1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Warriors lost because of complacency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 17, 2018.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Did you watch game 2? Did the Warriors' effort in game 2 look less than game 1 or did it look the same to you?

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

We could win the next 3 games and the excuse would be that curry was hurt and not himself, wait till the warriors are fully healthy, funny how they were fully healthy going into the series and now all sudden curry is not right. Not like he tweaked anything or went down in the game. Leople are basing his injury completely on stat lines. Thats ludicrious.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Have you still grown to hate James Frauden?

Yes I saw game 2.

From what EYE saw is that the Rockets were communicating on defense, making sure Steph, Klay, Nick Young, Dray had bad looks all day, something that wasnt done in game 1.
    I saw a lot of forced turnovers, something that wasnt done in game 1.
    The Rockets defense > Warriors effort.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He always has, always will.

As far as the effort thing, I doubt the Warriors were giving less effort. If so, only slightly, because Houston in Game 1 didn't come out aggressive.

When they slapped the Warriors in the mouth from the get-go in Game 2, the Dubs should have known they were in for a fight, so there is really no excuse. Which doesn't stop your Rachel Nichols and your other media types from doing so (not that they offered such remarks after the Rockets' Game 1 loss).

The Warriors = meal ticket for ESPN. It's like when the Bulls had Jordan. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon. They hate to watch a team lose. Be part of a winner! Wheeeeeeeee! Dos Equis and spicy garlic wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (actually, that sounds pretty good, but I digress) and "our" team won't lose, wheeeeeeeeee!

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Until we beat them in best of four.
    Warriors win: best team ever too gud and iso doesn't work, James a flopper.
    Warriors lose: rockets got lucky, warriors got complacent, James harden bends the rule, Stephanie wasn't healthy.

As u can see the media will always have excuses regardless of the outcome it wouldn't bother me if we get a ring.

The media will almost never give the rockets a solid compl8ment at best a backhand compliment idk y.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It would be fitting that you would feel this way. Saying the Warriors "didn't play as hard" as the Rockets in Game 2 is the most lazy, simplistic, elementary explanation for what happened.

7. rocketsmetalspd

When Rockets get a W it's because the other team has taken the night off or are not serious about the game. When the other team gets the W Rockets really were trying but hence the other team is that much better. Ha!! Go Rockets!! H-Town Crazy!!:)

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Effort looked the same to me on the warriors end. The reason we got easier baskets is because we played better defense and passed the ball. Game 1 was nothing but iso and everyone knew that no passes were coming so nobody was moving off the ball. The difference was on our end, we played better. We attacked in transition and we got down the court quicker before they could set their defense, this makes it easier to pass and easier to score. We also played noticeably better on defense which caused a lot more of these transition opportunities. None of this garbage about complacency.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Houston wins the series it will be because Steph was "hurt." Mind boggling.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is why Houston won.

Klay Thompson.

Houston is 3-2 against the Warriors this year.

In Houston's 3 wins.

Klay Thompson scored 8 points....16 points....and 8 points.

In Houston's 2 losses.

Klay Thompson scored 28 points in both games.

11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Rachel Nichols knows squat about anything. The only thing worse than her analysis is the cringe worthy way she gives her analysis. Her stupid analysis coupled with her shylock nose really makes me wonder why she has a job on tv.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think we can trash Rachel without going into her ethnicity.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I agree that we played way better too. I feel like the Warriors effort was lackluster in addition to this.
    I think the Warriors didn't play as hard AND we played a hell of a lot better than we did in game 1 too.
    I agree we played much better but I still think the Warriors also didn't play as hard. They looked complacent to me. Us passing the ball more doesn't make them stand still on multiple defensive plays leading to them getting burned and easy layups/dunks for us. I hope game 3 is like this!