1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Racine Journal Times] Rumor: Landry to Milwaukee for Villanueva?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJNICK, Dec 26, 2008.

1. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Thats why we have Von Wafer.

2. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Mihm isnt good enough. He cant be our backup center.

3. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

are u crazy?why do u like Villanueva so much? i can't even spell his name,
    u mean the substitude for YI when he in Milwaukee?

4. LoveRoxHateJazz

for what?

This trade is a rumor. It won't happen.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'd do this trade. We need a PF with some length and shooting ability. Check. We need a backup C. Check.

Carl's a fun guy to root for, but Charlie has more skills and more upside.

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want another player w/ villanueva if we're going to make the trade..Sessions or Bell will do..

7. King901

King901 Member

I dont know if it's true or not, but the numbers work out over the trade machine. CV would stretch the court and isn't afraid to dunk on someone. Mihm is just another big body. Think of how personal he would take it when we go vs the Lakers......I don't think Landry has lived up to what they thought of him or they wouldn't be trying to trade him....Luther.....Enough said....

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Charlie has more potential and will spread the floor.

9. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Trust me, rockets dont want to trade for Villanueva. Dude play no defense at all. And on offense, all Villanueva does is chuck up threes. There is a reason why he coming off the bench for Bucks and not starting.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, I just don't know about this rumored trade. Charlie V has skills when he wants to play, but he is lazy. Landry is....Landry.....a hustling ball of energy, BUT with a limited ceiling.

That being said, I'd probably do it for the size, athleticism and true talent Charlie V can bring to the court. His ceiling is still higher than Landry.

11. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

He is 6'11" playing like 6'7" without the quickness.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

This makes no sense, as Villanueva is just Mo Taylor 2.0, a jumpshooting black hole who will never play in the paint.

I can see as swinging a trade to get Mihm, but Landry is such a bargain at his salary that there's no chance Morey will trade him for anything less than a star.

13. yaorta

yaorta Member

charlie doesn't have D, not to mention his unspellable name

14. worzel gummidge

Landry cannot be traded without his permission for a year.

I'm guessing it's the Bucks who are highly interested in this by all the news originating from Milwaukee media about Landry leaving Houston ever since the off-season.

Trading Landry for CharlieV, Morey would be setting himself up for another off-season dealing with a restricted free agent. Also his qualifying offer starts at $4.6M.

I'd be disappointed if the Rockets traded Landry and all they got was Villanueva.

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

If he's coming off the bench and we get Mihm also, he wont have to be a stopper on D. He will just have to play his role. Rebound, score, pass. He can do that.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Charlie V brings little energy despite being a reasonable faceup 4 who occasionally rebounds well at times. I too would hesitate to trade Landry for him.

17. Tornadoofsoul6

I'm not a fan of Charlie V., takes too many wild chuck shots; sort of like Tmac's heat check 3's. He doesn't bring the energy and hustle that Landry brings, which a bench player should always have IMO. He can score in bunches though.

If they include Joe Alexander though, sure.

18. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

I hope this rumor isn't true, I'd much rather keep Landry and all that he brings off the bench...

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I for one don't believe in this rumor. Even if the Bucks want Landry,I don't think Morey will do it.
    CV is a Mo Taylor 2.0.

#59 saleem, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  20. King901

King901 Member

Are the Rockets saying anything though? In a blog i read these past few days, they said the Rockets have been looking for players like Scot Paget or whatever his name is to stretch the floor and shoot 3's> That's the reason why they drafted Novak, but it could be the reason they might get C.V.