1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ah yes because engineers are magically made straight from birth to college.

The stuff in-between were there is a 23 billion dollar funding gap in k-12 education between black majority neighborhoods and white majority neighborhoods even accounting for population differences has no role to play.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

Are you referring to redlining? After WW2 when the housing boom was at it's highest were white blue collar workers with nothing more than a high school degree were handed cheap mortgages like candy, black families even when financially qualified were denied those cheap mortgages hence setting the modern predicament of black families disproportionately stuck paying rent compared to white families were they cannot gain any equity which results in that 1000% wealth gap

3. fchowd0311

If you aren't going to express any intellectual curiosity to actually read the methods to formulate that number, why even bother posting besides being an edgelord and trolling?

#103 fchowd0311, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  4. fchowd0311

You don't even know how that sentiment is racist. It implies that black people don't try.

5. fchowd0311

It's so easy to call out your bs. We already have data that accounts for state and federal supplemental funding of local k-12 districts:

[​IMG]

As you can see your claims are total bs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Sure. But America has some extra special sauce because it was literally the last industrialized nation on the planet to ban slavery.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually agree with this.

A lot of blacks get sucked into a victim mentality and just give up because its to hard.

Thats a cop out but it still does not mean things are stacked against us.

I also blame it on liberals pushing a welfare state during the 60's and 70's instead of creating better opportunities through education and training.

#107 jiggyfly, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    MexAmercnMoose and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hard to lift yourself up when someone has their knee on your neck.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this but it seemed you went looking for something to disagree with and landed on that, I could be mistaken but that's how it seemed especially when you claimed that proved bias.

Never thought you were endorsing it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I grew up in a black school district. A rarity. North Forest ISD. Aminsritors have gone to jail for stealing from their fund.

Its been taken over by HISD. Its arguably the worst district eva in US history. Its a large reason i attended Catholic School

The irony is it was founded by white Houstonians in what is still remote North East Houston who saw segregation coming in the 1920s.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You worked in lending yet did not know what a credit profile was or had to do with the conversation.

Seems legit.

A credit profile is more than a credit score, I have not worked in lending and I know that

Nobody said blacks were not lent to they said they were charged more interest and got lower loans, once again you missed the salient points.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And black people still have jobs money ec etc. Its really no big deal because its not a hindrance

I dont walk around thinking about how much money whites got and don't give a ****. I fine

Corrosion likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to speak for MexAmericanMoose and I can see how what he said that could be interpreted as racist but I did want to follow up on his point because I think it is relevant to solutions that Rochester proposed. It sounds like that Rochester is proposing not just new investment into black communities but also blacks reinvesting back into black communities. This is something that immigrant communities have done and from what I remember reading Malcolm X was something that he had proposed.

One odd part of history is that under segregation there were vibrant black communities such as Black Wall Street but also Harlem and even in Houston. Those communities survived largely because capital stayed in them. Blacks who did get a measure of success couldn't spend their money elsewhere because of segregation so kept it local. Besides Black Wall Street being destroyed from racism many of those communities ended up suffering when desegregation allowed for a flight of capital out of those communities and while those communities still remained black they also became relatively poorer as better off blacks both spent their money elsewhere also could move themselves out of those communities. In some cases other immigrant groups such as Asians moved in and took advantage of devalued property. Even as Asians got more successful they reinvested a lot of their capital back into their own community rather than taking it out. In this way as a group there was a positive wealth generation.

The way I see the argument isn't that black people aren't trying as there are successful black people but they aren't reinvesting back into and as such there are black neighborhoods that are remaining poor.

14. Senator

Senator Member

What does it say when all that "work" has been replaced by machines ? I think it should go to African tribal leaders for selling these people to colonists like they were property (disgusting, but they did it).
    The problem is the new generations of African Americans haven't been able to compete with legal and illegal immigrants for work and haven't been able to innovate within their communities, leading to violence, drugs and finger pointing at everyone but themselves. It's no different to KKK nut jobs.
    If someone feels entitled to reparations, shouldn't they volunteer to build their own society/county with that money since they could not contribute to the current one?

15. Senator

Senator Member

Nope, read the post above. Hip hop culture, celebrating George Floyd etc. is just a byproduct of an inability to compete with the illegal and legal immigrants that flooded America and contributed greatly to technological innovation. Not to mention when I'm honest with you i'm... racist... but when candice owens keeps it real, what word do you have for her?

16. fchowd0311

Ya I actually tried to explain that phenomenon with some right wing posters here before when they attribute the decline in urban black neighborhoods to "welfare" when it's because of the phenomenon you claimed which is essentially "brain drain" of these poor communties after desegregation. All the top students in those communties left to go to college and move to the suburbs when they finally were allowed to due to the civil rights act.

But can you blame those individual black people who did well in school and decided to seek opportunities outside their neighborhood that has little to no career opportunities in the fields they studied? It's a difficult dilemma. Currently there might be enough successful wealthy black families that actually might have the power to reinvest today and I'm sure many of them are. I just don't know enough about this to know if it's enough.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

**** you. What you are a Proud Boy? As I said before, hard to compete when there is a knee on your neck.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I grew up with some of my best friends going to Forest Brook and it was not always so bad.

Administrators stealing funds from school districts is not just a black thing.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/p...ie-texas-independent-school-district-indicted

This is why no one takes you seriously.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That sentiment is not racist and some black people do not try.

Let's be real.

And yes I am black.

20. fchowd0311

Do you understand what "median" means. The median white household has 1000% of the wealth of a median black household. You think that gap is sustainable were it won't cause riots and black people looking into Marxism? How naive are you?

You are making it really obvious that you aren't a sincere poster.