1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Texas and damn near every state has Robin Hood laws to address this.

HISD is a district that has to share because it has excess

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

A few months out of U of H and with a salary energy job, Sterling McCall Lexus offered me 28% on a $7,900 Grand Cherokee with my mom (pharmacist, multiple home and land owner) co-signing, my dad (process engineer) was there as well and agreed to cover the cost if I wrote him a check clearing out my savings, so then and to now every car is paid cash. There's all kinds of discretion and subjectivity at the point of sale, some of it just to make up for haircuts in the rest of the portfolio, but also to screw over groups of people you assume can't make choices in a blacuum.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. The 90s had the largest increase in Black wealth in History (under Bill Clinton). Crack really died out by mid-90s (of course it was still around....but the insane violence around it had calmed). The big problem were the sentencing laws didn't not change with the move away from Crack. Racism is obvious in the reaction to the opioid crisis vs crack.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Robin Hood doesn't fix the problem. Hate to tell you. AND it is MORE than about just money.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Before Netflix's When They See Us Ken Burns in 2012 did an outstanding documentary on The Central Park Five. It starts out talking about the social climate in NYC at the time and the crack epidemic.

One thing it points out is that crack was so violent because kids were making so much money and therefore could buy guns.

I know several people killed selling crack. Sentences were harsh because law enforcement didn't know what to do

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly its broken homes. i can't stand educated negroes b****ing about the school system when teachers of all races go in armed with their hope to rry to help kids whose parents don't give a ****

JumpMan likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Mr.Scarface

The irony of the last post is a lot of the same said educated negros got something from public schools not because they went to public schools in an alternate universe but because their parents cared

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Assign a temporary multiplier to votes. White vote = .3, black = 2.5, native american = 800, etc... and set it to expire in 2070.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you really gonna debate the free labor aspect?

If the labor was not substantially cheaper why did slavery last so long?

Sounds like you want to get into a semantics argument.

What do you think these cost were in the scheme of things?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This sums up all you need to know about pgabs.

He is arguing for 2 pages and does not know how a credit profile factors into the discussion.

HA!

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Instead of feeling the need to respond, you could always wait until you have an hour or two to actually discuss. It's really foolish to enter a conversation unprepared and then keep making yourself even look more foolish by responding and not even bothering to look through other people's references they are providing you.

When I don't have time to have a discussion, I simply just come back at a later time. That's the beauty of message forums, facebook, etc that you can come back to the conversation later and actually have meaningful discussion because you are more prepared.

12. MexAmercnMoose

racism is out there for sure, especially towards black people....but at some point there needs to be some sort of personal accountability and willingness to help out your own kind...look at us illegals, we try to help each other because we realize we are at the bottom of American society...same thing with knowing we have it stacked against us (no papers=no existence in this country), we can either let that mentality dictate our future or do something about it economically...in our case, mostly take the jobs Americans don't want

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dick rider

I worked in lending. The first problem with the premise is banks want to deny people who have demonstrated good credit. Loan officees where i worked and business development people in bigger banks are under pressure to find customers.

It would be simple to limit the analysis to credit scores but when you introduce other factors it becomes more complicated because banks apply different standards

Since ive already said this and all you have done is peanut gallery me all we know about you is you're a dick rider who doesn't know ****

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not really debating it, just important to make the distinction. I didn't start the tally, just add in all costs and don't be biased about it.

Cost wise, take a look at the rise in industrialization and the decline of acceptance for slavery. There's an economic theme.

Slavery turns my stomach and it's alive and well right now. It's still a scourge here in America. One of the major things cops look out for is human trafficking. It's disgusting and it should warrant some cruel and unusual punishment. I'm not endorsing it by any means at all.

Corrosion, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually it doesn't matter. There is nothing in the speciics, there is nothing new being said.

Is this this dude saying anything different feom all the other systematic racism pieces other than his made up number?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Liberals

Banks applying credit standards=racism

Banks loosening credit standards=predatory lending

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure it doesn't, because you can't seem to stop responding to others?

Maybe it's just me, but when I don't care to engage in something, I ignore it. Or when I believe it's just rehashed information, I also ignore, because I don't care.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think you've doubly confused "standards" with shuttering the entire development, construction, lending and sales pipeline by expressly excluding blacks, and then enterprise-wide drafting of mid-six-figure adjustable rate notes without personal asset or cash flow documentation of any kind.

Nook, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except the people who say "slavery was over a hundred years ago, get over it".

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The wealth gap isn't a problem?

The median white family owning 1000% of the wealth of a median black family as of today isn't a problem even though that level of wealth gap purely determined on racial lines is third world apartheid levels?

Nook likes this.