1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.I.P. - Richard Wright of Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BetterThanI, Sep 15, 2008.

1. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Ouch. This one hurts. The greatest band of all time (IMHO) is down one member.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/15/obit.wright.ap/index.html

Some might argue that he was the weakest of the original bandmates (I personally think that title goes to Nick Mason), but still and all: a great musician from a legendary band.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBWY3bli92Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBWY3bli92Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AefVXeTIt3E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AefVXeTIt3E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Man down...that does hurt. RIP, Richard. :(

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...if there were any hopes of a future reunion tour (not that there were any)...then they are all but buried now.

Sorry to see you go, Richard Wright. Thank you for co-writing and performing songs on possibly the greatest album of all time, "Dark Side of the Moon", and contributing to this legendary band over the years! You will be missed.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This just literally gave me chills. My favorite band of all time and one of the greatest musical writers ever. Just, wow. :(

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Actually, maybe not. Supposedly, Wright and Waters were particularly contentious, so (sorry to say) his absence might actually help matters.

6. MystikArkitect

Damn... :(

I was hoping to catch the surviving members (Wright/Mason/Gilmour/Waters) do one last tour before something like this happened...he will be missed.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It would not even be CLOSE to the same without Wright.

8. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Sad news.

9. Win

Win Contributing Member

Wright has my deep appeciation and hopes that he RIP.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Obscured by Clouds
    Atom Heart Mother
    Meddle
    Ummagumma
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Wish You Were Here
    Animals
    The Wall
    The Final Cut

What a terrific, innovative, excellent band- truly unique- I mean, really, was there any band quite as unique as Floyd? I just think so highly of their talent, their music, and their impact on music- who can listen to "Wish You Were Here" or "Time" and not be affected?. He was a major, major part of their sound and he will definitely be missed and remembered.

Brain Damage
    Comfortably Numb
    Dogs
    One of These Days
    Have a Cigar

So many great songs. RIP, RW.

11. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Floyd is in my top two with Zeppelin being the other.

Wright was amazing. So sad that he's gone.

RIP.

:(