1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Warriors lost because of complacency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 17, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

It is really simple..... the first team to win back to back games in this series will win the series.

SS0101, Invisible Fan and bizzy045 like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The links to videos the more clicks
    More ad revenue for ESPN

But I guess not too many people understand how things work

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Don't care what the haters say. GS didn't want it? We'll take it. Even if we lose this series, I'm proud as hell of this team. The best we've ever had and would be the favorites for the championship if KD weren't a b****.

everyday eddie and D-rock like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

California controls these media outlets. Stay woke

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Brace yourselves because as soon as (IF) we take a lead in this series, the narrative is going to become that the Warriors are underdogs with the heart of a champion.... and we all know THAT ain't true.

D-rock likes this.
  6. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Really??? You must've stopped listening after the first 40 seconds. The GSW complacency comments (or foot off the pedal comments) aside, I thought she was quite analytical and spot on talking about how much quicker we played, we had the same number of ISO plays but were quicker and how we went to Curry etc etc. Thought she was quite complimentary of our performance.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Y'all should relax. Yeah, she was throwing the lazy excuse out there, but at the same time she did have a solid analysis on what the Rockets are doing out there. Hell, she wasn't even lazy like some of the other ****ers that think our offensive game plan changed.

She even went as far as saying that Curry is wearing out as the game goes on because how much we are making work on the defensive end along with some numbers. She didn't even give him the excuse that Reggie was desperately trying to sell us right now that he is hurt.

The overall analysis, outside of the Warriors being lazy, was good. I don't understand why y'all so mad.

I'm just ready for game 3.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. The Rockets havent proven anything yet. We need to win a game in Oracle and then we can start talking.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

WTF?o_O
    [​IMG]

King1, Jontro, RocketWalta and 2 others like this.
  10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Not buying it...warriors show complacency in game 3's if anything...as is evident by the fact that they have never been tied 1-1 in this era.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

But when GSW beat Rockets in game 1, "oh Rockets suck", "this will be a sweep", "Rockets dont have enough" blah blah

Just STFU

WestendMassive likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

This is all fine. No one is going to say anything positive until the Rockets win in Golden State now. In fact, I bet there will be a lot of folks giving the Rockets credit reluctantly even if the Rockets come out on top in this series. I bet even if they win the title they'll still talk about how "Curry was hurt". Thats fine, whatever. The Warriors have benefited from other teams injuries in the past, not sure why they're the only ones that ever get the excuse.

How much "Curry was hurt" chatter do you hear about the Cavs title in 2016? Durability is a part of the game whether people like it or not. If it wasn't then Derrrick Rose would still be winning MVPs.

13. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

rachel would get it [​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Oh so if complacency was the reason they lost so they should get a pass and the rockets didn't deserve to win, lol at this stage of the playoffs every game counts and every player from both teams realize that, 1 game could make huge difference hell every possession count.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Amazing how so many sports pundits are parroting the narrative that GS 'beat themselves'.
    Like the Rockets had nothing to do with it. They just 'took the night off'.
    GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

[​IMG]

Tfor3, ryano2009 and D-rock like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I don't mind watching criticism about the Rockets so long as it's coming from Rachel Nichols. Damn.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

let's make sure they take off for 3 more games, like he/she said

BigShasta, D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. HookemHorns1250

If that's them taking the night off, and they want to take the night off the next three games, I'm totally cool with that.

BigShasta and Jontro like this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I’m sure “complacency” is just the new slang term for Rockets....

..Y’know, like North Korea might launch some complacency at the USA any day now

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Warriors down 3-1. Media says, "Warriors are clearly a tired and injured group." "It's not easy to make the nba finals 4 straight times."

Media goes on to talk about nba draft and Lebron James.

BigShasta, hakeem94, Cash Cam and 3 others like this.