1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial Hysteria Triumphs on Campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 10, 2015.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

https://youtu.be/A8UTj8lQJhY?t=176

LOL exactly at 2:56 of this video, you clearly hear "BLACK PEOPLE CAN'T BE RACIST"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

#281 krnxsnoopy, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

George Orwell came back to life so he could dig a bigger grave to roll around in.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I know you are being facetious, but black people don't get excused from class because someone called them a name. You also don't get to go to school on an athletics scholarship if you refuse to participate in athletics.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is all true, I still don't know what you are taking issue with in the most I made. I never said that Reporters don't have that right. Or that there should not be a discussion. Or that there should be a "safe speech zone". This is a bit of a strawman.

Yeah, just because a few people say it means the entire protest is about exactly that???? Most people in the crowd didn't silence the Asian woman, they silenced the people trying to silence her!

Big difference between calling someone a name and intimidating / threatening them. BIG difference. Trying to excuse threats and intimidation as "name-calling" is just another way of marginalizing minorities.

As for scholarships - they are not obligated to play in a football game. The school can take away their scholarships if that is what is in the language, but there is no law saying they have to show up and play. It's not a fascist country and the school does not "own" the players.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They should probably be excused while there are death threats being investigated that finally resulted in arrests and charges filed. Derpy derp derp, another fabulous StupidMonker opinion.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n1tFbZ5kaY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All of this really isn't new at all.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well known liberal attorney Alan Dershowitz weighs in with some accurate and insightful observations (video at the link):

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dershowitz is pretty cool.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really want to know EXPLICTLY, what these 'ideas' are that are trying to be exchanged, but these nazi students aren't allowing? Is it the idea of calling black folks "nig*ers"? Is that the idea that the opposition to the protesters are butt hurt about that they can't express without scorn from the other side?

Please, MojoMan, I need some nuance. What 'ideas' are being 'banned'?

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

A bunch of comedians, from Seinfeld to Larry the Cable Guy to Chris Rock have stopped touring college campuses because the overly politically correct environment that has been fostered on them the last 15 years. It's really getting out of control at this point. I would not have enjoyed college as much if I had attended with a bunch of humorless political correct police.

Racism is bad. Overly sensitive political correctness is also bad. When Seinfeld feels like he is being painted into a politically correct corner, something is REALLY off.

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

People wanted peaceful protest, they got them.

I thought thats what everyone wanted.

Whats the problem?

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Of course not. I think the idea is that no dialog can happen if one side won't even let the other one speak. Take the Yale example. The professor made an attempt to have a reasonable dialog with the students and they refused to listen. How is anything ever going to get fixed if the "solution" is that if you see something that offends you, then start yelling, make irrational demands, give ultimatums like hunger striking and refusing to play football. And all the while never even attempt to come to some understanding. Do you really think this type of action is going to make matters worse or better? All it does is make sympathetic people turn against your case, because the way you handled it makes it look like you really aren't after a real solution.

There are clearly a lot of non-bigoted people who are concerned about this, so it's ridiculous to say anyone who questions this is a bigot. It's the tactic they are choosing to bring about change that many people are discouraged by. I'm offended by something, so I'm going to just cry about it and drown out any reasonable dialog that seeks to fix it until someone is fired, admits their white privilege, or some other outrageous demand.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Any source for this? And just to be clear you are saying black people are racist for revenge?

14. Baba Booey

The source is American History 101...

15. Bandwagoner

The study that determines the psychology of racism is from history? Are you as dumb as your user name?

16. Baba Booey

You are the one that didn't understand his very basic point.

Your name sucks, by the way.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's basically the same thing, black people who are racist more often than not are of the mindset that all white people are racists and thus inferior, they justify their racism by pointing out perceived injustice but in reality they are no better than Bubba from Alabama that is in the clan.

Racism is racism. No race is excluded from it.

18. Bandwagoner

I guess I would like to know why you guys think you have this incredible grasp on the internal reasoning behind racism and how they are drastically different between races. Smells like BS. Based on my experience watching Forest Gump there are many black people from Alabama named Bubba.

His basic point was he thinks he understands the reasoning behind racism of entire ethnic groups, he has then quantified and found the morally superior one. (revenge)

I think he pulled it entirely out of his ass, doesn't know anything except his tiny little world view, and is making some big illogical missteps. I was just asking how in the hell he "found out" why racists are racist.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't suggesting that the REAL reasoning behind racism was different from race to race, in fact, I was suggesting that they were the same. The only difference is the specific justifications that they tell themselves for their racism.

As to black Bubba's in Alabama, EVERYONE in Alabama is named Bubba both male and female. I was specifically talking about the white male Bubba's with that last comment however.

20. Buck Turgidson

Don't forget Police Academy

[​IMG]