1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Racine Journal Times] Rumor: Landry to Milwaukee for Villanueva?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJNICK, Dec 26, 2008.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

F#$K this trade.

Unless Landry is doing something behind the scenes I don't know about, this is an absolutely ridiculous trade.

Morey has been genius but I can't see any point behind this at all.

Scolandry must remain intact.

2. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Some picks would be nice since the Rockets don't have any this upcoming draft.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if Head and Hayes were traded for Charlie V,there would be no room for him with Scola and Landry IMO.

4. worzel gummidge

Villanueva's preferred position is SF. With T-Mac, Battier, and Artest all playing hurt he'd have minutes there, spot minutes at PF, and he can also cover C.

5. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

+100

Everyone together now

YOUUUU SHALL NOT PASSS!!!
    /Gandalf

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And you shudnt have tried to twist it if you dont understand Chinese.
    It says "Tell me its not true, I like Landry! We Chinese fans like Landry."

7. nancychang

nancychang Member

I‘m already a RA hater, don't make me a Morey hater...

I'm stupid enough,but if this is true, Morey is more stupid! :mad:

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I'd give up Scola before Landry in any trade scenario.

Scola is almost 29. Landry just turned 25 and has more upside.

Landry is our version of the super undersized PF that includes the likes of Paul Millsap, Jason Maxiell and Brandon Bass.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

It could mean "I throw shoes at Bush figurines in my spare time" and 99% of this forum wouldn't know; ya know, that thing about posting in Mandarin...on an English forum. not advised

10. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

11. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I actually like Villanueva a LOT.
    He was the starter at Bucks the year before Yi was drafted, scored consistently in double digit, played pretty good defense, very athletic, and with size of course.

Then Yi was drafted, seemingly with promise of being the starter. So Yi started, and Villanueva did not complain (as far as I can glean from the news). Yi started for about half the season, didn't do well (offensively or defensively), so Villanueva was back, and he was the beast he was before, not missing a step.

Anyway, I've seen Villanueva play maybe about 10 games - he is hands down a better player than Landry. He will start ahead of Scola if we get him.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

there's no way villanueva can cover center, maybe against just a few teams in the league, but that's a stretch

13. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Horrible trade, just say no!

KD

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Posting in Chinese is allowed on this board.
    What you could have done is simply ask for translation or just ignore it.

15. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

i dont know about this trade i would wait until closer to the deadline to make this deal, i've heard that once we trade for mihm that he would also pretty much be shipped out again but i dont really know Charlie V is a chucker but he's a bigger and more athletic PF than we currently have honestly i think he would thrive in this system.... but if we could i would rather get someone like Wilcox

plus why mess up a good thing we would be the first team to ever have 3 sophmores play in the rookie challenge

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just because they are all undersized doesn't mean they are equal talents. Millsap is putting up 20 and 10 consistently as a starter. None of those other guys could do that, including Landry. Maxiell is mostly defense. Bass is well rounded, but doesn't do anything great. Landry can't consistently get big numbers, he's good for 12 and 7 every night, but if you give him starter's minutes, he will be up and down. His game depends a lot on the rest of the Rockets, if they play well then Landry can roam and wreck havoc, but you can't give him the ball and expect him to get his consistently, like Millsap. Villanueva is similar to millsap in that he can get his own stats without needing to feed off of teammates. I think the Rockets realize Landry's ceiling isn't too far off and Villanueva can definitely get 10 and 6 in 20 mins (filling Landry's current role/stats), but also gives them another player who can get 20 or 30 points more than 2 or 3 times a year.

17. worzel gummidge

18. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

This.

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

No thanks.

20. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Hey guys it looks like you might also recieve Chris Mihm while Tyrone Lue comes to the Lakers.. although I prefer Head :eek: ;)