1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Warriors lost because of complacency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 17, 2018.

1. rocks123

rocks123 Member

They lost one freaking game last play off season. They were a 73 win team. IF there is one thing i kind of like about GSW is they want to win EVERY GAME. Yes they might try sitting their best players on some regualr season game but whoever is on the floor playing is always trying to win. This is why i never bought that bullshit of turning on the switch with GSW. The switch is on it's their light that's dimming. they would need to change some of their bulbs offseason regardless of the result of this series.

hakeem94, Jontro and Stack24 like this.
  2. alethios

alethios Member

No one still wants to believe the Rockets are good enough to beat the Warriors. The denial is serious.

BigShasta, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

This was my exact point. A lot of teams tend to take days off but in the playoffs the Warriors never do. They come out to kill you every game and take the fight out of you. 3 losses in the last two years and one of them was with Curry not even playing and the other with him just getting back from injury.

They will find any narrative instead of just saying we came out, made the right adjustments and pushed the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Someone tell Rachel the key to this series is thiccness, not complacency.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

rockets lost game 1 because of complacency

6. H-Town Rockets Guy

Its not that Golden State Warriors took the game off in Game 2, their cocky ass players thought Rockets will bow down and give them the Game. They did not know what hit them til the 4th qtr. We stomped them pretty good. Expect plenty of cheap dirty gimmicks from Draymond and Co. in the upcoming Games.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

In my opinion the game 1 lost of rockets was more of them Feeling the competition too much. Rockets shoot thrmselves in the foot. Reason why they are so pissed off because they knew it was a winnable game. Leaving klay open, arizas 5 fouls and harden and paul seemingly slow offense set up are MENTAL LAPSES not even forced by GSW. Its the rockets own doing. And i think the media knows it too they just dont wanna admit it.

BigShasta, hakeem94 and j@amc like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe the reason all those media types think the warriors beat themselves is because they're a bunch of jagoffs.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What a bunch of fn BS. The Worriers could afford to be lazy and take the split.

What happened to "we want to win another 'ship and it don't matter who's in the way of that. If you're in the way of that, then you happen to be in the way. It don't matter to us who we play. Now they're in the way - perfect. Let's get it. We're not running around saying we want them bad. NO, we have a goal-we want a 'ship bad - another one"

Let me get this straight- you want a ANOTHER championship BAD- but yet YOU CAN AFFORD to be lazy, take the night off, get the split. GTFO BSPN

1. Worriers are hurt
    2. Worriers are tired
    3. Worriers are bored
    4. Worriers are lazy
    5. Worriers gonna sweep us
    6. THEY AIN'T EVEN THAT GOOD

#69 Tfor3, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is always a Hotter Take.

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and Jontro like this.
  11. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

12. MystikArkitect

Man if the Rockets win this series the Curry health takes will be off the rails.

Stormy1234 and napalm06 like this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Stephanie can do no wrong

Playing bad: She's hurt
    Playing well: Best player ever

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. RCPM

RCPM Member

Come on you guys, can't you just let Rachel and Tracy be girls?

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I hope the Warriors think the same thing.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Rachel should stick with football. ESPN is trash, no matter the outcome they always go for names and population. I can't wait when they do 30-30 on the end of Warriors dynasty and we will be the main actor.

Jake Tower likes this.
  17. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I hope they stay complacent for the rest of the series then

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's amazing to hear and watch the extent to which Bay Area media gives Curry a pass on his terrible defense. In the last game alone he made stupid reach after stupid reach, switched at the wrong times, got backdoor cut, etc. Harden gets much rougher media treatment, when (in my opinion), he just lacks lateral foot speed instead of just being stupid. Sure, he has some lazy plays, but at best a Curry homer has to admit the two are equivalent defenders. I'm a Rockets homer, but still, I think Harden's post defense and greater average intensity make him the better of two bad defenders.

But anyway, yes, the Bay Area media has completely 100% embraced the "Warriors were bored" message for Game 2. But they've turned the ball over ALL year, so I guess they have been bored for most of the year (?).

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Harden's a bad off the ball defender, and bad on the ball against quick explosive guards.
    Curry's bad at everything other than flopping,

B-Bob likes this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Im not sure if you are being sarcastic..........