1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Race Card...so weak.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Nov 10, 2014.

1. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I'm afraid I can't agree here.

But I do understand (and I'm very happy) that our society is making strides, as it were, towards what you suggest. And hopefully one day, we'll all get to a place where this really is "overacting".

Looking back, I've said many times, is not the way to move forward. But in order to not make some of the same mistakes again (because as human beings, we're all confined to three dimensions of existence...and what we feel or believe is just as important to us as what we can or cannot prove)...

...we do have to be honest about why those anxieties exist. And the only way to do that is to make sure we know where certain things come from.

Personally, I try my best not to burden anyone who isn't "black" with whatever my own anxieties or prejudices might be in personal or professional relationships.

I had a water-cooler talk with a (white) guy a couple weeks ago, about mothers, of all things. Ultimately, I got around to telling him that, at the end of the day, for me, if I believe in treating everyone I meet fairly...then everyone, at least initially, must be met with the same benefit-of-the-doubt.

There's a story in the Christian New Testament about Jesus' disciples asking him how many times they should forgive somebody that's wronged them. In their minds, and through Judaic tradition, morality was something that could be (perhaps even HAD to be) legislated. An eye-for-an-eye, in essence.

Jesus gave them the answer they were ready to hear (70 times 7...some numeric equivalent of "completeness" or "numberlessness" or "infinity" in Judaic tradition), but it wasn't one they were ready to understand.

It wasn't how many times it took to get to the conclusion you say you want...it's understanding that the conclusion is always a one-to-one ratio.

Everyday, before I even leave my house, I make up my mind to meet everyone (especially people I haven't met) at that place where I believe truth exists...in the spaces between individuals acknowledging themselves as individuals.

Not equal in accomplishment or stature...but equal in being.

That makes me, on one hand, an indoctrinated Negro ward of the white state, licking the heels of the white master for approval and sustenance...

...and on the other, a fearsome embodiment of just what could very possibly happen if too many of these type of Negroes get let off their leashes to roam the countryside...raping, pillaging, and rap-music-ing their way to destroying everything that the government hasn't already given away to them.

I can't wait to hear what Governor Bobby Jindal has to say about this...
    ...Negroes being responsible for how racist (some) white people are....

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hmmmmm, I think I saw this on Law and Order. :)

3. Cranberry_Juice

HR Dept is ICE T? Aww snap.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

amen. Plus, it could add on to the secret white person discount.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

C'mon man, you aren't supposed to talk about that.

6. Buck Turgidson

"What the hell kind of country is this if i can only hate a guy if he's white?" -- Hank Hill

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Can I borrow your white person card?

I need to make some Christmas shopping. Plus the security guards just won't leave me in peace.

8. rudan

rudan Member

It is non-transferable. Either you have one or you don't ;)

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I guess someone's not getting a promotion end of year. :(

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Member

you're a victim of facial discrimination.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The other day, I heard a black chick in her early 20's ask this white guy what his political affiliation was. He obviously was not interested in the conversation and said something along the lines of "I don't really want to talk about that."

After that, she flipped out. Chick was clearly yelling at him about something along the lines of how white people never want to answer that question. She then went on to ask him why they are so hesitant to admit their political affiliation. Still yelling of course.

The entire time I'm just sitting there thinking she's nuts. I'm casually observing, noting that she's trying to play racial victim somehow and make that guy out to be bad when he's just sitting there not wanting to talk about politics.

Then she drops the usual poor old me line. "I feel strongly about politics and I vote because there was a time that people like me (black and a woman) didn't get to vote in this country."

Um. U wot? Do people in their early-mid 20's really get to use that line? Are you ****ing kidding me? Forget her never having to deal with that. I can almost guarantee her parents never did either.

Anyone in that age range who says stuff like that and takes their self seriously is ridiculous. What a joke.

#31 DudeWah, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  12. dback816

dback816 Member

Fixed.

Other races don't pull the race card that often. Even when they do, the average white guy doesn't take it seriously anyway.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well considering you have Republican leadership admitting openly that they closed polls/passed voter ID laws/reduced polling hours in an effort to keep black people from voting, she has every right to feel strongly. That was in the 2012 election cycle.

So when you have leadership in one one party admitting they are doing what they can to keep black people from voting just two years ago, then someone in their 20's has every right to feel strongly about voting.

I'm not saying her tactics at talking about it were the best, but there's a reason she feels like she does. She's faced discrimination. This nation has a history of discrimination.

So even if Republicans hadn't been on record in 2012 admitting they were trying to keep blacks from voting, then she would still have a right to feel strongly about voting because of the nation's history. It's actually a good idea to learn from history and want to make changes to improve it, and be on guard that it doesn't happen again. It's how we improve.

I totally disagree with her badgering someone who didn't want to talk about politics with a complete stranger. But I don't fault her for having strong feelings and understanding the history regarding voting.

14. across110thstreet

the race card card... weak

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You guys think if there were no banning and lynchings of Chinese and other Asians, that Asians would probably be the predominant race in America? Just a hypothetical question.

16. rudan

rudan Member

Probably. Jermemy Lin would be president and there would be no black people in the nba.........

17. rudan

rudan Member

Black women are the worst. They vote 96% democrat and they are always angry as hell. At least with black guys, theres a chance they arent angry. Just deadbeat dads :p