1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.J. Hunter

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Chamillionaire, May 6, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His shot release isn't low...it just starts low. It looks odd because of his wingspan,but i think that's the key to him being a good shooter. It allows him to get a good arc and roll off his finger tips.

I don't think he has a low bball IQ. It seems like he did what he needed to do on that team. Passes well on the PNR.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Obviously the prospect of a elite level shooter is always appealing, but RJ is a few years from being a solid NBA player...It has to start defensively.

There is zero question that the dude has the tools to be an elite level shooter, and his does have HIGH bball IQ...but still think the dude has to prove him self defensively.

I personally think the Rockets really want to move up in this draft, but if RJ is there at 18...would not be surprised if Morey takes a gamble...

3. Chamillionaire

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YIe8dUn-wYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. basketballholic

He looked very, very good last night. Kyle Korver-esque good. He distorted the whole defense because they were having to face-guard him continuously. And he still got off his shots and knocked them down. Going to be a solid contributor.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

His release is so quick...eerily similar to Curry. Lot of teams are gonna regret passing him up. Good for the Celtics.

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Day-um, that boy can shoot. Looks like a more athletic Novak. I know it's a small sample size, but... Maury, git'r done!

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He was one of the handful of guys I wanted for the Rockets; wish they could have traded up back in the first to get him but really happy with Dekker and Harrell.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's a little Kevin Martin there

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even he will be just like Kmart, that still will be a very good player for 5-6 years.

10. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

KMart is 10 times the athlete Hunter is.