1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[R.I.P.] José Camarena (Arandas founder) has passed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Mar 27, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

José Camarena, founder of Taquería Arandas chain has died
    [more]

R.I.P. to one of the most influential business peeps of Houston. :(
    +
    Que en Paz Descanse el Señor Camarena.

With all due respect to the Camarena family, please have a BIG-A$$ burrito or a BIG-A$$ gordita in his honor at one of the Arandas.

1 person likes this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Great story of hard work and perseverance! It's always good to hear of someone who triumphs over adversity! I haven't been to Arandas in a long time, but I remember it was always full (Irvington location) every time I went! I admire him for putting a picture of Jesus in every location (you don't have to agree with me), and not forgetting his roots of where he came from.

Que en Paz Descanse Señor Camarena.....
    R.I.P.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Never a fan of the food but their bakery is freaking awesome!

RIP

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Arandas was the go-to place after hours. thank you to this senor for satisfying my late night hunger.

5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Food was ok in the 90's

really bad food nowadays

hell of a business man!

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i was friends with this guys nephew cesar camerana. i know cesars side of the family owned the arandas off of mangum. last time i talked to him he was mentioning something about issues with the family and they ended up seperating from the arandas brand. they changed the name of their restaurant to pericos. yea but arandas are everywhere and mostly eveyrone has the same opinion, good drunk food that tastes microwaved..

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Best tasting laxative on the market.

1 person likes this.