1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Race to the bottom

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Jun 28, 2017.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Every other day this month it seems another team decides to blow it up and rebuild.
    Which teams do you think will give the most competition to Boston this year for the no.1 pick?

So far pending free agency I see Clippers, Bulls, Suns, Kings, Lakers, Indiana, Brooklyn, Orlando, Knicks tanking with Atlanta, Sixers and Mavs trailing close.
    I don't remember another season with such a huge amount of tankers.

#1 malakas, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Add the Clippers

ghettocheeze, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

lol Fail. I only started this thread coz of them and forgot to list them. xD

BigShasta, BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's what I thought would happen after the Warriors did what they did.

Lots of teams will realize they don't have much of a shot and immediately fold...other teams will benefit from this folding like the Rockets and T'wolves have.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

there's not enough talent per teams tanking

some lucky ones will be good in 5 years

Yaosthirdleg and BigMaloe like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Clipps and Bulls at the tippy top of the list.

No stars all assets once Bla-key and Dwad-ey leave.

malakas likes this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Porter Jr is the real deal

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Harden wanted to race to the bottom here:

hvic and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I suspect the C's are in trouble; Nets should win a few (particularly v some of the race-to-the-bottomers).

malakas likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Race to the Center of the Earth.

12. craguin

craguin Member

heypartner and malakas like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think it's kinda cool to see, really. Some teams see they don't have a shot, so they give their best guys to one of the remaining hopefuls. We'll end up with a handful of superteam juggernauts fighting for the ring and then a whole bunch of teams playing out the string. For the hopefuls, the challenge is getting the right assets to actually be able to compete with the Warriors. For the teams that fold, it is probably even harder, trying to figure out in what year do they want to be competitive again, and how do they time their resurgence so that all the stars align when they do. Maybe it's more interesting for me as a fan of one of the teams that will still compete than it is for fans of teams that gave up.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is spot-on, and we are truly blessed to have a visionary like Daryl Morey, along with a coach and star tandem that are so open to trying new things to win. We're a destination now because of Morey's ability to stay #fluid, and not ever lose faith that his quest for another star will bear fruit.

15. malakas

malakas Member

so far looking at the rosters I don't even think that Brooklyn has the worst team next year. Bulls Kings and Pacers look worse and their coaches are no comparison to Atkinson.

16. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Porter is absolutely worth tanking for. He's miles better than Fultz or Simmons. So odds are against Brooklyn, since they are not playing for their own pick, even though they were actually unbelievably bad last year. The next-worst team was actually Phoenix, which plays in the West and might not win a single road game in the West. So Phoenix (not mentioned yet) is a solid candidate.

malakas likes this.
  17. MD_in_Training

Definitely the KD effect. The problem is that 90% of these teams are still going to tanking half a decade from now, as only a small handful of teams can trust the process and come away with a respectable contender. I'd be surprised if these tanking teams don't lose a substantial portion of their fans next year.

18. malakas

malakas Member

The Bulls have some of their starters play in SL and with the way things look unless they do some signings it will be shocking if they don't finish with the worst record.

They are so bad I can't even hate them anymore.