I was following, but mostly skimming through...busy day at work today.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Member

... so why are these violent crime scenes happening? At record rates when Obama was President? When there are more whites and hispanics living in poverty in the US than AA... so being poor not excuse.

14. fchowd0311

Do you understand what proportions are?

Question. Do you think African Americans are genetically predisposed to being more violent?

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. This is good **** man. Some people are so far removed from what the hell is going on in society that they no longer have common sense and apply their specific life situation to every ****ing argument.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Se that's just it and some of the issues I have with liberalism.

It does not matter how you see it as, I am living it and see it 1st hand in school and in extended family.

Once again you are trying to tie me down and say I am blaming it on one specific thing, I am not its a range of issues and they all are important.

There does not need to be statistical evidence I have heard straight from the horses mouth more than I can count on both hands.

So now I am a racist. FU.

Once again this is not a only about black people I have seen white folks saying and doing the same.

What makes you the expert on any of this.

Can you show me the data where I am wrong?

How do you get data for laziness?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

I'm calling you a racist? I don't know why you have to attack "liberalism". I'm merely expressing what I've read. Anecdotally I can find counter narratives to yours so who do I believe?

Anyways:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIERAC&usg=AOvVaw1b1xOz1QfrSbMmIoaD1C6D

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wrote the North Forest post because im tired of blacks saying we know how to run ****
    It was bad until the crack epidemic. A recurring theme

19. Senator

Senator Member

Yes, it is lacking in common sense to preach a life of entitlement. The immigrant kids, legal and illegal, who started with less don't have all these issues. They definitely don't make the excuses.

20. fchowd0311

Probably because those immigrants kids weren't subjected to 300 years of racial based slavery and an additional 100 years of Jim Crow.

Also most immigrants especially from Asia and Africa come here from some form of merit based immigration which means you are comparing a population that goes through a selection filter to gen pop which is dumb.

rocketsjudoka likes this.