1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Racine Journal Times] Rumor: Landry to Milwaukee for Villanueva?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJNICK, Dec 26, 2008.

1. MandM's

MandM's Member

V is a big scorer....i'd do it

2. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

The guy had a career high 48 points,We need some offense right now Yall + we get mihm we get a big who can do the same thing landry does.

3. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I dont understand how people rate moves until they unfold. And to go by stats is not going to tell the whole truth. I feel Charlie could succeed in this system and gives the rockets more flexibility.

4. Tornadoofsoul6

Another thing I don't like about this rumor; Would the Rockets really want to resign Villanueva next year? With Ron Artest looking for a contract too?

5. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Bucks rape this trade.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Villaneuva is a SOFT chucker who has never won- a Juwan Howard clone, or a rich man's skinny Mo Taylor. Say no to this deal Morey.

8. King901

King901 Member

lmao excellent

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Do it, I seen CV play , he can score much more easily than Landry. And to get Mihm , its a no brainer. Loved Landry last year, but I mentioned a couple of days ago that he is slacking compared to last year.

10. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Has Mihm shown any life recently?

I don't see this as a major upgrade. You could do it, sure, but I'd rather our GM be focusing on the team's bigger opportunity areas.

11. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

CV is not a better scorer than Landry!!! He shoots 42% for the field and only averages 12 ppg. He's lazy from all reports I've heard and is a horrible defender, no effort whatsoever.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and perhaps its only a back up plan incase we don't get Deke...its possible the rockets waited too long and Houston is no longer deke's #1 option so the Rockets figured they needed a deal to get more size..

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

FG% isn't everything...Landry mostly gets dunks and easy layups, so his FG% is always going to be higher...he's not a horrible defender either, he's ok, just not a good or great defender, but gets some weakside blocks. He "only" averages 13ppg because his minutes are limited due to the many forwards Milwauke has.

14. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He has a career high 48 points in one game

15. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Mihm's problem is he is playing behind Bynum,Gasol, and Odom

16. worzel gummidge

Landry + Head for Villanueva + Mihm = No Deke

via brewhoop.com
    WSSP @ http://www.sportsradio1250.com/
    [​IMG]

latest update
    [​IMG]

17. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I disagree. Our bench is the definition of hustle. I've never once seen Landry not go for a loose ball. Yeah he's been off for a few games, but who isn't?

18. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

That was ONE game, with Toronto back when they were atrocious. Trust me, I've seen him play, this guy is NOT a better scorer than Landry. Landry is more efficient, and a much better inside the paint than V.

19. Glacier

Glacier Member

Morey, don't do this trade, please! CV may be not a bad offensive player. But on the defensive end, he is almost useless. So he's really not an upgrade over Landry.

20. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Stupid trade. Landry does hustle and brings tons of energy off the bench. And, now he has a decent jumper.

Of course his numbers don't equal CV's, Villanueva doesn't play with Yao....or Scola....or Artest....or the shadow of Tracy McGrady. Hell even Aaron would be a major player for them.

I agree we need size, but trading Carl isn't the answer. How important was he last year for that awesome run we had?

As for CV's potential, all potential means is that you haven't done anything. Stromile Swift had tons of potential. Bonzi Wells had tons of potential. Steve's second stint had tons of potential. The late Eddie Griffin probably had more unrealized potential than anybody, God rest his soul.

When will some of you learn?